PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > FIFA 12 > UEFA EURO 2012
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2012, 03:47 PM   #1
daz343
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 69
Send a message via MSN to daz343

oxDaz343xo's Gamercard
how to play 2 mins matches on expedition

this way is making expedition quicker to finish. what you do is
start up fifa go on euro 2012
when your on the euro menu if it says in top left corner trial version go on expedition try and play a match it says you have to purchase euro 2012 go to the screen when you buy it and press back to go back to expedition screen then play a match dont go on game settings just start the match and you should be on 2mins game when the game is finished just go straight to next game dont go on game settings and it shud still be on 2mins. just a quick method which is helping for me.
daz343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:42 AM   #2
itsric05
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 23

itsric05's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by daz343 View Post
this way is making expedition quicker to finish. what you do is
start up fifa go on euro 2012
when your on the euro menu if it says in top left corner trial version go on expedition try and play a match it says you have to purchase euro 2012 go to the screen when you buy it and press back to go back to expedition screen then play a match dont go on game settings just start the match and you should be on 2mins game when the game is finished just go straight to next game dont go on game settings and it shud still be on 2mins. just a quick method which is helping for me.
Hey, Has anyone else managed this at all? I have tried the above but always seems to be 4 mins still!

Part that gets me is "press back to go back to expedition screen" - i can only push B to go back - is that what you mean?

Anything else you think i might be doing wrong? Would love to be able to play this on 2 min halfs!!
itsric05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:18 AM   #3
iMartin AFC
 
iMartin AFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 135

iMartin AFC's Gamercard
i dont know how to do it either? :S confused.com
__________________
Gamertag| iMartin AFC | Games currently working on| Fifa 12, Gears of war 3, Forza Motorsport 3
iMartin AFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:04 AM   #4
Bohemian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 333

VoicelessMidget's Gamercard
I tried this method and it didn't work. More explanation please if possible.
Bohemian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:37 AM   #5
Bohemian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 333

VoicelessMidget's Gamercard
Ok i just found out how to get 2 min halfs. Found purely by accident whilst trying to get the My Euro achievement. Ill tell you what i DID, i can't tell you what not to do as i don't know because i don't really care.
1. Load up Euro.
2. Play a Kick off game. Here you should see that the time is 2 mins and you are not allowed to change it.
3. When the game ends go into expedition it should say that you need to download it and whatever just press ok and back out. Play a game in expedition. It should be 2 min halfs. You will notice this because the game ends incredibly quicker than the 4 min halfs.
The OP may be right about NOT going into settings, i can't confirm as i never touch the settings anyway. Hope this helps. Also let me know if this helps.
Bohemian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:58 AM   #6
itsric05
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 23

itsric05's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
Ok i just found out how to get 2 min halfs. Found purely by accident whilst trying to get the My Euro achievement. Ill tell you what i DID, i can't tell you what not to do as i don't know because i don't really care.
1. Load up Euro.
2. Play a Kick off game. Here you should see that the time is 2 mins and you are not allowed to change it.
3. When the game ends go into expedition it should say that you need to download it and whatever just press ok and back out. Play a game in expedition. It should be 2 min halfs. You will notice this because the game ends incredibly quicker than the 4 min halfs.
The OP may be right about NOT going into settings, i can't confirm as i never touch the settings anyway. Hope this helps. Also let me know if this helps.
Hey,

Just followed the above method and it works!! Played 2 games in a row after the "kick off" game and both were def 2 min halfs...thanks so much for working this out.

For anyone wanting to do this, follow exactly what he put!!

Thanks Again!
itsric05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:58 PM   #7
tremberz
 
tremberz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Surrey, England
Posts: 1,332

tremberz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
Ok i just found out how to get 2 min halfs. Found purely by accident whilst trying to get the My Euro achievement. Ill tell you what i DID, i can't tell you what not to do as i don't know because i don't really care.
1. Load up Euro.
2. Play a Kick off game. Here you should see that the time is 2 mins and you are not allowed to change it.
3. When the game ends go into expedition it should say that you need to download it and whatever just press ok and back out. Play a game in expedition. It should be 2 min halfs. You will notice this because the game ends incredibly quicker than the 4 min halfs.
The OP may be right about NOT going into settings, i can't confirm as i never touch the settings anyway. Hope this helps. Also let me know if this helps.
I don't get this? When I go to kick-off game the time limit is 4 minutes and I can't change it? Is that what you mean?
__________________


Gears of War Veteran
Seriously - unlocked 6/6/07
Seriously 2.0- unlocked 2/2/10
Seriously 3.0- unlocked 21/3/13

Total Online Kills - 150,000+

tremberz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:56 AM   #8
Bohemian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 333

VoicelessMidget's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsric05 View Post
Hey,

Just followed the above method and it works!! Played 2 games in a row after the "kick off" game and both were def 2 min halfs...thanks so much for working this out.

For anyone wanting to do this, follow exactly what he put!!

Thanks Again!
Im glad i helped but thank you for confirming this works.
Bohemian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:02 AM   #9
Bohemian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 333

VoicelessMidget's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tremberz View Post
I don't get this? When I go to kick-off game the time limit is 4 minutes and I can't change it? Is that what you mean?
Every time i load up Euro it doesnt recognise that ive downloaded(cos its fucked) it and it goes into trial mode. You can see it's in trial mode by looking up at the top left corner of your screen in the main menu. Now trial games can only be 2 mins long so in 'Kick Off' the games should be 2 mins long and all the settings, except difficulty, will be faded out and cannot be changed. So make sure when you load it up it's in trial mode then follow my method. If you never have that problem then i don't know how i can help you.
Bohemian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:15 PM   #10
Evo Kazz
 
Evo Kazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Manchester U.K
Posts: 4,850

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I tried this method several times on my journey and it never worked so I did it with 4 min halves, brutally boring stuff.
__________________





Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:18 PM   #11
James Medway
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 169

James Medway's Gamercard
This is mind numbing. But I just won the online euros so I need to finish he rest to fully 1250 this FIFA
James Medway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:36 AM   #12
Bohemian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 333

VoicelessMidget's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by evokazz View Post
I tried this method several times on my journey and it never worked so I did it with 4 min halves, brutally boring stuff.

Did you try my method or the 1st post method?
Bohemian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:46 PM   #13
tremberz
 
tremberz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Surrey, England
Posts: 1,332

tremberz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I managed to get this method to work, only sometimes did it come up with trial version at the top. When it did, I simply played a kick-off game and then from then on the expedition games were 2 minute halves.

For some reason its not coming up with trial version anymore, maybe its been patched? I only tried a few times so it still may work, but only have like 15 games to go so thought I may as well do it normally.

If someone could confirm this method still works it'll be great for others.
__________________


Gears of War Veteran
Seriously - unlocked 6/6/07
Seriously 2.0- unlocked 2/2/10
Seriously 3.0- unlocked 21/3/13

Total Online Kills - 150,000+

tremberz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:38 AM   #14
Bohemian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 333

VoicelessMidget's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tremberz View Post
I managed to get this method to work, only sometimes did it come up with trial version at the top. When it did, I simply played a kick-off game and then from then on the expedition games were 2 minute halves.

For some reason its not coming up with trial version anymore, maybe its been patched? I only tried a few times so it still may work, but only have like 15 games to go so thought I may as well do it normally.

If someone could confirm this method still works it'll be great for others.
If it doesn't come up with trial version simply restart your xbox and load it up again and it'll say trial version. That always worked with me.
Bohemian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:43 AM   #15
scaffade
 
scaffade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: grimsby
Posts: 30

scaffade's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemian View Post
if it doesn't come up with trial version simply restart your xbox and load it up again and it'll say trial version. That always worked with me.
your way is the way it works mate. And i can confirm is still works
scaffade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:33 AM   #16
JC
 
JC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 2,979

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   x360a Book Club   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Just tried this and did not work, odd.
__________________
JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #17
scaffade
 
scaffade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: grimsby
Posts: 30

scaffade's Gamercard
it feels to me like its always on 2 mins half since i did this
scaffade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:31 PM   #18
warp mx
 
warp mx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 9
Thumbs up

nice find have to try this method to speed a few games
__________________






Xbox LIVE Community Ambassador | Mexico


n0BoDy iS p3RfEcT
warp mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:30 PM   #19
WoodsMonk
 
WoodsMonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Posts: 679

WoodsMonk's Gamercard
Thanks for this!
__________________


WoodsMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #20
blenderhead
 
blenderhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 18

SpiritedZombie's Gamercard
thank you daz343 & Bohemian! that'll make the grind a lot easier
__________________
blenderhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:21 PM   #21
xxDAMRONxx
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 267

xxDAMRONxx's Gamercard
this does not work for me either
__________________
160+ Completed Retail/arcade games (includes DLC)
xxDAMRONxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:26 AM   #22
EJames2100
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 90

EJames2100's Gamercard
Always works for me and was a massive time saver.

Just to improve but you don't always have to play a kick off, do the kick off once and just never go into settings and it'll always be 2min matches.
EJames2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:16 PM   #23
WoodsMonk
 
WoodsMonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Posts: 679

WoodsMonk's Gamercard
Only had 64 mosaic pieces before I discovered this thread. Got all Mosaic pieces in 4days with this and the help of FM2012 to help it not get boring!
__________________


WoodsMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:52 AM   #24
L4D II JoK3r
 
L4D II JoK3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 479

L4D II JoK3r's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
Ok i just found out how to get 2 min halfs. Found purely by accident whilst trying to get the My Euro achievement. Ill tell you what i DID, i can't tell you what not to do as i don't know because i don't really care.
1. Load up Euro.
2. Play a Kick off game. Here you should see that the time is 2 mins and you are not allowed to change it.
3. When the game ends go into expedition it should say that you need to download it and whatever just press ok and back out. Play a game in expedition. It should be 2 min halfs. You will notice this because the game ends incredibly quicker than the 4 min halfs.
The OP may be right about NOT going into settings, i can't confirm as i never touch the settings anyway. Hope this helps. Also let me know if this helps.
Works like a charm, cheers you've just cut the completion time of this dumb DLC in half
__________________

L4D II JoK3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:19 AM.