PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > The Walking Dead
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #61
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Playing Episode 2 right now and holy shit the acting and dialogue is so atrocious. Ugh, I can't stand it. The game would be really good with better writing. I'd also like smoother transitions. Everything in the game feels laggy.

ALSO, the decisions so far in Episode 2 are so lame. "You have 4 food items but 10 hungry people to feed". It's so obvious when you speak to people and they tell you how to make certain people happy and how things will effect the rest of the game. Why can't we take the 2 packages of crackers and cheese and make 8 crackers. Why can't we break pieces of the apple off or make a family share it? Why can't we break apart the jerky?

This game is extremely overrated, but I still somewhat enjoy it.

I like bitching threads.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:36 AM   #62
ankle_spawn

Katarr0's Gamercard
one question before i buy it: is it true to the original tv series? i havent seen the show yet, so i dont want to play a game that spoils it

ankle_spawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:07 AM   #63
CHIRUNO99

chiruno99's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This is probably my favourite game of this year. It keeps me captivated and I tend not to leave the console for even a minute until I reach the end. It's a brilliant story and I can't wait for the rest of the episodes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankle_spawn View Post
one question before i buy it: is it true to the original tv series? i havent seen the show yet, so i dont want to play a game that spoils it
From what a friend told me, it sort of follows the TV show, but it only loosely uses the universe, you can still play the game and get into the story without knowing a lot about The Walking Dead universe. I still plan on watching the TV show for any similarities, and because it's awesome.

Damn I'm so depressed.
CHIRUNO99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:51 AM   #64
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIRUNO99 View Post
This is probably my favourite game of this year. It keeps me captivated and I tend not to leave the console for even a minute until I reach the end. It's a brilliant story and I can't wait for the rest of the episodes.

From what a friend told me, it sort of follows the TV show, but it only loosely uses the universe, you can still play the game and get into the story without knowing a lot about The Walking Dead universe. I still plan on watching the TV show for any similarities, and because it's awesome.
Is it bad that i never really had an interest in this show until i played the game? o.o

I hope AMC starts showing reruns so i can catch up.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:27 AM   #65
xKRAIZEEMANx

xKRAIZEEMANx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Finished Episode 1 last night, and I am getting ready to start on 2 this evening (morning). I already have the MSP sitting in reserve for the other 3 chapters.

I am a huge fan of the Comics, the show...and this game!!!

xKRAIZEEMANx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:20 AM   #66
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I just episode 3 isn't on another farm >.>, maybe like a city type setting.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:47 AM   #67
Kno Logik

I love the game by far the best game I've played from the XBLA and you can't beat the price.
Kno Logik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:07 AM   #68
Tiddy110703

TIDDY110703's Gamercard
Does anyone know if they will be releasing all 5 parts as one? i.e. one Download at reduced price or on a disk?
Tiddy110703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:13 AM   #69
CHIRUNO99

chiruno99's Gamercard

From what I've heard, a retail disc with all 5 might be coming soon. Of course on Steam you can buy all 5, including pre-purchasing the ones which aren't out yet.

Damn I'm so depressed.
CHIRUNO99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:18 AM   #70
Jamski

Send a message via MSN to Jamski Send a message via Skype™ to Jamski

jamski07's Gamercard
In time for Christmas I rekon.

Daddy, husband, designer, gamer, geek

Jamski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:13 PM   #71
ModernSith2010

demontweak08's Gamercard
Just completed episode3 and already cannot wait for episode 4. Is there an ETA date, as the thing I don't really understand is how it is taking so long to be released as at the end there is a decent preview and judging by some of the delays in it, it is calculating some of you decisions so they must have quite a bit done surly.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:33 AM   #72
MabusScarab

Mabus Incarnate's Gamercard
I played the first episode in two separate plays, and I got totally sucked into the second episode and I finished it in one sitting. I didn't even realize episode three was out, I thought it was coming out Friday, so i'm downloading it as I type this.

I've been very happy with the game so far, even though I didn't care for Jurassic Park much which is a similar style of game, something about Walking Dead just draws me in.
MabusScarab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:15 AM   #73
sicklyplague

SicklyPlague's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
It is great at graphics, decision making making you feel for the characters, its not so good at action, maybe im just not used to point and clicks but you would think that besides mashing a button or finding things or the occasional "fight" scene it would be a bit more lively as far as player controlled action.

Then again this is from someone who has not played any point and clicks. Im enjoying the game though. Makes me want to find some time and watch the episodes on netflix.

Thanks to MabusScarab for the Sig!
sicklyplague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:31 AM   #74
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Club's Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Emerald   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - THE DEADLY DOG
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicklyplague View Post
It is great at graphics, decision making making you feel for the characters, its not so good at action, maybe im just not used to point and clicks but you would think that besides mashing a button or finding things or the occasional "fight" scene it would be a bit more lively as far as player controlled action.

Then again this is from someone who has not played any point and clicks. Im enjoying the game though. Makes me want to find some time and watch the episodes on netflix.
I instantly had to watch Season 1 after beating the first episode. =p
Old 10-06-2012, 04:56 AM   #75
Zombiedrd

Zombiedrd's Gamercard

I am pleasantly surprised with this game. I did not have high hopes for it, but it keeps the same darkness and hopelessness the comic has. Plenty of death and no Hollywood crap
200,000-?

Last edited by Zombiedrd; 10-06-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Zombiedrd is offline   Reply With Quote