PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Dead or Alive 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-12-2010, 12:25 AM   #1
Nei Debrusc

agundamdownhere's Gamercard
Dead or Alive 5?

So, the front page article says that Tecmo is announcing Dead or Alive 5, or should be, this E3. What's everyone's thoughts on this announcement? Personally, I'm really looking forward to it. I only started playing DoA with the 4th one, but I really like the characters. The DoA4 achievements were kinda ridiculous (i.e. nigh impossible), but the game itself was fun. I was pretty sure the DoA series died when Itagaki left Tecmo, but this might be fun.

P.S. I thought there was a separate thread on this site for DoA5, but I couldn't find it. And this forum's search thread won't let me search for DoA5. Sorry if this is already a thread.
4.29.2012 - 4000th achievement: Settlement Savior, Iron Brigade

You game for your reason, and I'll game for mine.
Nei Debrusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 01:03 AM   #2
mentaljason

Mental Jay's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Dead or Alive 4 was my first DoA and it will remain my only if they don't add an easy mode. Is that really so much to ask?
Old 06-13-2010, 03:29 PM   #3
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Itagaki doesn't like easy games. It was actually against his desire to even have the easy mode added to Ninja Gaiden Black. To make up for it he ended up calling it Ninja Dog to make players feel bad for playing it. Than he went and added a mode that was ever harder than the original Hard mode like he wanted to.

But with Itagaki no longer working for Tecmo or making DOA or NG games, it's entirely likely that an easy mode will be added (or the difficulty overall decreased) so that more mainstream player can get involved in it. Sales are limited to the hardcore when the game is too hard to be fun. I think Tecmo would rather have more sales than more difficulty.

And I've been playing all of the games since the series was first conceived. Didn't care much for the first one, but two and three were amazing. (Especially the ultimate remake of 2 on Xbox.) Four was a fun but extremely unbalanced against the AI. The Xtreme spin-offs were fun as well, though limited. More of a time killer when you don't feel like getting involved in any major gaming for the evening.

Last edited by DarkReign2021; 06-13-2010 at 03:35 PM.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:00 AM   #4
SovietCrusade

SovietSanvich's Gamercard
A new DOA?

Nope.avi

SovietCrusade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:13 PM   #5
Nova Cypher

Nova Cypher's Gamercard
God i hope they do make a DOA5. DOA is one of the best fighting games ever in my opinion.
Nova Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:22 AM   #6
hydrosugar

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
no, just no...
Old 11-25-2010, 12:32 PM   #7
iamjohndean

Send a message via AIM to iamjohndean Send a message via Skype™ to iamjohndean

iamjohndean's Gamercard
I'm kind of stuck in the middle on this one, I like the fighting in the game and the graphics are amazing, but it's embarrassing having a game like that on the list, with the content of the games and all. Friends don't let friends play games with huge boobed, revealing girls in it, or do they.
iamjohndean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:23 PM   #8
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
After Soul Calibur, DOA is my fave fighting series!

So happy they've made this announcement!

RIP The Matt36, Rise MP NEMO36!
Matt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:40 PM   #9
sonicmark

sonicmark's Gamercard
Having played DOA4 heavily I'm in mixed feelings about it, on one hand I think it's great that a 5th installment is being made and the seasoned fighters are coming back for another brawl, and the achievements were pretty fun and gave a proper sense of achievement earning them.

HOWEVER, having played this game alot also put me against some of the most aggressive, un-sportsman, hating, raging, prejudiced gamers I have ever come across (I know you can get this across any game), and it seemed as though the people who played the online considered it a life and death situation, if you won, "you were using cheap moves all the time", if you lost, "you sucked because you don't know how to play this game".
sonicmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 07:34 AM   #10
Nei Debrusc

agundamdownhere's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicmark View Post
Having played DOA4 heavily I'm in mixed feelings about it, on one hand I think it's great that a 5th installment is being made and the seasoned fighters are coming back for another brawl, and the achievements were pretty fun and gave a proper sense of achievement earning them.

HOWEVER, having played this game alot also put me against some of the most aggressive, un-sportsman, hating, raging, prejudiced gamers I have ever come across (I know you can get this across any game), and it seemed as though the people who played the online considered it a life and death situation, if you won, "you were using cheap moves all the time", if you lost, "you sucked because you don't know how to play this game".
Wow, sorry to hear that. When I played online, everyone was pretty cool. I sucked at the game (took half an hour to beat Alpha with Ein...), but me and pretty much everyone I played with had a great time bantering. Only had one friend who owned the game, but all the randoms were really great. Seriously, probably some of the most fun I've had playing with randoms. And apparently, a guy with a Southern US accent sounds really funny saying "Oh bloody..." when getting countered. Experiences may vary.

Speaking of that friend, he introduced me to DOA4, let me play 3 and ultimate on his account, and he says he's not too hopeful for this game. Team Ninja is apparently screwing with Ninja Gaiden 3 by taking out all the weapons but the katana, so he doesn't know what'll happen with this game. I remain hopeful that the story mode will still be as high quality as it was in 4. And the more realistic breast sizes is also a plus. I might win more when I'm not distracted
4.29.2012 - 4000th achievement: Settlement Savior, Iron Brigade

You game for your reason, and I'll game for mine.
Nei Debrusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:47 PM   #11
breeh316

I James Breeh's Gamercard
this it is done finaly. i'm looking forward
breeh316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:17 AM   #12
Anime

Radiant Flames's Gamercard
I highly doubt that anybody would read this post, but I'm going to post it anyways. Dead or Alive 5 (DOA5) comes out 9/25/2012. My way of looking at Dead or Alive 4 would be good if the final boss (a.k.a Alpha-152) could be taken down a few notches, because I keep trying, but I keep losing if anybody have any good idea's/tips to beat Alpha-152 message me on the site or message me over xbox live.
Anime is offline   Reply With Quote