PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > The Walking Dead
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-02-2012, 05:49 PM   #1
Axel 360

axelquatripolar's Gamercard
Retail version?

First, let me say Iīm a big fan of TellTale in general. Never play Jurassic Park or Back to the Future because, well, I donīt give a damn about those. But I really love the three seasons of Sam and Max (letīs hope thereīs a forth one and that they release the whole series in Xbox someday, although I think is unlikely at this point) and the Tells of Monkey Island (which truth to be told is not as good as Sam and Max and as a continuation of Guybrush story is better than 4, but far worse than 1,2 and 3).

Now, Iīm really interested in Walking Dead, but even with such a low price for what you get, I still donīt want to download five episodes that will remain occupying HD space since I do not delete things that I buy online (donīt want to download again if I just want a quick play and the five times download limit is something I fear and hate), so I was just wondering if any of you guys think thereīs a chance than this time TellTale launch a Retail version of the whole season once is over.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:28 PM   #2
Eggnogga

Eggnogga's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Just a guess, but I would say 'no.'

Given their history with Jurassic Park & Back to the Future, neither of those were released as a retail version, so I don't know why they'd do things differently.

By the time all 5 are released the grand total size-wise will only be around 3 gb. I suppose if you're rockin' the old 20gb hdd this might be an issue.
Eggnogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:24 PM   #3
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Who knows, they could go ahead and release a triple-pack for the games they have released. I know that I'd buy it, even though I have Back to the Future on the PS3 (was for free via PSN Plus).

I am actually quite surprised at how well received the games are, so why not make it available on disc?

iBuzz7S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:58 AM   #4
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggnogga View Post
Just a guess, but I would say 'no.'

Given their history with Jurassic Park & Back to the Future, neither of those were released as a retail version, so I don't know why they'd do things differently.

By the time all 5 are released the grand total size-wise will only be around 3 gb. I suppose if you're rockin' the old 20gb hdd this might be an issue.

What the hell are you talking about?

Amazon.com: Back to the Future- The Game: Video Games Amazon.com: Back to the Future- The Game: Video Games

Amazon.com: Jurassic Park - The Game: Video Games Amazon.com: Jurassic Park - The Game: Video Games

So yes, especially given the popularity of this franchise right now there most certainly is a chance and a damn good one too. Id also say I absolutley cant wait to get the physical copy
Old 05-03-2012, 12:18 PM   #5
Eggnogga

Eggnogga's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I was unaware, apologies. No need to get snippy.
Eggnogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:44 PM   #6
Axel 360

I really hope that retail version comes at some point. Iīm assuming weīll have to wait and see what they have to say once the digital distribution is over for all chapters. Iīm guessing a Steam digital version of the whole season is garantee, but I want to play on the box.

DOes any one of you know in which date all of the episodes will be available? May be around that date we can finally hear them confirm or deny the possibility of a physical version.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:43 PM   #7
Axel 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielH View Post
from what i heard Jurassic Park-Sucks. the Back To The Future game Series-Great Game, Recommend.

[COLOR=black]what is the Total Points for The Walking Dead Game Series and GBs, and i it worth spend those points. i played the demo, so far so good.
Is not that Jurassic Park sucks, but rather then itīs gameplay mechanics are similar to the CD-I and Mega-CD interactive movies. The game is build entirelly on Quick Time Events, and while in the late 90s those kind of game did have their public, today most of the player consider those game utterly empty and worthless, which I agree. That was the mayor dissapoint in the game for most people and why did get so much bad reviews.

Back to The Future for what Iīve seen seems like their regular formula similar to Tales of Monkey Island and the first two seasons of Sam and Max (since the third one is complete different and in my opinion the best TellTale game so far), but the puzzles seems more logical and thus more easy to solve, and the story Iīve read is good but not oscar winning. And obviously the worst fail of the game, no Michael J.Fox, which kind of destroy my fan appeal to the game. Iīll play it eventually since Iīm an adventure-whore, but the game does not seem so appealing to me as their previous grapich adventures.

Iīm exited about Walking Dead, but again, if thereīs a chance to get the whole series on retail for Xbox, I will prefer that then via Live. Still pissed off about Sam and Max since the whole series canīt be play on the box and not on retail, I will pay anything for a pyshic special edition of the whole series for my console, even when I already own the series for PC.

Really like Telltale game, their publishing ways suck hard, but their games are trully enjoyable for me since their are the only ones trying to put on the map again that awesome genre that is grapich adventure.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:12 AM   #8
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel 360 View Post
First, let me say Iīm a big fan of TellTale in general. Never play Jurassic Park or Back to the Future because, well, I donīt give a damn about those. But I really love the three seasons of Sam and Max (letīs hope thereīs a forth one and that they release the whole series in Xbox someday, although I think is unlikely at this point) and the Tells of Monkey Island (which truth to be told is not as good as Sam and Max and as a continuation of Guybrush story is better than 4, but far worse than 1,2 and 3).

Now, Iīm really interested in Walking Dead, but even with such a low price for what you get, I still donīt want to download five episodes that will remain occupying HD space since I do not delete things that I buy online (donīt want to download again if I just want a quick play and the five times download limit is something I fear and hate), so I was just wondering if any of you guys think thereīs a chance than this time TellTale launch a Retail version of the whole season once is over.
There is no such thing as a "five time download limit" on the XBOX360. Whoever told you that is wrong. I've downloaded, deleted and redownloaded my XBLA games dozens of times. Where did you get that horrible misinformation from anyway?
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #9
Axel 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
There is no such thing as a "five time download limit" on the XBOX360. Whoever told you that is wrong. I've downloaded, deleted and redownloaded my XBLA games dozens of times. Where did you get that horrible misinformation from anyway?
It was something a friend who own an XBOX 360 previous to me. I was just with him a moment ago, and gonna put my fist trough his ass the next time I see him XDXDXDXD

You just dissemble one of my biggest complains about Live, and turns out it was a lie. I feel really dumb right now.

Anyhow, I still prefer to download and keep the game in my HD rather then play and delete. Iīm too old in my mind and still need some kind of "owning" feeling that does not match well with digital distribution. Things like Braid or Harms Way are still on my HD even when I know thereīs almost no chance I ever want to play them again.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:43 PM   #10
DanielH

CraziestDemonic's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel 360 View Post
Still pissed off about Sam and Max since the whole series canīt be play on the box and not on retail

i agree with you, i want to see Sam and Max on XBLA.

i got Back To The Future-5 episodes.
i got the Sam and Max Seasons 1, 2 and 3-big fan, to me, i like both those games.
don't like puzzle games, but curious i was for Back To The Future. knew what Sam and Max was since they appeared until now.

as for the walking dead, did play the demo, willing to get all episodes.

Last edited by DanielH; 05-06-2012 at 10:59 PM.
DanielH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:44 AM   #11
BluWolve

BluWolve's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Platinum   Submit - Silver   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Just finished issue #98 and in the letter hacks section this is what I read;

Quote:
1) I know telltale is releasing a game by episodes but after all the episodes will there be a complete game for people without online?

Yep.

Can we reveal that? I guess so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astinus, Chronicler of the History of Krynn
History should note, however, that the Light would have been doomed to failure if not for one man who chose to walk in Darkness
BluWolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:46 AM   #12
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluWolve View Post
Just finished issue #98 and in the letter hacks section this is what I read;
thats what im talking about!
Old 05-31-2012, 08:54 AM   #13
BluWolve

BluWolve's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Platinum   Submit - Silver   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dz06lt View Post
thats what im talking about!
To be truthful it does not surprise me. They bring out the comics as volumes/collections after each volume is done, so why not the game?

Does it seem strange that I want to download all the episodes AND get the physical copy? I always prefer to have a physical copy over a Download, but I love TWD and do not want to wait for the physical copy to come out to play each episode.

I suppose I do not really care if it makes me strange, I want to support both Telltale games and TWD so as far as I am concerned they can take my money twice.

Hey I just thought of something. Although I think it may be unlikely, wouldn't it be awesome if they brought out a collectors edition version? I may have to write to them and ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astinus, Chronicler of the History of Krynn
History should note, however, that the Light would have been doomed to failure if not for one man who chose to walk in Darkness
BluWolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:53 AM   #14
Annihil88torr

Annihil88tor's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
They should release the retail version with all the episodes on it.

instagram: andrewcool8
Annihil88torr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:10 AM   #15
jazon168

outerhaven168's Gamercard
there is a listing for november in gamestop for a retail disc with 5 episodes
jazon168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:16 AM   #16
Jamski

Send a message via MSN to Jamski Send a message via Skype™ to Jamski

jamski07's Gamercard
Would seem about right. A month after the last episode is available for download.

Daddy, husband, designer, gamer, geek

Jamski is offline   Reply With Quote