PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Wreckateer
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-21-2012, 10:50 PM   #1
MrZombieChicken

MrZombieChicken's Gamercard
This game is really fun

I got a code 5 days before release and have been playing for 2 days now. It is really fun and destroying stuff feels very satisfying. This is the kind of game they should bundle with the sensor to show people how fun Kinect can be.
MrZombieChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #2
tonyskat

tonyskat's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZombieChicken View Post
I got a code 5 days before release and have been playing for 2 days now. It is really fun and destroying stuff feels very satisfying. This is the kind of game they should bundle with the sensor to show people how fun Kinect can be.
Yeah, I have to agree. I just got review copy and played for about an hour nad it's great!
tonyskat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:09 AM   #3
Blarghinator

Budda Kupp's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
i know this is a little off topic but how do you get your hands on a review copy? Do you work for a website, magazine, or some form of video game news provider? just curious

On topic, what is this game about exactly? And how are the achievements?

Entered Alabama's Top Ten On June 26, 2012
Passed Number 9 on July 1, 2012
Passed Number 8 on July 13, 2012
Passed Number 7 on August 8, 2012
Passed Number 6 on September 29, 2012
You're next DefEdge
Blarghinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:39 AM   #4
Thee Elf

eg x thee elf's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarghinator View Post
i know this is a little off topic but how do you get your hands on a review copy? Do you work for a website, magazine, or some form of video game news provider? just curious

On topic, what is this game about exactly? And how are the achievements?
I'm very curious about the review copy as well. In regards to your question it has a feel of angry birds with power-ups, minus the birds and destroying castles. The achievements don't look too bad.
Thee Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:23 PM   #5
MrZombieChicken

MrZombieChicken's Gamercard
A game reviewer I know got a code for the game and he did not want it (maybe he doesn't have Kinect) so I took it off his hands.
MrZombieChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:14 PM   #6
hestar

Hestar69's Gamercard
I have calibrated my Kinect 3 times, turned all the lights on in my room & I have more than enough playing space. But for some reason the game makes my character do a 360 & face opposite the catapult.That or he's turned to the side when I'm standing straight.

I've played many games on the kinect & this is the only that wont FACE me towards teh damn catapult.Anyone else having this problem?

hestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:25 PM   #7
Dalek Nation

Dalek Nation's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by hestar View Post
I have calibrated my Kinect 3 times, turned all the lights on in my room & I have more than enough playing space. But for some reason the game makes my character do a 360 & face opposite the catapult.That or he's turned to the side when I'm standing straight.

I've played many games on the kinect & this is the only that wont FACE me towards teh damn catapult.Anyone else having this problem?
Hes, I had same problem on the demo and didn't even make it through the demo. Posters on XBOX forums are saying this won't happen if you turn the controller "OFF". Can't confirm this as I just found out.
The problem I have is the same for KinSports2-golf... trying to move the ballista all the way left or right puts me on edge of Kinect's range making my arms do, well, whatever Kinect wants them to
Old 07-26-2012, 07:34 PM   #8
Thee Elf

eg x thee elf's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalek Nation View Post
Hes, I had same problem on the demo and didn't even make it through the demo. Posters on XBOX forums are saying this won't happen if you turn the controller "OFF". Can't confirm this as I just found out.
I normally have my controller on and didn't experience any issues last night.
Thee Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:06 PM   #9
hestar

Hestar69's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalek Nation View Post
The problem I have is the same for KinSports2-golf... trying to move the ballista all the way left or right puts me on edge of Kinect's range making my arms do, well, whatever Kinect wants them to

Yup That seemed to fix it,thanks alot man I appreciate the help!.Never woulda thought it was my controller messing the kinect up somehow :P

hestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:39 PM   #10
ecu1982

Craig0930's Gamercard
Glad to head that this is a fun game. Wanted to make sure it was worth the 800 points.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:42 AM   #11
bryanh1037

TheBendy's Gamercard
Definitely A Steal For $10

I wasn't expecting much from this game, but it has turned out to be one of my favorite Kinect titles. The play control is so spot on! It makes a great party or company game too.
bryanh1037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:42 PM   #12
LeiChat

LeiChat's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hestar View Post
I have calibrated my Kinect 3 times, turned all the lights on in my room...
What sort of lights do you have? Fluorescent bulbs are particularly bad for Kinect, you may find it better having the lights off. I bought some LED lights from IKEA that I've mounted so they're behind the sensor shining towards me which has really improved things.

I believe the motion tracking sensor uses infra red, it's only the recognising the player bit that needs you to be lit.
LeiChat is offline   Reply With Quote