PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Risen 2: Dark Waters
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-17-2012, 06:45 AM   #1
ChemicalxRachel

Send a message via AIM to ChemicalxRachel Send a message via MSN to ChemicalxRachel

ChemicalxRachel's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Worth a buy?

I've been pondering if I should buy this game. It looks really good, I love RPG's and I absolutely love pirates. I've looked at the gameplay and all that, and just can't make up my mind.

So I decided to ask everyone what they think. Is it worth the $60 price tag? Any opinions on the game? I didn't play the first one at all, but this one looks really, really interesting.

Thoughts?

Completed:
(8) Retail. (7) Arcade.

"If we were created in Godís image
then when God was a child
he smushed fire ants with his fingertips
and avoided tough questions."
~ Buddy Wakefield~
ChemicalxRachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:42 AM   #2
kinjoking
Banned User

kinjothetaken's Gamercard
the game is worth playing, so long as you dont mind glitches, difficult map system and vague achievments. its still an improvement on the first one. dont buy brand new tho, get preowned version, or a version that comes with the dlc, as paying 800msp for each dlc isnt worth it, since the dlc is so short.
kinjoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:22 AM   #3
ChemicalxRachel

Send a message via AIM to ChemicalxRachel Send a message via MSN to ChemicalxRachel

ChemicalxRachel's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
I decided to pick it up since I had plenty of credit at my gamestop. I got it new, with the DLC. And, I agree, buying the dlc separately probably wouldn't have been worth it, since those "dlc's" were only a few KB in size. Meaning, it was most likely an on-disc unlock. Laaame.

And the map system is pretty difficult. Its hard to tell where exactly it wants me to go, but, exploring is fun, so I don't mind it too much.

I love achievements, but I usually don't sweat over 100%ing games. I like to just have fun with the game that I bought. I know this is an achievement site, and I do love achievements. Plus, this site has the best achievement guides in my opinion, as I usually do try to clean up some achievements when I can.

Completed:
(8) Retail. (7) Arcade.

"If we were created in Godís image
then when God was a child
he smushed fire ants with his fingertips
and avoided tough questions."
~ Buddy Wakefield~
ChemicalxRachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:26 PM   #4
IC3 L3G3ND

DoTP Tamiyo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalxRachel View Post
I decided to pick it up since I had plenty of credit at my gamestop. I got it new, with the DLC. And, I agree, buying the dlc separately probably wouldn't have been worth it, since those "dlc's" were only a few KB in size. Meaning, it was most likely an on-disc unlock. Laaame.

And the map system is pretty difficult. Its hard to tell where exactly it wants me to go, but, exploring is fun, so I don't mind it too much.

I love achievements, but I usually don't sweat over 100%ing games. I like to just have fun with the game that I bought. I know this is an achievement site, and I do love achievements. Plus, this site has the best achievement guides in my opinion, as I usually do try to clean up some achievements when I can.
You do realize that disc locked content is better than not having it until later down the line, it makes it faster for you to download, developers can work on new projects and it doesn't clutter your HDD.
IC3 L3G3ND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:13 AM   #5
Darth Cuda

Darth Cuda's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC3 L3G3ND View Post
You do realize that disc locked content is better than not having it until later down the line, it makes it faster for you to download, developers can work on new projects and it doesn't clutter your HDD.
Are you serious?? Disc locked content is like selling someone a car and charging extra for the seats. It should be included. Disk locked dlc is nothing more than a way for companies to gouge you for even more money.