Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Mass Effect 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-03-2012, 12:07 AM   #31
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Besides the prequel events like First Contact and the rachnni wars/krogan rebellion, i wouldn't mind seeing Mass Effect: Terminus Wars, or something like that. The ME trilogy explored a lot of the systems in and around council space and aside from places like Omega and the occasional side mission we didn't get the chance to explore the seedy underworld of the galaxy.

Also given Mass Effect's unique dialogue and choice system it could make for an interesting story with some really tough choices to make.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:11 AM   #32
Schreckofant

Schreckofant's Gamercard
I've never been a fan of prequels, because you already know the outcome. Take some of the recommended conflicts for example. Sure, you don't how exactly everything took place, which leaves room for imagination, but that doesn't change the fact that the qftermath is already decided before you even boot up the game. That's never been too engaging for me.

And if you took an unknown conflict, you'd still know that it did not leave any significant impact on the status quo.

But even for a continuation of the storyline, topping a threat that has already destroyed countless of civilications in the galaxy in over a billion years .... is kinda hard. Well, I think ME4 is going to take a while, if they're ever going to release it ...
Schreckofant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #33
superdupergizmo

superdupergizmo's Gamercard
Spoilers
Despite their similarities, the endings were quite different. If they set the next game in the future, which ending would be canon? Would the reapers be destroyed, possessed or merged? By choosing a canon ending, Bioware would only further enrage an already enraged fanbase.
If there will be a sequel/prequel what have you, I'd rather have something set in the past. For instance, it would be awesome if you could play as a turian around the time humanity made their first appearance. You could play a specter, try a diplomatic approach to humans, culminating in the unavoidable first contact war. The Rachni Wars setting would be interesting as well.
Although I would still prefer the First Contact war; on one hand you have the citadel races being faced with a new unknown and cocky space faring species and on the other hand you have humans finding out they're not alone and that there's a whole intergalactic society that's been in place for centuries.
For Bioware to climb back up in my esteem though, they'd have to bring the me1 citadel and the mako back.

superdupergizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:09 PM   #34
IVIR BLOBBY

IVIR BLOBBY's Gamercard
The mass relays are what make the mass effect universe good, you can visit dozens of systems and over a hundred planets in an instant, without them it would be rubbish as it would limit the scope of a game that's scope has been massive.

For that reason i cant see them continuing the series from the current timeline. what i can see as possible

1)First contact war seems most likely, you can play as Anderson in the war or someone else, maybe to incorporate other species you can have winning the war & all of the issues with batarians and discovering the universe maybe

2) Go back to the protheans & when there AI rebelled & how you gathered all other species to fight them off, would be interesting to see all the new species

3) Go back to another cycle before the protheans with an array of new species and a new big enemy

4) Rachni wars, you play as a krogan rising up as clan leader on tunchanka & being discovered by the salarians & helping to destroy the rachni

5) 100 - 500 years after the end of me3 earth has built a mass relay & at the same time so has thessia they connect and begin to rebuild the universe, then they connect to the yahg or some other new race who is being dominated by AI & then you have to put them down also as the game progresses over a large timeline maybe more races get mass relays built and you learn of their fate, maybe your decisions led to the genocide of races like the krogan

Personally i love no. 5 as it has the most potential, but any of the others if done with the quality production of bioware would be good

Guides - DR2: off the record
IVIR BLOBBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:53 PM   #35
stimpson j cat

Stimpson J's Gamercard
At the end of ME2 we see the reaper armada flying towards the Milky Way. So we know the universe is a lot bigger. It's possible that there might be more reapers somewhere in our local cluster. Maybe one of them sends an sos or launches a beacon that miracUlously survives the unslaught. Then we'll see even bigger and stronger reapers and the return of Shepard and his team.

We could also try a remake in 3d....

Or maybe we should just let this trilogy be. I'm happy with all these options.

On a more serious note, any story that excludes reaper activity to me sounds like DLC and shouldn't be a stand alone game. The trilogy was about reaper threat and since they are delt with any other enemy would be a walk in the park or a mission absolutly possible and therefore irrelevant. And mass effect without reapers or Shepard or Liara or.....well anybody is a different game. Perhaps a new IP would be better.

Last edited by stimpson j cat; 09-14-2012 at 09:07 PM.
stimpson j cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:08 PM   #36
Homaz

Send a message via ICQ to Homaz Send a message via Skype™ to Homaz

A7 Homaz's Gamercard
Mass Effect is done. End of Discussion

Homaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:09 PM   #37
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
first anyone who thinks me3 was the last game is fucking out of their mind. second who cares what its about because they will surely do a great job with it.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:26 AM   #38
Elarris

Elarris's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dz06lt View Post
first anyone who thinks me3 was the last game is fucking out of their mind. second who cares what its about because they will surely do a great job with it.
You mean how they surely did a good job on this game? Let's face it ME2 was a much better game because it had variety. This one with the 3 enemy types was lazy and repetitive.

Last edited by Elarris; 09-16-2012 at 06:32 AM.
Elarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:45 PM   #39
Drewdude1023

Drewdude1023's Gamercard
A Mass Effect assassin game would be nice. A Thane spinoff.
Drewdude1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:53 PM   #40
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewdude1023 View Post
That would be terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:20 PM   #41
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
That would be terrible.
It definitely would be.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:54 PM   #42
PsychicHorns

ThyKingdomScum's Gamercard
The next mass effect will be an FPS set in the Batarian hegemony. You control Diana Allers.
Mass Effect 4: Mass Effect This!

Thanks to KillerBEA for the sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowraffe View Post
I only took her on the Normandy because I'm a Paragon and want to help save the galaxy but only five damn war asset points? I could get more points by sticking a Post-It note on a wall of the Citadel with the words, "REAPERS ARE BAD!" on it.

Last edited by PsychicHorns; 09-17-2012 at 11:01 PM.
PsychicHorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:18 PM   #43
Rivercurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewdude1023 View Post
Mass-assins's creed?

"Everything we've ever known. It's all hanging by a thread, Garrus."

Razor's EdgeDark WitnessRequiem

Rivercurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:28 AM   #44
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elarris View Post
You mean how they surely did a good job on this game? Let's face it ME2 was a much better game because it had variety. This one with the 3 enemy types was lazy and repetitive.
Newsflash all the games were like that and yes they did do a good job...