Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Dishonored
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #1
SydLosttarot

Calrabjohns's Gamercard
Two Achievements Mentioned

http://www.g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/6...shut-for-good/

It's a Lady Boyle preview, so anyone who either hasn't read about that mission or doesn't know that name at all should avoid reading this. You don't have to leave empty handed though. Here's the quotes:

"Or you can attack a guard, have him turn and fire his pistol at you, then stop time and possess him and make him walk in front of his own bullet. In fact, there's an achievement for doing that."

"With multiple ways to slip in, I possessed a fish (snagging a breathing underwater Achievement in the process) and slipped through a hole in one of the sewer gates."

My recommended names for one of the achievements:

Shot With His Own Gun (that's the title of an Elvis Costello song on the album "Trust")

Thought I could find a quote from The Sword In The Stone (Disney movie, not the inspiration from T.S. White, where there might be something more fitting still). Oh well.

And there ya have it.
SydLosttarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #2
lifetimegamer

MBocking1987's Gamercard
Sounds good. Liking the look of this game so hopefully it has some fun achievements tied to it. Fingers crossed this won't follow Bethesda's usual tradition of being incredibly buggy for the first few months
lifetimegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:16 PM   #3
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimegamer View Post
Sounds good. Liking the look of this game so hopefully it has some fun achievements tied to it. Fingers crossed this won't follow Bethesda's usual tradition of being incredibly buggy for the first few months
I highly doubt that will be the case since Bethesda isn't making this game. They are just the publisher. I'm not sure if I've ever played a game by the developer that is making this one. I forgot their name at the moment. I think someone mentioned they made the Thief series. I've never played those games though.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:45 PM   #4
dang racoons

kiekan007's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodGodAlucard View Post
I highly doubt that will be the case since Bethesda isn't making this game. They are just the publisher. I'm not sure if I've ever played a game by the developer that is making this one. I forgot their name at the moment. I think someone mentioned they made the Thief series. I've never played those games though.
They've only made the two games before this, the first being Arx Fatalis which was an rpg, the second was Dark messiah of might and magic however they partially helped on the development of bioshock 2.

Based on their track record seems interesting how they're managing to create a game that looks this good and, it's one of the three games that I'm actually looking forward to this year.
dang racoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:33 PM   #5
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dang racoons View Post
They've only made the two games before this, the first being Arx Fatalis which was an rpg, the second was Dark messiah of might and magic however they partially helped on the development of bioshock 2.

Based on their track record seems interesting how they're managing to create a game that looks this good and, it's one of the three games that I'm actually looking forward to this year.
Thanks for the information. I've heard of Dark Messiah. I've never played it. I've never heard of Arx Fatalis, and I didn't know they worked on Bioshock 2 at all. Dishonored looks great though. So it seems like they know how to make a cool game. I guess we'll know on release day.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:51 PM   #6
dang racoons

kiekan007's Gamercard
Certainly seems like they took some ideas from bioshock's plasmids. But I have to say from the powers I've seen so far there seems to be a lot of potential for experimentation. My only worry for this game is it's release is close to a lot more well known titles and I worry it will be a great game no one buys.

On the topic of achievements though this game has the potential for one of the most creative lists this year, as well as some good challenging achievements.
dang racoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:42 AM   #7
DMichaels86

DMichaels86's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dang racoons View Post
Certainly seems like they took some ideas from bioshock's plasmids. But I have to say from the powers I've seen so far there seems to be a lot of potential for experimentation. My only worry for this game is it's release is close to a lot more well known titles and I worry it will be a great game no one buys.

On the topic of achievements though this game has the potential for one of the most creative lists this year, as well as some good challenging achievements.
You're worried about others not hearing of this game? How considerate of you lol If it's a good game, word will get around, if people see their friends online and playing, chances are they will look into it

http://youtu.be/9ArNmIMgeVg
DMichaels86 is offline   Reply With Quote