'The Chosen One' Glitched?

I did MK 1 (Normal), UMK3 (Very easy), then MK2 (Very easy) and got the three related achievements but not "The Chosen One".

I did MK 1 (Very easy) again, got nothing, then did MK2 (Very easy) again, got nothing, and finally, I did UMK3 (Very easy) again and I got "The Chosen One" achievement.

So it seems that, for most of them, the achievement got unlocked once we beat each game twice.

Edited by davhuit

• 2 months later...
I did MK 1 (Normal), UMK3 (Very easy), then MK2 (Very easy) and got the three related achievements but not "The Chosen One".

I did MK 1 (Very easy) again, got nothing, then did MK2 (Very easy) again, got nothing, and finally, I did UMK3 (Very easy) again and I got "The Chosen One" achievement.

So it seems that, for most of them, the achievement got unlocked once we beat each game twice.

I have beat mk3 four times, mk2 once, mk1 3 times no chosen one achievement. All on very easy except once on normal.

I will try mk 2 again i guess, but personally i think this is the hardest, kintaro and shao kahn particularly.

Very Frustrating.

Also anyone want to boost online flawless add me.

I have beat mk3 four times, mk2 once, mk1 3 times no chosen one achievement. All on very easy except once on normal.

I will try mk 2 again i guess, but personally i think this is the hardest, kintaro and shao kahn particularly.

Very Frustrating.

Play them all on normal and for MK2 use Kitana and do :dleft::dleft::dleft::xbut: (fan lift) then jump in and uppercut. They will keep walking into your fan lift making it very easy to beat MK2.

EDIT: I will help you boost the online flawless if you want to. Send me a msg and fr.

Very Frustrating.

You have to complete them twice, just did mk2 again and got the ach.

First a beat MK1 and MK2 5 times and got no achievement so I disconnected from XBL to check if it would work and it did. I beat MK1 and MK2 and got the achievements in first try. I got The Chosen One as well.

So all of you who can't get the achi try to disconnect from XBL, beat the game one more time and let us know if it works.

I waited until the title update came out for this, hoping it would fix people's problems. However, I beat MK I, II and III and got each respective achievement but did not get "The Chosen One" for beating all three. I could smash something right now, no way I'm playing through MK II again that was borderline impossible.

I played this today and it had a patch to download. The MK1 achievement popped up the first time I beat it after several failed attempts before the patch.

Edit: Went through and finished mk3 and Arcade Konquerer and the Chosen One popped up first time.

Looks like the patch fixed everything.

Edited by nateeasy

• 1 month later...
Not for me...I had only played local VS before the patch because I had heard about the glitchiness and didn't want to bother. After receiving the title update, I played and beat all 3 games. Got each of the individual achievements, but not "The Chosen One"

Same thing happened to me. Just beat the second one as it was my last one and didn't get the achievement for beating all three. Going to go through the third one to see if it will pop.

• 2 weeks later...

so it looks like for those of us that got the patch, we still need to play each one at least twice before this one pops. great...why do i suddenly feel a massive migraine coming on at the thought of going through mk2 again? fucking kintaro was a bitch

Edit- Feb 23, 2012...i've noticed something, if once each game has been completed, wait for the full credits to run and once the original title screen shows up again, press the back button and select exit game. you will then return to the game select screen with a dialog box saying that your progress is being saved. DO NOT GO BACK TO THE DASHBOARD! if i am correct, as i am still in the process of checking this, then those of us that have the problem of "chosen one" being glitched should be fixed. As soon as i know for certain, i will post an edit with the date...unless of course someone else beats me to it that is. And this is of course just an idea to get it, i could be wrong, but anything at this point is worth a shot as i have played all 3 of them at least fives time in a row start to finish.

Edit - Feb 23 2012 2230 hours US CST - Confirmed. You must use the back button to exit the current game you are on before moving to the next one OR going to the dashboard. Doing this will save your progress and allow you to get the achievement without any problems. If you do not do it this way, then you will end up getting frustrated as all hell, that is of course if you haven't already gotten to that point as i did. I believe this is also the way to get the win 200 matches "elder god" achievement without having to sit there forever and a day playing nonstop offline. The system does not have an autosave function for this so all match requirements will be reset if you do not save it in the same fashion. I apologize if this is shotty explanation, this is in fact the first time i may have found a way around a glitch, but hopefully this will help others from having the same issues alot of us have had already

Edited by S1rJ0hn0fY0rk

• 2 weeks later...

I played MK1 and UMK3 then switched off the xbox. Came back later and finished mk2 and the chosen one didnt pop, though all the others did on cue. Decided fuck it, and rolled through UMK3 and MK1 in the same session without switching off the xbox and the chosen one eventually popped.

Play count:

First session - UMK3 and MK1

Second session - MK2, UMK3 and MK1 *achievement popped*

It happen to me before. When I buy and downloads Mortal Kombat Acarde Kollection, I play MK first on very easy to beat it and the achievement didn't pop up. I play it again by default the game setting (Normal), beat it and achievement popped up. I also beat MK2 and MK3 on my first try by default the setting and got them both achievement.

I think it have something to do with changing your setting of your game. So it will be better to play it on default setting.

• 1 month later...

Just sat through 3 hours playing through this horse shit game and beat all 3 games yet again and still no achievement. So the theory of not changing settings just got shot out of the water. I played each game in sucession, did not change any settings and sat through the credits till the title screen came up. Then backed out to the main menu waited for it to say it was saving the game and then went to the next game. I've beaten each game at least 5 times oh and still no Elder God achievement either. Never playing this piece of crap ever again.

• 4 months later...