PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-15-2012, 09:35 PM   #1
xXUnKleSaMiAmXx

xXUnKleSaMiAmXx's Gamercard
Gears Events

I have a completely different issue then what I've been seeing.. Every weekend for the about the past 2 or maybe closer to 3 months I've been earning credit towards onyx socialite by playing king of the hill, only once per weekend, but suddenly this weekend it isn't counting match anymore.. My questions are: Anyone know if that should mean I just gained more chances on events or if it possibly counted towards other event ribbons?? And second anyone know what the actual event is this weekend??
xXUnKleSaMiAmXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:04 PM   #2
KaaN

check events here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=340070

Every event only counts once towards socialite so i guess that you already played on the event before.
KaaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:15 PM   #3
xXUnKleSaMiAmXx

I seen that thread earlier so does the events loop in that same exact order though cause it lost me when it only showed events up till Aug. 3 - ???
Old 09-16-2012, 01:06 AM   #4
KaaN

No it's random. Check the last pages. There is always someone posting what event is currently going on.

More details here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=370931
KaaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:57 PM   #5
Tortyreus

Tortyreus's Gamercard
The reason you didn't get any this weekend is because Epic, lazy fucks as they are, still haven't updated the event that should've been up since Friday 9 A.M. EST... Now they don't even bother to repeat the same event twice, just adding/removing one small thing like they did twice in a row two weeks ago, they just don't do anything for the events this weekend it seems...
Tortyreus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:04 PM   #6
theo

Theo Boots's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXUnKleSaMiAmXx View Post
My questions are: Anyone know if that should mean I just gained more chances on events or if it possibly counted towards other event ribbons??
Well I guess your second question got answered in the above posts.
Now for your first question. I don't understand what you are trying to ask. Could you maybe rephrase your question? Or could you explain what exactly it is you are trying to ask.

Specifics I do not understand:
- why would you think you gained more chances on events?
- what other event ribbons are you talking about?

theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:34 AM   #7
xXUnKleSaMiAmXx

I mean for example the last time boom snipes was the event instead of playing that event I played a regular king of the hill match and I received additional credit towards the onyx socialite medal.. This happened regardless of the event that was scheduled I'd play a regular king of the hill each weekend for the past 2 to 3 months and get credit for each weekend.. So what I was wondering was that since I didn't actually play the scheduled events for those months should I be able to get ribbons for boom snipes, triple threat, etc??
Old 09-17-2012, 04:50 AM   #8
Avernar

Avernar's Gamercard
I doesn't matter what game type you played, you still got the ribbon for that weeks event. And the name of the event doesn't matter, it's based on an internal id.

It's all explained in the first post of this thread: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=370931
Avernar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:20 PM   #9
xXUnKleSaMiAmXx

Well that don't really seem all that bad to me.. I'll just complete it in between other games not like playing a match here and there between completing other games will drain much time at all.. I understand why they looped it why waste the time and resources when they're working on a new project anyhow I'd rather the effort being put into making a better game next time.. My only gripe with gears now is they really need to make the other guns effectiveness closer to the gnasher I would think that firing a full clip into someones chest with a lancer should kill them four times over.. But atleast they've come a long way from the first gears..
Old 09-18-2012, 02:00 AM   #10
theo

Theo Boots's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXUnKleSaMiAmXx View Post
why waste the time and resources when they're working on a new project anyhow I'd rather the effort being put into making a better game next time
Exactly how much time and resources would be wasted by making more ribbons?

I too would like them to put the effort into making a better game. However history shows us this is not going to happen. In the first gears game people got reset. In the second gears game people got reset. In gears 3 people got reset. And I am sure in the next game they won't have this issue fixed.

So ... I think they should not stop with making ribbons.

theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:26 PM   #11
xXUnKleSaMiAmXx

Yeah good point, but at least now they have dedicated servers and the online battles got a lot better.. Looking at the first gears, compared to gears 3, the programmers seemed to have progressed a lot.. My friend was telling me about because of how bad the lag was in first one he could empty a full clip into an empty doorway then awhile later an enemy player would walk through and get blasted without him actually being there..
Or maybe they should make an achievement out of finding solutions for things they say they can't fix like for the person who realized that without playing a mode that saves after rank reset recovering gamer tag haha..
Reguardless of what peoples gripes are the only solution for pressuring them into making a better game is boycotting the Gears of War: Judgement game altogether that is the only way to get issues fixed..