PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield 3 > Back to Karkand
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-10-2012, 02:23 PM   #61
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   Micro Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
got my skidloader kill the 2nd time I took it out.. just driving around and a came up behind a tank with a guy repairing it.. so I just ran into him for a messy kill =)

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:45 PM   #62
derspiess

derspiess42's Gamercard
Got pretty lucky with this, but with the way I've been playing I think I was due for some luck. Played Wake Island for the first time (had to specifically select it in Server Browser since it never seemed to come up in my rotation) and was sort of exploring the island when I happened upon an unused skidloader at the airfield. I hopped on & after a couple miscues was able to get it on the road & build up a little speed. Drove up behind a friendly tank that a couple enemy players were trying to take out & figured I'd try to help him out while also helping myself out since they were distracted by the tank.

Well, the tank apparently got taken out by some plane or chopper as I was driving past, so I figured I was toast since there was now nothing to distract the two enemy soldiers. But no turning back at this point-- full speed ahead (going downhill certainly helped). While firing wildly at me they just happened to line up perfectly that I took both of them out in one run. Their buddy came by & started firing at me, so I tried the same thing with him, but the situation was reversed and I had to try to go uphill with that thing. Decided to ditch it & was promptly whacked, since I always seem to dismount vehicles with my back to the enemy.

So my time in the skidloader is 42 seconds with two kills, giving me 2.85 kills per minute with it :P

Icing on the top-- directly after that I finally found a good attack helo pilot who helped me get that elusive air vehicle ribbon, thus unlocking the Vehicle Warfare achievement. I think I had a grand total of 1 air kill to my name prior to that match, and he kept us alive long enough for me to get 6.
derspiess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:44 PM   #63
Extra Saucy

Shred Asics 13's Gamercard
Seriously, just go bananas with mines at Flag B on Wake Island and just sit in the loader and hide. I didn't even move it. Flag B on that map is easily the most mine kills I've gotten in general and it only took 2 minutes of waiting. Definitely luck based but people drive the DPVs all over the place and the road is narrow there.

-Praise The Sun-

Extra Saucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:01 AM   #64
fat_tony

Obi TW0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I HATE this stupid achievement! I've spent the last hour on Wake Island, laying mines around B and sitting in the loader waiting for someone to roll over them...nothing!

Either I can't get to the loader as I get spawned into a game with only 25 tickets left, or no-one goes near my mines or I try and run someone over only to miss them by a foot and then the gun me down.

Tearing my f-ing hair out with this. My K/D ratio over the last hour is about -12.

100% Games
fat_tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:06 AM   #65
BBDrew84

BBDrew's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat_tony View Post
I HATE this stupid achievement! I've spent the last hour on Wake Island, laying mines around B and sitting in the loader waiting for someone to roll over them...nothing!

Either I can't get to the loader as I get spawned into a game with only 25 tickets left, or no-one goes near my mines or I try and run someone over only to miss them by a foot and then the gun me down.

Tearing my f-ing hair out with this. My K/D ratio over the last hour is about -12.
I hear you, when I was going for that achievement I could not get it if my life depended on it. I gave it a rest for a couple of days, then I joined a random game and got it with in the first few minutes. Sometimes taking a break is your best bet.

BBDrew84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:36 PM   #66
BattFink!

BattFink's Gamercard
Guys another way to get this is to have a mate laser designating the enemy's attack helicopter.

Fire your Javelin and then get back in the skid loader before the Javelin hits the target. I got a nice double kill doing that

Beats waiting for someone to run over your mines.
BattFink! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:04 AM   #67
coachman1978

coachman1978's Gamercard
Got this last night.
We dominated the game so I thought lets drive the skidloader.
Finally spotted a running enemy, almost got him from the back when a chopper of my team tried to kill him.
Luckely he missed and I drove over him when he was running into cover

coachman1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:34 AM   #68
Miles Prower F6

Miles Prower F6's Gamercard
"The Fathergamer Podcast SERVER" has 24/7 Wake Island Conquest Assault so if you're trying to be like a boss and kill someone with a skid loader, you'll have plenty of opportunities as well.

If you're lucky I might even help you get it when the server is low pop.
Miles Prower F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:13 AM   #69
XcS Dead Deer

XcS Dead Deer's Gamercard
I was in a game of conquest and spawned on the boat, so i immediately made my way over to it. I drove around for a bit and hid, untill I saw B was being captured. So me, wanting my achievement, went to find the person. I found him behind the crane, and he'd peak from side to side.I give him credit because he stood his ground and tried to shoot me out of it, but he missed his vital shot. I won
XcS Dead Deer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:39 AM   #70
ConfusedGeek

Confusedgeek's Gamercard

got it via the at mines method. planet mines got in and started triving, i think i got it when i was on the other side of the map. i wasnt hiding i was looking on the edges to run someone over.
ConfusedGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:25 PM   #71
tankbuster

TANK BUST3R's Gamercard
Why is my Skid-Loader broken??. It seems every time I find one and start looking around while driving in it seems concrete mixed with mud and mixed with Glue my little skidder finds the only land mine on the map LOL. I sure wish this thing would float ...
tankbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:08 PM   #72
Colechr94

DullSword52's Gamercard
I agree with most people that this is purely luck-based. For me, what happened was some guy was trying to be all sneaky and take out a tank, while standing directly in front of the skidloader. So, I pegged it to the loader, got in and hit the gas. Next thing I knew, a roadkill and cheevo popped up. I've never felt so good about getting such a strange kill, and being rewarded for it!

Dark Souls
Soul Calibur 4
Batman Arkham Asylum
Halo CE Anniversary
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
Rage
Minecraft
Dead Rising 2 Case Zero
Dead Rising 2 Case West
Pac-Man CE
Space Marine: Kill Team
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations
Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
Colechr94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:54 PM   #73
BBDrew84

BBDrew's Gamercard

The Skidloader is a vehicle of opportunity. I usually will hop in it when there is complete chaos around the objective that it spawns at. When everyone is focused on the tank or AA gun around the objective hop in and find someone shooting rockets at armor. Or you can use at as a personal vehicle to get from one place to another and then someone will present themselves as an easy kill. I know, I will usually be in the Skidloader when I play Wake Island, or an F-35 that thing has become my favorite Jet.

Last edited by BBDrew84; 09-08-2012 at 05:58 PM.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:33 PM   #74
fat_tony

Obi TW0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Finally! I gave up on this back in January but decided to have a go at it again today as I've been focussing on clearing up some of the achievements the last week or so.

Tried using mines, taking stuff out with the javelin etc with no joy. Finally just got really lucky and an enemy jeep stopped just in front of me near the hangars on Wake Island. Two guys jumped out, both started shooting at me and stood in a line....ended up getting a double roadkill!

Now I can put the Skid Loader on the list of things I'm not going to touch ever again in BF3, alongside Squad Deathmatch and the EOD bot!

100% Games
fat_tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:51 PM   #75
BBDrew84

BBDrew's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat_tony View Post
Finally!
Congrats! I remember when B2K first came out, I tried to be a Boss but I got frustrated and stopped trying. After a day break I got back in it and got my kill, now I am up to 11 roadkill's in it! I still hop in it when I can

Old 10-02-2012, 02:25 AM   #76
AU Unit

AU Unit's Gamercard
I managed to get this on a sniper not paying attention. People tend to lay mines around the loader for some reason.
AU Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #77
PuschChris

PuschChris's Gamercard
I got it with help of a friend.
We were looking for a server with 2-player start, each of us joined a team and then we helped each other out

thing of 5 minutes
Old 10-28-2012, 05:28 AM   #78
Goblin93

this was such a pain but pretty fun at same time...sucks i had to give up alot of deaths just for one single kill...its basically comes down to luck
Goblin93 is offline   Reply With Quote