PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield 3 > Armored Kill
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #1
Stickman400

Below Radar

Is this spec. still active or wtf? I can be flying right next to the ground and will still get locked on to with a missle. Do you have to run stealth for that to come into effect or is it a bug?

Also this doesn't really pertain to the thread but why does the ECM on the jet only spoof the missiles until it's gone, and then you still get hit by the missiles? That is stupid. I pop my ECM cloud and still get hit by the missiles after the ECM is done. If I don't want to get hit by them I have to fly right next to the ground so the missile hits the ground instead of circling me. Am I better off running flares or what?

Stickman400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:10 PM   #2
BBDrew84

BBDrew's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman400 View Post
Is this spec. still active or wtf? I can be flying right next to the ground and will still get locked on to with a missle. Do you have to run stealth for that to come into effect or is it a bug?
Stingers and Igla's will lock on to an aircraft regardless if they have Below Radar active, it is not a bug but how DICE intended it to work with the latest patch. I saw a youtube video that said the range of AA missiles are around 400m. Stealth may be a more viable option in the first slot now, especially if both gunner and pilot are using it.

I have noticed there seems to be a bug with ECM on Jets, it takes forever to reload and will sometime not even reload if I die and spawn into a jet after using ECM, so I switched back to IR Flares in the Jet.

Last edited by BBDrew84; 09-14-2012 at 05:12 PM.
BBDrew84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:18 AM   #3
WOLFkraut

WOLFkraut's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman400 View Post

Also this doesn't really pertain to the thread but why does the ECM on the jet only spoof the missiles until it's gone, and then you still get hit by the missiles? That is stupid. I pop my ECM cloud and still get hit by the missiles after the ECM is done. If I don't want to get hit by them I have to fly right next to the ground so the missile hits the ground instead of circling me. Am I better off running flares or what?
This seems like it should be in the general BF3, instead of the Armored Kill forum.

Anyway, Below Radar doesn't work against Stingers again, it seems DICE broke yet another thing with the latest patch.

Also, don't bother with the ECM Jammer on jets, it was messed up several patches ago, it does have some useful features, like taking you off Air Radar, but overall Flares are better. Even on choppers it doesn't always work properly (though, I still prefer it on them) or at least not like it did at launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBDrew84 View Post
Stingers and Igla's will lock on to an aircraft regardless if they have Below Radar active, it is not a bug but how DICE intended it to work with the latest patch. I saw a youtube video that said the range of AA missiles are around 400m. Stealth may be a more viable option in the first slot now, especially if both gunner and pilot are using it.

I have noticed there seems to be a bug with ECM on Jets, it takes forever to reload and will sometime not even reload if I die and spawn into a jet after using ECM, so I switched back to IR Flares in the Jet.
Are you sure? I read that patch notes several times and it never said that they were removing the ability from Air Radar, just lowering the altitude at which it activated. Also, specs don't stack remember? :-P

Oh, and the ECM in the A-10 is glitched and actually delpoys flares now instead of chaff, lol.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:44 AM   #4
I3east Lig3r

Violet Eagle7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter
People complain about Below Radar not working, but it is indeed working as intended. It's supposed to prevent Air to Air lock on not SAMs.

ECM hasn't ever worked correctly, it just delays your inevitable death.

Credit to Dragonpwnr99 for the awesome sig & picture!
Quote:
Valor grows by daring, fear by holding back.
~Publilius Syrus
I3east Lig3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:07 AM   #5
Phoxhunter

I'm not sure of how it works as well. I unlocked it for the jets however i'm still being locked on by other jets. Does anyone know at what height you should be for the below radar kicks in?
Phoxhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:27 AM   #6
I3east Lig3r

Violet Eagle7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoxhunter View Post
I'm not sure of how it works as well. I unlocked it for the jets however i'm still being locked on by other jets. Does anyone know at what height you should be for the below radar kicks in?
30m

10char

Credit to Dragonpwnr99 for the awesome sig & picture!
Quote:
Valor grows by daring, fear by holding back.
~Publilius Syrus
I3east Lig3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:21 AM   #7
Rapturous Rich

Rapturous Rich's Gamercard

Because DICE. That's why.