PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Music and Rhythm > Rock Band Blitz
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-02-2012, 08:19 AM   #31
Felonious Monk

HopeStillFlies's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Gamer Chick!   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
For Pinball Wizard, does anyone who doesn't have it unlocked want to test to see if it works on "Song of the Century" by Green Day?

One track vocal song and while running pinball with jackpot or 2x and flame notes you'll easily get a score in 660k, but I'm curious if the pinball achievement can get unlocked on top of it.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:10 AM   #32
Didi Mau

Send a message via MSN to Didi Mau

CuriousJewbeard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Gold   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Monk View Post
For Pinball Wizard, does anyone who doesn't have it unlocked want to test to see if it works on "Song of the Century" by Green Day?

One track vocal song and while running pinball with jackpot or 2x and flame notes you'll easily get a score in 660k, but I'm curious if the pinball achievement can get unlocked on top of it.
Whilst I don't have the song to try it for you, I read on the RB.com forums that the achievement unlocks once the pinball is dropped and so cannot be unlocked on a one-track song that will never drop it. It is very easily unlocked on Bob Marley's Redemption Song though, which only has guitar and vocals.
Didi Mau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:42 AM   #33
relauby

relauby's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didi Mau View Post
Whilst I don't have the song to try it for you, I read on the RB.com forums that the achievement unlocks once the pinball is dropped and so cannot be unlocked on a one-track song that will never drop it. It is very easily unlocked on Bob Marley's Redemption Song though, which only has guitar and vocals.
One-track songs will drop the pinball though. I just tried it on Song of the Century and the pinball alone racked up about 600,000 points. I already have the achievement so I don't know if it would unlock, but I can't see why it wouldn't.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:58 AM   #34
Didi Mau

Send a message via MSN to Didi Mau

CuriousJewbeard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Gold   1,000 Posts
Fair enough, this was the post I had read (turns out it was Scorehero, not RB.com):

Quote:
The pinball trophy pops when your pinball drops. That's why you can't get it on a one track song; the ball never drops.
Didi Mau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:07 PM   #35
Felonious Monk

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Gamer Chick!   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by relauby View Post
One-track songs will drop the pinball though. I just tried it on Song of the Century and the pinball alone racked up about 600,000 points. I already have the achievement so I don't know if it would unlock, but I can't see why it wouldn't.
Ah, but that's the key in what Didi is saying. The track hits the end tag before the pinball can fall off the screen, so the game doesn't know when to calculate the total amount of time the pinball was in play.

Thanks for researching that, Didi.

Still a good way to get a quick gold star score, though.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #36
relauby

relauby's Gamercard
Quote:
Ah, but that's the key in what Didi is saying. The track hits the end tag before the pinball can fall off the screen, so the game doesn't know when to calculate the total amount of time the pinball was in play.

Thanks for researching that, Didi.

Still a good way to get a quick gold star score, though.
Oh ok, when he said the pinball dropped I just took that to mean when it first appears, not when it leaves the screen. That would make sense then.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:18 PM   #37
Son of Kyuss

Son of Kyuss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Just a little heads up for any DLC achievements, you need to keep all the songs on your hard drive for them to count for the totals even if you've played them.

I was deleting songs as I finished them thinking it was okay (and since I'm low on HDD space) and was wondering why the 50 songs in a genre achievement wasn't popping. I ended up redownloading enough songs again to hit 50 and played one and it popped.

Last edited by Son of Kyuss; 09-02-2012 at 11:39 PM.
Son of Kyuss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:25 AM   #38
hoshinosenshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Kyuss View Post
Just a little heads up for any DLC achievements, you need to keep all the songs on your hard drive for them to count for the totals even if you've played them.

I was deleting songs as I finished them thinking it was okay (and since I'm low on HDD space) and was wondering why the 50 songs in a genre achievement wasn't popping. I ended up redownloading enough songs again to hit 50 and played one and it popped.
It's most likely there's a xml script that keep tracks of what songs have been completed (and registered as such) to the server. Removing songs from the HDD would void any finished songs as being 'completed' unless they remain intact.

I'll add this to the guide as a precaution to anyone with a 20GB HDD or just anyone with low disc space in general.

As for the Gold Star guide, I'm waiting to see what can be done about it being recreated before I change the description.

Also, to clarify as discussed above, the Pinball Whiz achievement will only unlock after the pinball has fallen off the highway, one track songs will not work.
hoshinosenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:13 AM   #39
Delta438

Delta748's Gamercard
For Good as Gold, look for a free track in the store by Stephen Colbert. Play it and use the pinball powerup. Juggle the pinball properly and you'll get that and Pinball Whiz in one shot.

Delta438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:24 AM   #40
psymatiq

H2O Psy's Gamercard
there is a song way better for geting gold

cory wong - upstream

its guitar only and with flame notes super guitar and bandmate you can gain around 600 k just by using bandmate at the right time just after the easy solo. heck you get gold before the solo... just saying.

19 Retail couple arcade completed
psymatiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:16 PM   #41
agentnnc

USB Connector's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by psymatiq View Post
there is a song way better for geting gold

cory wong - upstream

its guitar only and with flame notes super guitar and bandmate you can gain around 600 k just by using bandmate at the right time just after the easy solo. heck you get gold before the solo... just saying.
I got a better one: Moonlight sonata, pinball, super keys, jackpot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WgU...o&feature=plcp

Can you say 30+ million in one song?
"What you own is your own kingdom. What you do is your own glory. What you love is your own power. What you live is your own story. In your head is the answer let it guide you along. Let your heart be the anchor and the beat of your soul."

- Rush (Something for Nothing)
agentnnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:20 PM   #42
agentnnc

USB Connector's Gamercard
Maybe it would be advantageous to link the Precious Medal guide? http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=385860
"What you own is your own kingdom. What you do is your own glory. What you love is your own power. What you live is your own story. In your head is the answer let it guide you along. Let your heart be the anchor and the beat of your soul."

- Rush (Something for Nothing)
agentnnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #43
hoshinosenshi

Guide linked in description, I also changed the wording I had before to remove some things that wouldn't work so well.

Also, not yet confirmed but as a precaution, I changed the 'Blitzed Out' achievement to online only. I think that's pretty much everything done, I'll request for a pin soon. For anything that may need more info, suggest it and I'll see what can be done.

For DLC songs, as much as they may help with certain achievements, for the benefit of keeping the core achievements connected to the Blitz songs, I won't be adding those as suggestions, but anyone with those songs are welcome to try them for Pinball Whiz and Good as Gold.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:19 PM   #44
Felonious Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoshinosenshi View Post

For DLC songs, as much as they may help with certain achievements, for the benefit of keeping the core achievements connected to the Blitz songs, I won't be adding those as suggestions, but anyone with those songs are welcome to try them for Pinball Whiz and Good as Gold.
Absolutely. Sounds fine enough.

After all, we don't want people buying songs to get a achievements.

D:
Old 09-05-2012, 07:38 PM   #45
Gigatoreador

GigaToreador's Gamercard
Quote:

D:
Stephen Colbert's "Charlene" is free, isn't it?
Gigatoreador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:48 PM   #46
hoshinosenshi

Quote:

D:
It's more that, you shouldn't have to buy DLC you don't want to get other achievements that can be obtained with any other song already in Blitz. I got Pinball Whiz without using any DLC songs, as an example.

On top of that, not everyone will have 300 songs to get that far into the DLC achievements. I'd like to try and keep them seperate when possible, unless it's free... in which case anything goes.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:40 AM   #47
Felonious Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoshinosenshi View Post
It's more that, you shouldn't have to buy DLC you don't want to get other achievements that can be obtained with any other song already in Blitz. I got Pinball Whiz without using any DLC songs, as an example.

On top of that, not everyone will have 300 songs to get that far into the DLC achievements. I'd like to try and keep them seperate when possible, unless it's free... in which case anything goes.
I was being a smartass.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #48
gt2carrera4

f0r t3h lulz's Gamercard
Can a friend log into his XBL profile on my xbox, which has TONS of DLC songs, and get progress towards the "Party at Your Place" achievement?

gt2carrera4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #49
Gigatoreador

GigaToreador's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt2carrera4 View Post
Can a friend log into his XBL profile on my xbox, which has TONS of DLC songs, and get progress towards the "Party at Your Place" achievement?
as long as the DLC was first loaded onto your HDD (not on another xbox), this should work
Gigatoreador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:12 PM   #50
Felonious Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigatoreador View Post
as long as the DLC was first loaded onto your HDD (not on another xbox), this should work
And if that was the case, you really need to do a license transfer to that Xbox so that you can play the songs offline (you know, like in RB3 or something, smarties), anyway, and in addition to making it no problem for your friend to log on and get it done. Of course, maybe being logged on a second controller while your friend plays on first would do the trick, too.

Last edited by Felonious Monk; 09-06-2012 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Heading off at the pass
Felonious Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:30 PM   #51
gt2carrera4

f0r t3h lulz's Gamercard
thanks for the replies..we'll see what happens at some point lol

gt2carrera4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:09 AM   #52
* Clueless *

Clueless 726's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Submit - Silver   The Helping Hand   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Does the DLC 100 have a specific name?
Asking because I'm creating a thread for the Maximum Clubs.

Cheers! & thanks for making this guide so fast!!
* Clueless * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:21 AM   #53
hoshinosenshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Like Me View Post
Does the DLC 100 have a specific name?
Asking because I'm creating a thread for the Maximum Clubs.

Cheers! & thanks for making this guide so fast!!
It's specified as DLC, they could be sorted as 'Online' but I felt that separating them was a better choice. 400G for the core game, with the extra 100G. All the related achievements are here.

Also, no problem!
Old 09-11-2012, 02:01 AM   #54
* Clueless *

Clueless 726's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Submit - Silver   The Helping Hand   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Thanks for the reply. You've been a big help

Let me know when this guide is all ready to be published (and it's been a month since the game's release) and myself or another Guide Team member will get it up on the front site for ya.

Cheers! & thanks again!
* Clueless * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:32 PM   #55
yamiseth

yamiseth's Gamercard
Does anyone know if you have to actually play the songs to get the 300 unique? Can I just jukebox it and let the songs play in the background? It is 0 stars earned, but still played I guess?
Full Retail: CoD 2, CoD 4, Lost, Eat Lead, Spidey: WoS, Rock Band, Rock Band 2, GH: A, GH 2, GH 5, GH: WT, Civilization Rev., Naruto: BB, Bully, Enchanted Arms, King Kong, Fable 2, Halo 3: ODST, Samurai Warriors 2: Empires, Dante's Inferno, Resident Evil 5, Magna Carta 2, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Battlefield: BC2, Prey, DW: Gundam

Full Arcade: 1 v. 100, Axel & Pixel, Dino Dash, Fable 2 Pub, Tinker
yamiseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:36 PM   #56
hoshinosenshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamiseth View Post
Does anyone know if you have to actually play the songs to get the 300 unique? Can I just jukebox it and let the songs play in the background? It is 0 stars earned, but still played I guess?
This should work. However, you'd be losing the double coin bonus in the process. I would suggest getting enough coins, working on the gold stars for the Blitz songs, and then running idle through anything else.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:12 PM   #57
Felonious Monk

It'd be one thing to jukebox it with a turbo controller* if you could set up playlists.

No playlists in RBB, so you still have to babysit it per song. Might as well play, even if you're half-assing it.

*Let me clarify this before I get any "huh, what?" At my store on weekends, I'll set up RB3 on performance mode, no fail mode, vocals with mic amplification turned off with a Hori EX2 kicked on turbo to press "A" over and over.

Why do this? Because with my 670+ songs it then becomes a giant jukebox for the in-store that I'm not having to press "A" over and over again to proceed to the next random song. As a result, some unplayed have "0" scores, but I'll get to them eventually.

In addition to that, we have ourselves (the employees) represented as the in-game avatars in RB3, so that's pretty neat to have that going on in the background.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:29 AM   #58
John SWFC

John SWFC's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didi Mau View Post
Just wanted to confirm that Ooby Dooby won't help you with the music historian achievement, so don't buy it if you don't want it. 50's has to be a Johnny Cash song, I went with Cry Cry Cry.
Yes I can second this. I looked at the sale items, sorted by decade and saw Ooby Dooby under the 1950s, bought and played it but no achievement because it's classed as 1987 from some compilation album release.

What a load of bollocks. May have only been 80msp but I still feel cheated.
John SWFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:26 PM   #59
Felonious Monk

It's listed 50s in the store, but 80s in the library.

That's pretty messed up.

What's super annoying is that Harmonix makes exceptions to this, anyway, because for the Jimmy Buffett tracks, he came in to play and add material and the pack was called a re-record. 2008 is when he did it, but if I'm not mistaken it has original release dates for the songs. I'll go double check.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:22 PM   #60
John SWFC

John SWFC's Gamercard
Yeah, same with Motorhead's "Ace Of Spades 08". Obviously it's the 2008 re-record but it's still listed as the original release of 1980 (or thereabouts) on the library.
John SWFC is offline   Reply With Quote