PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Adventure > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-23-2011, 02:40 AM   #1
terman8or

t3rman8or's Gamercard
Freezing issues

Ive had this happen to me a few times now, when a skylander dies and you take him off the portal my whole console will freeze, and need to be reset manually. It is not every time a skylander dies but it has defiantly happened more then id like, has anyone else had this happen or know if this means my portal may be faulty? Or maybe I'm just taking them off the portal to fast.. ? Any thoughts?
terman8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:04 AM   #2
enilson

s1x demon bag's Gamercard
This exact thing happened to my son today playing. We had done it probably 6 or 7 times previously upon deaths - but the last time the entire XBOX froze up and we had to power it down.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:18 AM   #3
tkhbecker

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Only time Ive had any freezing issue is when I remove the Skylander upon death before the games thells you to like "This Skylander needs a rest ...blah blah blah..."

Also how old is your system? Ive been hearing from friends within my gaming circle that alot of newer games are puting a strain on older cosoles. Mainly old Arcade and Pro systems, some Elites, and rarely any slims.

Pixels
tkhbecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:39 AM   #4
terman8or

t3rman8or's Gamercard
Ive got a 120GB Elite.

Yeah i think its what you mentioned earlier, possibly taking it off after it has died before it tells you to take it off? Maybe its just a weird glitch that causes the console to freeze?
terman8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:20 AM   #5
Wilkz07

wilkz07's Gamercard
i've been seeing today on mine (forza 3 elite console) that when i'm in the game and swap skylanders the portal screen shows Player 1 put a skylander down and when i put one on nothing happens, stays on the portal screen.

anyone else experience this? sucks that when you can trade out mid level to access new areas the game freezes.
Wilkz07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:18 AM   #6
D00mM4r1n3

D00mM4r1n3's Gamercard
The worst i've had so far was a glitch where after a Skylander died, it kept the message on screen through the rest of the chapter that the Skylander needs to rest and to press Y if you want to restart the level. It didn't matter what Skylander I put on the portal, the message stayed up.

It got rather annoying since it was the next-to-last crypt level that has all the cannons, so every time I needed to turn or fire a cannon it performed that action as well as brought up the Yes/No screen to restart. Made it through the level without needing to do so, and things returned to normal once I was back in the overworld.

100% Retail: Avatar, Bolt, Cars, Lego Batman, Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Indiana Jones 2: TAC, Lego Star Wars: TCS, Open Season, Viva Piņata: TIP
100% Arcade: Battlefield 1943, Defense Grid, Rocky and Bullwinkle
D00mM4r1n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:32 PM   #7
kalpuyo

Yes, I have one elite 120 forza 3 xbox and suffered several hangs when player 1 dies. The most frecuent with Stump Smash, today three times at the end of the level 17 (Creepy Citadel)

They aren't the first freezes but it's the first time we found a cause-effect relation.

It's a great game but has too many glitches and freezes.
kalpuyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:29 PM   #8
PANIC ATTACK 10

PANIC ATTACK 10's Gamercard
i've had no proablems & play it on my 360 pro 120GBHD. its installed too. so installing it might help.
PANIC ATTACK 10 is offline   Reply With Quote