PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Fable: The Journey
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-20-2012, 11:28 PM   #1
dkarpenter

Just tried the Demo

I just tried the demo and i have to say i am really disappointed. Not that i actually expected much tbh.
My arm started to ache after about 5 mins of playing, and overall i found it quite boring and very repetitive.
Being kinect the graphics are also below standard. I also felt that it looked very childish and cartoony.
Its such a shame that its kinect, as the story seemed reasonably interesting and had the potential to be a good RPG.
dkarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:28 PM   #2
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkarpenter View Post
Being kinect the graphics are also below standard.
How are Kinect and graphics at all related?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:03 AM   #3
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Great someone else basing a game off it's graphics. As I said on the MOH Warfighter forum people shouldn't base a games graphics on how it will play or how good it will be.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:51 PM   #4
dkarpenter

Well I personally think that good Graphics are important, but not essential.The graphics are what sells the game for a lot of people. Warranted, most people buy games for their content, but you cant deny that others would refuse to buy a perfectly good game purely based on inferior graphics. And besides, i never said that i liked/disliked games based on their pickle content, I merely stated that as a kienct game its graphics were below the present standard of graphics
dkarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:13 PM   #5
MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad's Gamercard
Quote:
Well I personally think that good Graphics are important, but not essential.The graphics are what sells the game for a lot of people. Warranted, most people buy games for their content, but you cant deny that others would refuse to buy a perfectly good game purely based on inferior graphics. And besides, i never said that i liked/disliked games based on their pickle content, I merely stated that as a kienct game its graphics were below the present standard of graphics
Graphics are important? Perhaps to you. Graphics are always nice, but a gorgeous game with broken controls=crap. The demo controls well and I enjoyed it for what it is. I based games on whether or not I enjoy them and have fun, not how pretty it looks.
MastrMeatWad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:26 PM   #6
TheBrit

The graphics were below par???

I personally thought the demo looked really nice = equally as good as the other fable games. kinect enabled games have zero effect on the graphics - that was a pretty silly comment.

the game made me slightly tired also but i realized it was more to do with me starting to flail my arms wildly without realizing it. Once I settled down, it was all good.

I'm renting it for sure, in fact it already shipped early from game fly on Saturday and I'm sure it will be fun.

It is what it is, I love the fable series and had no problems with 1,2 or 3 - but then, I try not to read too much into them and play them to have fun, not to pick them apart.
TheBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:26 PM   #7
Fatdog86

Fatdog86's Gamercard
Quote:
My arm started to ache after about 5 mins of playing, and overall i found it quite boring and very repetitive.
Really, after five minutes? maybe you need more Kinect games, or, maybe you need to complain less about a game that you played for five minutes and get outside and exercise... I played the demo through completion and loved this.
Fatdog86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:44 PM   #8
Purified N Fire

Purified N Fire's Gamercard
Great Kinect Game

It's a great Kinect game. Why does everyone hate on Kinect? It is what it is. Great for kids and a great add on for other games. I wish it was a hard core gamers FPS genre but it just is not. That does not make it bad. I am sure that as time goes by it will be but enjoy it for what it is today
Purified N Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:40 AM   #9
xD Rick
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to xD Rick

xD Rick's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purified N Fire View Post
It's a great Kinect game. Why does everyone hate on Kinect? It is what it is. Great for kids and a great add on for other games. I wish it was a hard core gamers FPS genre but it just is not. That does not make it bad. I am sure that as time goes by it will be but enjoy it for what it is today
Well, I think Kinect is crap all the way, and I believe like the other 99% players do to.
But, what matters here is this game really is good, and the Kinect actually WORKS like it should with this one.
I was one of the guys who didnīt believed in this game, and I hated the demo.
So my girlfriend brought this one and I tried it. And this is good.
So, I recomend you guys give this game a shot, for at least 2 or 3 hours.
I bet you will like it.
xD Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:50 AM   #10
YorkusRex

YorkusRex's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneKane87 View Post
Great someone else basing a game off it's graphics. As I said on the MOH Warfighter forum people shouldn't base a games graphics on how it will play or how good it will be.
Games are primarily a visual medium and it is not unusual for people to make judgement calls based off what they see first. However, I do agree with you that I have found some games to be a blast to play despite their graphics and people shouldn't be so quick to judge.

That's why DL demos/trials are so great as they give you a chance to sample the actual gameplay without having to lay out any cash. They have sometimes changed my mind on games that I thought weren't up to par on graphics. They have also turned me off on games that I thought looked good but played terrible.

"He would have finished him off then and there, but pity stayed his hand. It's a pity I've run out of bullets, he thought, as he went back up the tunnel..."
YorkusRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #11
PANIC ATTACK 10

PANIC ATTACK 10's Gamercard
Thumbs up my view of demo

well the graphics are very nice. they fit & look every bit as good as any other fable game.

the controls i found are very responsive. spell casting was easy. though no horse or carriage to try out. it is linear but the story & battles soon make you for get that. lots of great games are linear

in fact i liked the demo so much. i cant wait to grab this soon. i give the demo a 8/10. also might add. you sit the whole time. you also need to sit in a chair with no arms. you must sit up straight as well.
PANIC ATTACK 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:21 AM   #12
ScoobyWRX555

ScoobyWRX555's Gamercard
I didnt think the graphics were all that certainly not as bright and sparkly like the others. I totally understand about ' kinect and graphics ' most ive seen use very block primary colours without high detail and polygon count, its just the type of game and audience kinect goes for, very much like the wii.

I like the kinect , bored of hearing its bashing and wanted it to do well but like the review i get frustrated at its control inconsistancy. I shouldnt be demoing kinect games on if they are physically playable.

I couldnt get anywhere on the sofa so i sat upright on a dining room chair (bit weird in itself) it improved it alot but aimingwas frustratingly random. So unfortunately will wait till its cheap

Last edited by ScoobyWRX555; 10-13-2012 at 10:28 AM.
ScoobyWRX555 is offline   Reply With Quote