Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Bulletstorm
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-18-2011, 10:11 AM   #1
QuiCkz AleX

QuiCkz AleX's Gamercard
Cool Cheat: Infinite Skill Points

Note: This is very time consuming as it only allows you to get 500 points for every 1-2 minutes of play. You can probably get more points by killing the enemies normally, but this trick is available if you want to stock up on ammo, or fully upgrade one or two of your weapons.
Shortly after you and Trishka seperate from Ishi on your way to meet the General, you will come to an area where you will find a newsbot, a dropkit and a metal sliding door that you have to open. The door leads out to a street with a bus that you need to leash into a gap to cross. Continue fighting until you get to a point where the Mechaton's tail smashes a barrier allowing you to continue by hopping over a cement barrier. Walk up to that barrier, but do not hop over as you will not be able to get back. When Trishka is standing next to you by the barrier, you then run back to the dropkit in the room and the newsbot should have respawned. As you are running back to the room you will see the game pause for a split second with the loading symbol (rotating circle of dots) in the bottom right corner of the screen just before you cross over the bus. If you dont see this, go back to the barrier and let Trishka catch up to you. If done successfully, the newsbot will respawn indefinitely, giving you unlimited Skill Points at 500 points a kill. All you have to do after killing the respawned newsbot is to return to the cement barrier and allow Trishka to catch up to you, she has to come to a stop next to you or the bot wont respawn.
QuiCkz AleX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:31 AM   #2
timmeh9

thirtysmooth's Gamercard
Nice find, but I think it'd be more fun to kill enemies for SP rather than using this method. It sounds a bit monotonous to me. I'm not having a go, just putting in my 2 cents.

timmeh9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:03 AM   #3
Asturgis
Gundam Meister

Asturgis's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Platinum   Donator - Level 5   1,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
If it works, it IS a very good tip because it will allow you without wasting any ammo to stock up on SP to buy charged shots for the shotgun and breeze through the end on Hard Mode.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:01 AM   #4
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Yeah if this does work, I am going to do it for my hard play through. Thanks for the find.

EDIT: I did this trick on my very hard playthorugh and it was a huge help. Thanks for the tip.

Last edited by HalfEVILmonkey; 05-05-2011 at 12:07 AM.
HalfEVILmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:40 AM   #5
SpinelesS

Mr SpinelesS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks, I needed something like this (I die alot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiCkz AleX View Post
All you have to do after killing the respawned newsbot is to return to the cement barrier and allow Trishka to catch up to you, she has to come to a stop next to you or the bot wont respawn.

Triska was right behind me when I started doing this, and waiting for her wasn't long enough to respawn to bot (she also got stuck on the bus after the 1st bot respawn) I found that if I simply waited for around 10 - 15 seconds after reaching the barrier the bot respawned.

Last edited by SpinelesS; 09-04-2012 at 02:13 AM.
SpinelesS is offline   Reply With Quote