PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Card and Board > Full House Poker
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-20-2012, 12:26 AM   #1
fuelstaind

fuelstaind's Gamercard
Texas Heat Fall 2012 DLC out now

This new DLC is, as always, free; and contains 3 new achievements.

Feel the Heat
-play 2,500 hands of Texas Heat

Wet Flush
-Get a Flush off the river

In The Money
-Win 1,000,000 chips in a single hand
fuelstaind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:47 AM   #2
Danny Dibo

Send a message via AIM to Danny Dibo Send a message via Yahoo to Danny Dibo

Danny Dibo's Gamercard
Wtf?!? No...no!.. NOOOO!!!

I guess only good thing I can say, is im thankful I don't have 10k hands played yet.

Danny Dibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:01 AM   #3
simmias

simmias42's Gamercard
Jesus, why can't this game die already? 2500 hands of Texas Heat?!?
simmias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:52 AM   #4
RES1DENT NEMES1S

AgentZachMorgan's Gamercard
As much as i like free dlc, having to play 2500 hands on a game mode that is only available on certain days and certain times is complete and utter bullshit!

They either need to make these daily or put them on earlier, there's no fucking way i'm staying up til 6am to play this crap. This is going to take FOREVER!!
RES1DENT NEMES1S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:20 AM   #5
thoseAREmySHOES

thoseAREmySHOES's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This is so unbelievably stupid.

thoseAREmySHOES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:47 AM   #6
LausDomini

LausDomini's Gamercard
I won over 1 million chips in a single player 3-table tournament and did not get the achievement. I did get the one for hitting a flush on the river.

EDIT: I had to win over two million chips in one hand to earn the achievement.

Last edited by LausDomini; 09-20-2012 at 04:16 AM.
LausDomini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:42 AM   #7
JohnAizen

JohnAizen's Gamercard
I just downloaded the DLC, started the game and the "In the Money" cheevo popped for me, talk about luck
JohnAizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:03 AM   #8
Lou Keymia

Lou Keymia's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I bet they have a Spring 2013 season that reinstates the old Spring DLC achievements. I would be so happy.
Lou Keymia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:26 PM   #9
Gunstar Red

Gunstar Red's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I REALLY hope the Texas Heat achievement counts hands retroactively. I don't suppose they added a counter to track that now that it's an achievement. The only thing making the Heat achv worse is not knowing how close you are to getting it.

If you're playing with slowpokes, you'll be lucky to get in 20 hands per round of Heat, so you're looking at 125 30-minutes Heat sessions to hit that many hands.
Gunstar Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:51 PM   #10
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Yeah, I can't see anyone getting even close to 100 hands in one 30 minute match. that's way too many for one season.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:19 PM   #11
TERMINATOR 2452

TERMINATOR 2452's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RES1DENT NEMES1S View Post
As much as i like free dlc, having to play 2500 hands on a game mode that is only available on certain days and certain times is complete and utter bullshit!

They either need to make these daily or put them on earlier, there's no fucking way i'm staying up til 6am to play this crap. This is going to take FOREVER!!
They need it to be on daily. Sh?t every game i play is with bloody bots.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:14 PM   #12
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
I think I'll just go all in every hand to get each one over with quicker. who cares if im on the lower table.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:18 PM   #13
FarmerJay

FrmerJakMehauf's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejay View Post
I think I'll just go all in every hand to get each one over with quicker. who cares if im on the lower table.
Do you have to sit out a hand if you bust out? If so, may be better off just folding every hand. I guess it would depend on how many human players there are. Humans tend to take more time at every decision.

Last edited by FarmerJay; 09-20-2012 at 08:20 PM.
FarmerJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:25 PM   #14
yamayamayaamaa

Send a message via ICQ to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via AIM to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Yahoo to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Skype™ to yamayamayaamaa

yamayamayaamaa's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Gold   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunstar Red View Post
I REALLY hope the Texas Heat achievement counts hands retroactively. I don't suppose they added a counter to track that now that it's an achievement. The only thing making the Heat achv worse is not knowing how close you are to getting it.

If you're playing with slowpokes, you'll be lucky to get in 20 hands per round of Heat, so you're looking at 125 30-minutes Heat sessions to hit that many hands.
Nope, there is no counter. But I agree that folding over and over is probably the best option.

yamayamayaamaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:35 PM   #15
FarmerJay

For a counter, you could just write down how many total hands you have now. Then when you have 2500 more hands you'll know how close you are. If you only play Texas heat from that point on.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:39 PM   #16
yamayamayaamaa

Send a message via ICQ to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via AIM to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Yahoo to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Skype™ to yamayamayaamaa

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Gold   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Well I'm hoping past Texas Heat games count towards the achievement like the other cumulative DLC achievements did. But I might as well do that since Texas Heat is the only thing I need to be playing.

Old 09-21-2012, 01:07 AM   #17
UnarmedReaper07

UnarmedReaper07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Man, I should of played Texas Heat more if past games do actually count.

*Got 2/3 achievements. Now I need the Texas Heat one.

Last edited by UnarmedReaper07; 09-21-2012 at 03:10 AM.
UnarmedReaper07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:05 PM   #18
Crash Geom

Crash Geom's Gamercard
For the Flush achievement, does that mean win with a flush or you have to get your 5th flush card on the river?

I'm surprised they have a win 1,000,000 chip achievement but the max buy-in is still 250K. Seriously this has the potential to be a great poker game if they had 10,000,000 chip buy ins. Practically everyone who plays is already Level 50. What's an easy way to get this achievement?

Last edited by Crash Geom; 09-22-2012 at 09:18 PM.
Crash Geom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:34 PM   #19
yamayamayaamaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Geom View Post
What's an easy way to get this achievement?
Texas Heat triple diamond table or Single Player 250K buy in game types. I did it in single player.

Old 09-22-2012, 11:36 PM   #20
Crash Geom

Crash Geom's Gamercard
Yes, but you'll need to win a pot of 2 mil+ to get this as someone already stated?
Old 09-23-2012, 12:21 AM   #21
yamayamayaamaa

Sort of. You have to win a total of 1 million not including your own chips. That's why it seems like you need 2 million. What I did was get my chips to 1 million, then wait for one of the AI to get to 1 million. After that keep trying to get the AI with 1 million to go all in at the same time as you. Obviously you need to have a good hand also so it takes a while but it worked for me.

Old 09-23-2012, 01:19 AM   #22
Dr Akula

dr akuia's Gamercard
lol a straight flush on the river doesn't count for the achievement cause I just got one.
Dr Akula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:52 AM   #23
Crash Geom

Crash Geom's Gamercard
I'm not even going to bother with the other achievements except the Texas Heat one. I expect to get 2-3 other achievements along the way. Just bought a turbo controller off eBay for Texas Heat for $20. It really does seem like going All-In every hand is the best strategy.

I calculated 25 hands per session this way. So 100 sessions for the achievement. Also assuming it counts your previous sessions.

Normally I wouldn't bother with these kind of achievements at all. But for games I care about, I do go out of my way to get em. haha (Even if they are so stupid.)
Old 09-23-2012, 04:21 AM   #24
FarmerJay

I just sit out. And it brings me into the next game automatically, and I still average about 20 hands per game.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:22 AM   #25
Crash Geom

Crash Geom's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerJay View Post
I just sit out. And it brings me into the next game automatically, and I still average about 20 hands per game.
I'm worried sitting out doesn't count as playing a hand.

Edit: Oh looks like you're right. My hands played went up in my career stats while sitting out! Well that looks like the easiest way then.

Last edited by Crash Geom; 09-23-2012 at 06:31 AM.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:08 AM   #26
Gunstar Red

Gunstar Red's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
So did anyone retroactively get the 2500 Heat hands yet? I played all 12 Heat sessions on Saturday, and averaged about 20 hands per session thanks to being paired up with only 3 humans and the rest CPU bots. When I used to get a full table of humans, I'd usually only get in 12 to 15 hands.

So assuming you are able to get in 20 hands per Heat, and you do all 12 sessions available on both Tuesday and Saturday, you'll get 480 hands per week, meaning you'll need five and a half weeks of playing EVERY Heat session to reach 2500 hands.

I think I'm more upset that there's no way to track your Heat progress with a counter, more than I am that they put in the 2500 Heat hands achievement.

A pretty funny aside: I actually ended one Heat session today ranked 74th with a Gold Medal from folding every single hand during the session! *LOL* I didn't even pay attention until the final tally screen that I had somehow scored that much XP just from Smart Folds. I'm assuming that only happened because there was a showdown every hand and my cards would never have won, as earning a Gold purely on folds is a very rare occurrence.

Last edited by Gunstar Red; 09-23-2012 at 08:13 AM.
Gunstar Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:06 PM   #27
Crash Geom

Crash Geom's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunstar Red View Post
So did anyone retroactively get the 2500 Heat hands yet? I played all 12 Heat sessions on Saturday, and averaged about 20 hands per session thanks to being paired up with only 3 humans and the rest CPU bots. When I used to get a full table of humans, I'd usually only get in 12 to 15 hands.

So assuming you are able to get in 20 hands per Heat, and you do all 12 sessions available on both Tuesday and Saturday, you'll get 480 hands per week, meaning you'll need five and a half weeks of playing EVERY Heat session to reach 2500 hands.

I think I'm more upset that there's no way to track your Heat progress with a counter, more than I am that they put in the 2500 Heat hands achievement.
Yea that's what I'm afraid of. Too many humans. But All-In insures there will only be 2-3 players a time without too many decisions to be made from other players. Or you'll get eliminated and eventually make it to a table with only computer players.

If you only play Texas Heat from now on then Hands Played will only count your Texas Heat hands and you can use that as a counter.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:09 PM   #28
FarmerJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Geom View Post
I'm worried sitting out doesn't count as playing a hand.

Edit: Oh looks like you're right. My hands played went up in my career stats while sitting out! Well that looks like the easiest way then.
Yeah, I checked to make sure the counter was going up. The only downside is that it says you lose your medal or something if you're still sitting out at the end. But I personally could care less.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:15 PM   #29
Crash Geom

Crash Geom's Gamercard
Not sure if I'm allowed to link here or not.
http://www.trueachievements.com/Full...hievements.htm

There are no tracked users who have the Texas Heat achievement on that site. Out of the 282 people who have this DLC, 0 people have the achievement. You can assume anyone who has this DLC has to like this game a lot since very few people know about this DLC.

That's kind of surprising because if the game did keep track of previous Texas Heat tournaments, I'd assume there would be at least 1 person who loves em to death and have the achievement.

Last edited by Crash Geom; 09-23-2012 at 08:20 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:53 PM   #30
yamayamayaamaa

I also averaged about 20 per game. I just put my arcade stick with B (fold) on turbo. I'll try it with Y (all in) next and see if that is faster.