PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Strategy > Age of Booty
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-01-2011, 10:10 PM   #1
AccidentReport

AccidentReport's Gamercard
RAGE of booty!

This game is absolute nonsense and stupidly difficult. Not only do you end up out numbered half the time but your "AI" parter (I use that term loosely as there's nothing intelligent about it) does whatever they want. If you could control you other ship then maybe it wouldn't be so bad but it just keeps running off and hiding. I've played the 7th level of medium about five times now and all I can do is hold the game to a stalemate. I've tried goin on a serious affensive but just end up having to go defensive in the end just to hold one town. At first I thought this game was a bit of good fun and I do enjoy a challenge but now it's just gone totally fucking stupid!
50,000 GS - 26/10/2009
75,000 GS - 14/03/2011
100,000 GS - 02/06/2012
150,000 GS - 16/06/2014
AccidentReport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:40 PM   #2
Freehand Japan

DavidBowie 1986's Gamercard
Yeah, the AI partners you get ruin this game in a big way. They never do anything useful, waste upgrades and die constantly so you lose even more resources. The game is fun but it would be ten times better if the AI wasn't so annoying and terrible.
Freehand Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:02 AM   #3
Hawkeye1691

hawkeye1691's Gamercard
lol Rage of Booty.

I know what you mean though, I'm on the last level on easy, and already the "A.I." is pissing me off. It does whatever it pleases basically... Wish it had two player local co-op as an option instead.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:38 PM   #4
DaedHead88

Send a message via AIM to DaedHead88

DaedHead8's Gamercard
Just wait until you get to the last level on hard. It's fucking bullshit. You're outnumbered, all the other AI ships have tons of upgrades and the AI often wins within 5 minutes, no matter what you do. I just wasted 2 hours of my life trying to beat it and all I can do is hope that the next time I get lucky. Fuck this game and all other games where the developer felt the need to put a difficulty wall as a final level. It's a huge slap to the face of anyone who bought the game and played that far.

DaedHead88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:10 AM   #5
Corrupt.
Guide Team Lead/Moderator

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Total Awards: 48 (more» ...)
Big lot of bullshit, I've almost given up on this game...
Corrupt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:27 AM   #6
BluWolve

BluWolve's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Platinum   Submit - Silver   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
It is not that hard...

My tips instead of doing what you think is a good strategy;
  • Follow you AI ship. Since you can't make them go where you want you sort of have to be a follower (which is bullshit). So if AI goes for a city, go for the same one.
  • Hog the upgrades and power up boxes.
  • Always power up cannons first, then upgrade health and speed at the same time 1 to health then 1 to speed etc.
  • Make good use of your captured towns to replenish your health.
  • Know when to count a town as lost.
  • Upgrade one town at a time, because if the town gets captured then you lose the upgrade. It is better to have one town fully upgraded rather than 3 towns with one upgrade each.
I Passed the Last mission on Hard in one go, I shit you not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astinus, Chronicler of the History of Krynn
History should note, however, that the Light would have been doomed to failure if not for one man who chose to walk in Darkness

Last edited by BluWolve; 08-19-2011 at 03:40 AM.
BluWolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:18 AM   #7
LUCKYMEWHEEEE

Send a message via AIM to LUCKYMEWHEEEE

lucky me wheeee's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluWolve View Post
It is not that hard...

My tips instead of doing what you think is a good strategy;
  • Follow you AI ship. Since you can't make them go where you want you sort of have to be a follower (which is bullshit). So if AI goes for a city, go for the same one.
  • Hog the upgrades and power up boxes.
  • Always power up cannons first, then upgrade health and speed at the same time 1 to health then 1 to speed etc.
  • Make good use of your captured towns to replenish your health.
  • Know when to count a town as lost.
  • Upgrade one town at a time, because if the town gets captured then you lose the upgrade. It is better to have one town fully upgraded rather than 3 towns with one upgrade each.
I Passed the Last mission on Hard in one go, I shit you not
thank for the tips
LUCKYMEWHEEEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #8
Moonsilk

moonsilk's Gamercard
Red face

I just bought this game and started playing it a few days ago. I thought it was great fun but ya, the AI thing is really frustrating me. I wish it had a co-op play or let you control both ships! But thank you for the tips, I will see if it helps me.

Moonsilk
Moonsilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:16 PM   #9
Optomistic

timutimu's Gamercard
I was lucky I guess.
First time I played medium #7, I passed it with ease. and with 9 mins left on the clock.

I have to say I was lucky because the other Pirates were too busy fighting each other and My AI partner went around conquering towns while I just took my time collecting supplies to upgrade my southern town....and I only upgraded it once.

Limbo, Catan, Yu Gi Oh!, Hexic, Sonic adventure, SSF2HDR
Optomistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #10
Corrupt.
Guide Team Lead/Moderator

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Total Awards: 48 (more» ...)
It would be useful if anybody who had the harder ones nailed could capture footage and YouTube it as there is hardly any footage on there.
Corrupt. is offline   Reply With Quote