PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-24-2012, 03:51 AM   #211
Zoinks

They add/change stuff because they're worried gamers will get bored with doing the same things they done in previous games. Personally I'd prefer more story based mssions over things like den defense, the tedious menu based mini-game you have to micro-manage, bombs, multiplayer, etc. Stick to the stuff that made AC2 so good, a good story with fun missions (no thief races please). The stealth ones where you have to carefully plan your route are the best and I'll never get sick of those.

The only other thing I'd ask of the devs is that they PLAY TEST, PLAY TEST, PLAY TEST! Revelations is a glitch-fest, some ruining moments that could have made for truly memorable moments. I also don't mind having to restart the occasional memory to get 100% sync, but it gets super annoying when one glitch or another screws up your carefully laid assassination plans for the 10th time, in every single memory (can't poison a guard who is examining a dead body for instance, death from above fails because your toenail touched the corner of a roof tile, etc... it's a long list of annoying defects).

I'm hopeful AC3 will go back to the basics and ditch the stuff that has nothing to do with sneaky assassinating and good heart pumping action, but the speed at which they're producing these latest titles makes me think we'll just see more of the same; milking fans for their money. Makes me glad I have the patience to wait until a game hits the bargain bin (AC2 was worth paying full price for though).
Zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:27 AM   #212
High Lord Sigma

High Lord Sigma's Gamercard
Well, I'm trying multiplayer, but I'm already growing bored of it. I'm sure the fact that everybody abuses smoke bombs in order to stay competitive might have something to do with that. They're seriously one of the most broken pieces of equipment in any multiplayer game I've ever played; there is no downside at all to using them, because they can do everything any player could possibly need. They were overused in Brotherhood as well, but not nearly as badly as they are in this game. The Model 1887s in MW2 and Armor Lock in Halo: Reach have nothing on this overpowered nonsense.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #213
M0nster

M0nsterSkillz's Gamercard
Im not too keen on the desmond sequences, also apart from that once i completed the story mode & was in free roam, my Ezio seemed to have lost free running skill lol, it sounds stupid but he isn't as good as he was going through the story mode, he seems to fall from buildings more easily, stupid things like that basically.

Also the multiplayer side of it ain't that great either, well i suppose its ok for an hour then gets extremely boring. They should think about bringing in other multiplayer game modes, may make things abit better.

**If You Add Me On Xbox Live, Please Also Send Me A Message As To Why You Are Adding Me**

M0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:24 AM   #214
BumpyJB

BumpyJB's Gamercard
Is this game any good...
BumpyJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #215
Chaz Of Sparta

Chaz Of Sparta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Multiplayer. 'Nuff said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
Big advantage of a console? Don't have to play with "PC master race" idiots.

Chaz Of Sparta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:45 PM   #216
AmbaLaBamba

AmbaLaBamba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Urgh, the multiplayer really does such major ass. I don't know how long I can last playing this... getting to rank 20 is killing me right now.

And is it just me or are some people struggling to stun an enemy and then run away before they can kill you? Enemies can do it perfectly fine to me but no matter when I press B I can't stun them before they kill me. It sucks..

AmbaLaBamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:27 PM   #217
Vitality gauge

vitality gauge's Gamercard
1490 total gamerscore?? seriously, they couldn't add 10 points to one of the achievements ..
Old 07-08-2012, 10:22 PM   #218
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbaLaBamba View Post

And is it just me or are some people struggling to stun an enemy and then run away before they can kill you? Enemies can do it perfectly fine to me but no matter when I press B I can't stun them before they kill me. It sucks..
It depends on how you approach them to stun, you need to surprise them or use an ability, otherwise them hitting X to kill and you pressing B at the same time will always lead to death.

Against noobs I have no problem stunning them without an ability because they go into high profile (running/climbing) and I know they are my purser as they have a big triangle over their head.

What mode you running? What ability set do you have? I will try and help you.

Last edited by cjdavies; 07-08-2012 at 10:25 PM.
cjdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:02 PM   #219
Intoxicated Crab

Sober Steve22's Gamercard
The Desmond sequences are terrible. Why they decided to put them in like that I don't know. Worst assassin's creed so far in my opinion.
Intoxicated Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:22 PM   #220
Cornholio

Afromuumi's Gamercard
For some reason Desmond looks like ass in this game, well atleast he got his crosseyes fixed it seems. The towerdefending was horrible. Some saying ezio looks like monkey with beard.. but HEY he's grown old get over it.. But that desmond face .. wtf.. No other complains really, Good game, excellente multiplayer me bueno
Cornholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:57 PM   #221
CIF

BloodngunsMrphy's Gamercard
Den Defense sucks. It was also nice to not have to kill a complete pussy to control each area on the map.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:31 AM   #222
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intoxicated Crab View Post
The Desmond sequences are terrible. Why they decided to put them in like that I don't know.
It seems to me that someone really liked Portal and wanted something close to it in the game.

The 5th part especially with the elevators and cubicles looked like a Portal level.

And these levels are completely ancillary, driven home by the fact that you get the Desmond skin as a "reward" for completing them.

They seriously thought people wanted to play as Desmond? Really?

Oh, and the part when you go to Cappadoccio and the game gives you no way to manage the Mediterranean Defense game while having it run in the background.

Kind of a dick move since it doesn't warn you that'll happen...

I'm only playing this because I forgot I picked it up cheap, and I need something to tie me over 'til Borderlands 2. And now that I'm playing AC: R, things like these Desmond levels are reminding me why I'm tired of this franchise...

Last edited by Jack Frost; 08-27-2012 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Forgot a gripe.
Jack Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:50 AM   #223
Tortyreus

Tortyreus's Gamercard
I'm a little mad because I paid for the DLC for the achievements only basically and because it would get me back into the Multiplayer, but after 20+ something games I haven't played on a single new DLC map... Also, I don't like it that I have to play on a specific map in a specific game mode for some of those achievements...
Tortyreus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:11 PM   #224
GOSHJOSH1214

really whatever
GOSHJOSH1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:58 PM   #225
CIF

BloodngunsMrphy's Gamercard
I'd be done with everything if it weren't for the Assassinate and Chest Capture modes being almost COMPLETELY dead.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:18 PM   #226
Toxaz

well the first half is kinda boring, it got good at 6. some of the new stuff is nice, but after 4 games, im getting bored. the DLC was a complete joke i thought it was going to be like the last game and actually give me story gameplay, not some bad rip off of portal.

i cant wait for the new one tho.
Toxaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:01 PM   #227
xxthegodofwarx

Send a message via AIM to xxthegodofwarx

brian pumpher's Gamercard
the desmond stuff sucks and the chariot race sucks

xxthegodofwarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:02 PM   #228
xxthegodofwarx

Send a message via AIM to xxthegodofwarx

brian pumpher's Gamercard
ac is turning into cod.they just poop out a game every year for money

xxthegodofwarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:09 AM   #229
P1TTMAN

Lt Lemonhead's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Well, I'm really late to this party.
My first questions as I started playing this game were, "Why the fuck would they change the controls?" It's been the same for three games, and suddenly Eagle Vision is a stick click and shooting is Y.
Also, Ezio seems incapable of targeting an enemy or begin blocking. All previous games, if you pull both triggers, Altair/Ezio would bring out his weapon in a blocking stance. In this game, I have to hit the attack button first or some stupid shit before he'll start blocking.

P1TTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:32 PM   #230
bastsxbox360

bastsxbox360's Gamercard
The only thing I didn' t like was that I (constantly) had money problems. At least in Brotherhood you got stuff out of the chests that you could sell, but not in Revelations.

Right now I have to stand around and wait for the bank to fill up, in order to buy all those expensive landmarks.

Oh well.
bastsxbox360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:20 PM   #231
P1TTMAN

Lt Lemonhead's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastsxbox360 View Post
The only thing I didn' t like was that I (constantly) had money problems. At least in Brotherhood you got stuff out of the chests that you could sell, but not in Revelations.

Right now I have to stand around and wait for the bank to fill up, in order to buy all those expensive landmarks.

Oh well.
Money hasn't been a problem in any of the AC games so far; you might be a little short at the beginning, but as long as you keep buying property (and in this one, taking over cities) you'll be fine.

I find it hard to believe that you actually found nothing else to bitch about.
The combat lock-on is terrible, and a few of the missions are needlessly frustrating as hell.

P1TTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:34 PM   #232
N00delsuppe

Antr0p0phagus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Desmond Sequences... enough said!
Oh and the single player DLC, especially the "Impress Warren Vidic" achievement, sucked ass. Seriousely, if I weren't such a completionist, I'd have stopped after the first lvl of that horrible DLC. (Wouldn't even have bought it probably)
Oh and P1TTMAN: if you thought the controls changed much in Revelations, what do you say about the controls in AC 3? I will never understand why they had to change the blocking to ...

N00delsuppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:49 PM   #233
poleh2o

NavyVinny's Gamercard
Den defense is one of the worst thing in the creed series.
poleh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:04 PM   #234
Jqod

Jqod's Gamercard
The goddamn mission where you defend the herald... I swing at the attackers and they run right by and attack him without bothering with my... There are far too many waves too..
Jqod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:10 PM   #235
Jqod

Jqod's Gamercard
On top of that when you fail you have to go through the lame 2 minute walk back over and conversation with the guy... I throw caltrops and smoke... It doesn't want to let me shoot them and I swing and miss cus they are running right by and then they hit him.... Dumbest shit
Jqod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:33 PM   #236
lornesbored

Lorne117's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jqod View Post
On top of that when you fail you have to go through the lame 2 minute walk back over and conversation with the guy... I throw caltrops and smoke... It doesn't want to let me shoot them and I swing and miss cus they are running right by and then they hit him.... Dumbest shit
It's so fucking bad and I scream every time I fail it.

Grapes.
lornesbored is offline   Reply With Quote