PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-12-2012, 09:29 PM   #1
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Mystery deaths?

I just returned to Whiterun having completed "A Night to Remember", and what do I see right outside of my house? Severio Pelagia and a Whiterun guard lying dead. Much to my surprise I also received a couple letters of inheritance from Carlotta Valentia. It seems a couple NPCs in Whiterun decided to have at each other while I was away. Has this happened to anyone else? Will this affect anything in the game?

Edit: Just walked across the ash pile of Adrianne Avenicci. The blacksmith? What the hell?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time

Last edited by Direkin; 07-12-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:33 PM   #2
xKRAIZEEMANx

xKRAIZEEMANx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
There is a virtual world going on inside Skyrim. When doing the Dawnguard DLC (Dawnguard side) I would arrive in towns/cities, only to find a pile of Vampire bodies at the front gates.
"Most" people whom are an integral part of the story/questline, cannot be killed...instead they just kneel and regenerate their health. (Not 100% positive this is across the board with "not upsetting" any questline).

Last edited by xKRAIZEEMANx; 07-12-2012 at 09:54 PM.
xKRAIZEEMANx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:38 PM   #3
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
That is definately not true, quest NPCs can be killed rendering some quests unobtainable or uncompletable. Your best bet is to go to use this wiki http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:People

Check the named person for any quest involvment or info on how/why your NPC is dead and what impacts that might have.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:02 PM   #4
xKRAIZEEMANx

xKRAIZEEMANx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Yeah, I wasn't 100% sure on that fact. I just know that during my rampage as a werewolf, there were quite a few people that were "un-killable".
I know that I was never able to get the house in Windhelm because of the stupid "Blood on the Ice" quest.

xKRAIZEEMANx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:20 PM   #5
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I had the Elf guy in Riverwood ( the bow & arrow trainer, can't recall his name ) die randomly, first I heard of it was when a courier delivered an inheiritance letter. It's kinda annoying, but these random events are one of the things I love about Skyrim. But then I've not had any broken quests, so far anyway.
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:44 PM   #6
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I remember in my first game, I was walking up to the inn and heard a groan and then a thud. It was the blacksmith guy. I got the same inheritance note too. I didn't know they'd die like that. But I have seen people in the game that you can deal with, get killed by dragons.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 09-05-2012 at 04:46 AM.
ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:30 PM   #7
oooo yeah

oooo yeah's Gamercard
Normally when someone like that dies you receive an inheritance letter almost immediately. So if you want them to survive you don't have to go back too far in your saves list.
oooo yeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:02 PM   #8
IMPOSSIBLE DAN

DanielHimself's Gamercard
Riverwood for me is full of bodies, the blacksmith and roughly 4 others are lying on the street, 2 of them because of dragon attacks and the other 3? I don't have a fucking clue.

Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/ImDanielHimself
IMPOSSIBLE DAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:27 AM   #9
WholeWorldBlind

WholeWorldBlind's Gamercard
Yeah...Dawngaurd really makes it much more likely that you'll come to town and find a bunch of people died while you were gone.
WholeWorldBlind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:41 AM   #10
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
This is why I have not bought Dawnguard and probably won't unless they change this in a patch. Why should random game characters be killed without my knowing? Not cool Bethesda.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:04 PM   #11
Chaz Of Sparta

Chaz Of Sparta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
This is why I have not bought Dawnguard and probably won't unless they change this in a patch. Why should random game characters be killed without my knowing? Not cool Bethesda.
Same here, I don't want all the cities to turn into ghost towns. I've already lost the blacksmith in Falkreath due to a dragon attack and I don't want to go to some random city and find a load of dead bodies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
Big advantage of a console? Don't have to play with "PC master race" idiots.

Chaz Of Sparta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:02 PM   #12
bigbear2face

bigbear XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direkin View Post
I just returned to Whiterun having completed "A Night to Remember", and what do I see right outside of my house? Severio Pelagia and a Whiterun guard lying dead. Much to my surprise I also received a couple letters of inheritance from Carlotta Valentia. It seems a couple NPCs in Whiterun decided to have at each other while I was away. Has this happened to anyone else? Will this affect anything in the game?

Edit: Just walked across the ash pile of Adrianne Avenicci. The blacksmith? What the hell?!

Adrianne?!?!?! That sucks. She is one of my main sources for blacksmithing materials (Whiterun is the best place to shop for ingots/ore because you have three different blacksmiths to buy from).

I had the Fletcher from Solitude randomly die. Cheap bastard only left me a 100 gold inheritance and that damn Solitude Jarl took a 10% tax on it! The next time he went to Solitude his body was randomly laying on the street so I Fus-Ro-Dah'd it!

Alea Iacta Est
MAL

Awesome pic provided by Dirty130, Tom, Jack Frost and Pender
Thanks to Dante for the avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Kasai View Post
Simply because most people are idiots and don't think.
bigbear2face is online now   Reply With Quote