PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2012, 12:16 PM   #1
MrBeeevaN
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 5

Mr BeeevaN's Gamercard
Fastest Skunker Medal Boosting Method

I made a video on how to boost the skunker medal, this is the quickest way I know of, (it will still take a VERY long time, but this should help make the grind a bit quicker).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3Jq8RyReWg
MrBeeevaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:51 PM   #2
Neophoenix78
 
Neophoenix78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 59

Neophoenix78's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeeevaN View Post
I made a video on how to boost the skunker medal, this is the quickest way I know of, (it will still take a VERY long time, but this should help make the grind a bit quicker).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3Jq8RyReWg
Also this helps people with the last man out medal. As you can see from the video that is what I was doing on the winning team.

Last edited by Neophoenix78; 04-24-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Neophoenix78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:36 PM   #3
MrBeeevaN
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 5

Mr BeeevaN's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neophoenix78 View Post
Also this helps people with the last man out medal. As you can see from the video that is what I was doing on the winning team.
Yes indeed! Killing us all every round, lmao

Last edited by MrBeeevaN; 04-24-2012 at 03:57 PM.
MrBeeevaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:49 PM   #4
jeffy x360a
 
jeffy x360a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: OH
Posts: 888

jeffy x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
i understand this may be quick but, the way me and my friend did it was like this.

before i start i know not everyone has multiple xboxs.

we used 4 xboxs, he used 2 and i used 2 and we used his family gold to login on the extra. we played wingman with 8 and put me and him on the same team. now i know we did this with just us but in the end we played all 3000 wingman games and we both ended up with nearly 2000 skunkers over what we needed. this was also due to how we boosted CTL with 5 boxes we gained skunker there also. we would just run out in wingman and kill each team quickly. if i was away he would do all kills and if he was away i would do all kills. during this we finished the sawed off kills, gnasher kills, curb stomps, retro lancer kills and i even started in on hammerburst. i also know to use 4 people with 2 remotes each could work but you would need to schedule times for people to do the boosting. either way you will get a lot of wingmans and skunkers done.

i understand this warzone method is good but you can get last man outs quickly during your warzone and execution matches idle boosting. my last onyx regretfully was last man out and i did 800 last man outs in 2 days using warzone 15 rounds 3 minutes per round with insane bots and boomshots.

this is just a layout of how we did it and we averaged around 150-200 wingmans a day. again i know not everyone has the luxury of multiple xboxs. i am lucky to have a good friend with 3 boxes plus my 2 so we grinded this out pretty easily. anything you do in gears 3 is a grind.

good luck to all who go for seriously. i honestly wouldnt do it if i had a chance to do it all over.
__________________
nothing to see here...!! move along...!!
finally got a surface 2 and I'm loving it!!!
R.I.P Grandma 10/15/08 <3 you are missed!
jeffy x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:39 PM   #5
yakuzzaa
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: GERMANY - Cologne
Posts: 414

II yakuzZaa II's Gamercard
got a question - my plans for skunker :

2 boxes - king of the hill 60 captures points !
me with 4 insane bots vs. 3 dummys and 2 insane bots.
is that a gurantee skunker ?
__________________
yakuzzaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:08 PM   #6
MrBeeevaN
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 5

Mr BeeevaN's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakuzzaa View Post
got a question - my plans for skunker :

2 boxes - king of the hill 60 captures points !
me with 4 insane bots vs. 3 dummys and 2 insane bots.
is that a gurantee skunker ?
The 4 bots should win vs the 2 bots 90% of the time, and that seems like a fairly efficient way of idle boosting it and getting KoTH games up.
MrBeeevaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:22 PM   #7
stevm54399
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11

ObedientFoot4's Gamercard
I found another way online by this guy named Meatwad3000
4 players need a guest signed in, put the 4 players who want the skunker on one team put the guests on another. Have the 5 player be on the team with the guest controllers and an insane bot on the team with the people who want skunker.
Do a 2 round king of the hill game set ring cap score to 60. let it sit out you can easily get 100+ skunkers in an 8 hour period of idling.
I'm willing to try this with anyone by the way, also nice video..lol

also here's the site I found it http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/991468-/62468228

stevm54399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:48 PM   #8
yakuzzaa
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: GERMANY - Cologne
Posts: 414

II yakuzZaa II's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeeevaN View Post
The 4 bots should win vs the 2 bots 90% of the time, and that seems like a fairly efficient way of idle boosting it and getting KoTH games up.

jep - and the other good part is , u dont need another person for the skunker.
i tried 2 get get my wingman games up with 2 or 3 people and everything ended up in a disaster ......sooner or later !
1 guy got inet disconnect the other one played another game meanwhile ?! etc.
__________________
yakuzzaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #9
murph3286
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3
IM going to be boosting this one for awhile. If anyone wants to get in, I am going to be hopefully idle boosting this one with some other people also if any of you want in? My Gamertag is Murph3286 just send me a message saying double. IM thinking if I boost for an hour then someone else can boost and so on.
murph3286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:49 AM   #10
Destro
 
Destro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Québec
Posts: 2,942

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I just read portion of this post and it shows how stupid that medal was... people mentioning guest, multiple xbox, purposely getting deaths on our profile...(when your a real competitive gamer, it something you want to avoid)

Damn this feel so stupid...

Here is what i did... i played.... lol I got around 1800 skunker by just playing... thanksfully im pretty good at gow and lot of time people in player matches are pretty bad....TDM helped a lot cause its only 2 rounds unlike execution where skunkers didn't happen that often(they always found a way to win one round)

For the rest, it was when i boosted mulcher kills, cause i knew there was no way getting 6000 of those online. I did small games of 2 rounds, gave a lot of skunker...

FYI : I have one xbox only... no way i would buy a second xbox just to do achievements...
__________________


Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:42 AM   #11
The Duke of Darkness
 
The Duke of Darkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Leeds, UK
Posts: 1,839

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro View Post
I just read portion of this post and it shows how stupid that medal was... people mentioning guest, multiple xbox, purposely getting deaths on our profile...(when your a real competitive gamer, it something you want to avoid)

Damn this feel so stupid...

Here is what i did... i played.... lol I got around 1800 skunker by just playing... thanksfully im pretty good at gow and lot of time people in player matches are pretty bad....TDM helped a lot cause its only 2 rounds unlike execution where skunkers didn't happen that often(they always found a way to win one round)

For the rest, it was when i boosted mulcher kills, cause i knew there was no way getting 6000 of those online. I did small games of 2 rounds, gave a lot of skunker...

FYI : I have one xbox only... no way i would buy a second xbox just to do achievements...
You do realise that killing yourself in a private match doesn't matter regardless of if your a competitive gamer. Private match stats are separate to quick and ranked.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:01 AM.