Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dead Island
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-12-2012, 06:15 PM   #121
Grimfel

Zombicidal RT's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elux View Post
If anyone has a level 50-60 modded "Defender of the Motherland" would they please dupe it for me?

Gamertag: Cannibalization
Also... you know this thread is about locations and not for you to ask for weapons?

Just making sure.

Retail Completed 100% - 22
Arcade Completed 100% - 12
Want to Grind - GoW:Judgement /Borderlands2/Tomb Raider
(No FR or Parties accepted without message)
LotRO - Grimfel - Member of the LONGBEARD LEGION!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NataSS Inc View Post
It makes my naughty bits tingle when I can do it on my own.

Last edited by Grimfel; 01-15-2012 at 11:51 PM. Reason: removed incorrect information
Grimfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:40 PM   #122
Sportsman11

sportsman11's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trash Man View Post
Golden Beach and Hotel can't be missed. So you should be fine.
Then I have no clue what I am missing, still 10/72.
Sportsman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:12 PM   #123
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsman11 View Post
Then I have no clue what I am missing, still 10/72.
Have you finished Act I? At the end of chapter 4 (very last quest) you will go to the Old Marina and Old Marina Workshop, which are the last two locations in the Resort.
Necrophage33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:13 PM   #124
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elux View Post
If anyone has a level 50-60 modded "Defender of the Motherland" would they please dupe it for me?

Gamertag: Cannibalization
I think you're in the wrong thread for that question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimfel View Post
You know the patch removed duping right?

Also... you know this thread is about locations and not for you to ask for weapons?

Just making sure.

The patch doesn't stop you from duping the "original" way. Drop weapon -> dashboard still works fine. I did it a couple days ago with a gun. All weapons can still be duped for others this way.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:24 AM   #125
DamagedWill

Send a message via AIM to DamagedWill

DamagedWill's Gamercard
Really nice guide! I just recently picked this back up and to my surprise I only missed two locations (Not counting the Gas Station since it counts twice)
Old 01-15-2012, 08:40 AM   #126
Venomized

Armoured Brecce's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
All 15 prison locations. More or less of the order too.

Canteen
Entrance
First Floor
Cell Block A
Armory
Second Floor
Warehouse
Kitchen
Basement
Cell Block B
ControlRoom
Sewers
Cell Block C
Main Room
Hospital

Venomized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:51 PM   #127
Grimfel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophage33 View Post
The patch doesn't stop you from duping the "original" way. Drop weapon -> dashboard still works fine. I did it a couple days ago with a gun. All weapons can still be duped for others this way.
Really? Wow... didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up Necro!

Quote:
Old 01-16-2012, 01:33 AM   #128
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomized View Post
All 15 prison locations. More or less of the order too.

Canteen
Entrance
First Floor
Cell Block A
Armory
Second Floor
Warehouse
Kitchen
Basement
Cell Block B
ControlRoom
Sewers
Cell Block C
Main Room
Hospital

Ok I'll throw them in. Couldn't hurt to have them in the guide too.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:13 AM   #129
Venomized

Armoured Brecce's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophage33 View Post
Ok I'll throw them in. Couldn't hurt to have them in the guide too.
there were other locations in the prison such as the bathroom and maybe 2 others, but they didnt count towards the achievement Progress.
Venomized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:16 AM   #130
WONSafbCROOKLYN

WONSAFBCROOKLYN's Gamercard
I finished the game a couple of hours ago with 100% an 71/72 locations and I thought I had looked over all the maps but the one area I had missed was at the bottom of moresby by a boat on the beach and it was a lil green I had passed right by there earlier in the game.I just went there and boom achivo unlocked
WONSafbCROOKLYN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:49 PM   #131
Sportsman11

sportsman11's Gamercard
I cannot find Dead Zone anywhere I have 56/72. But I only got one for the gas station, do I have to just restart my console for it to count twice? Thanks.

EDIT: I looked all through the Quarantine Zone, died many times too lol.
Sportsman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:32 AM   #132
Grimfel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONSafbCROOKLYN View Post
I finished the game a couple of hours ago with 100% an 71/72 locations and I thought I had looked over all the maps but the one area I had missed was at the bottom of moresby by a boat on the beach and it was a lil green I had passed right by there earlier in the game.I just went there and boom achivo unlocked
Probably the most missed area in the entire game... Since nothing specifically leads you down there...

Quote:
Old 01-20-2012, 02:32 AM   #133
Alemon

PSYCO ALEMON's Gamercard
thanks for the guide. I had 71/72 and after read the guide I tried to go to blue areas. Exactly the first (riverside) was the missing one.
Alemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:22 AM   #134
anno1404

Maps

In the original posting you mentioned you said:

I will hopefully/eventually add maps with the locations pointed out when I find some blank maps I can use.

the best possible quality maps can be found here:

http://deadislandwiki.com/wiki/Maps

Just attribute our wiki if you use them.

I would be happy to help you. I have attempted to figure out the exact location of every spot in the game.

http://deadislandwiki.com/wiki/Template:Locations
anno1404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:19 PM   #135
TheRealClayman

I see you mentioned co-op can screw things up. I'm not to far in to the game, just completing the hotel and getting the truck. But i have only played co-op to this point. For a place like the hotel, will I be able to go back in if I just play SP and acquire the locations or will I only be able to do this by starting a new game? Thanks.
TheRealClayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:12 PM   #136
Necrophage33

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by anno1404 View Post
In the original posting you mentioned you said:

I will hopefully/eventually add maps with the locations pointed out when I find some blank maps I can use.

the best possible quality maps can be found here:

http://deadislandwiki.com/wiki/Maps

Just attribute our wiki if you use them.

I would be happy to help you. I have attempted to figure out the exact location of every spot in the game.

http://deadislandwiki.com/wiki/Template:Locations
These are your maps that I have your permission to use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealClayman View Post
I see you mentioned co-op can screw things up. I'm not to far in to the game, just completing the hotel and getting the truck. But i have only played co-op to this point. For a place like the hotel, will I be able to go back in if I just play SP and acquire the locations or will I only be able to do this by starting a new game? Thanks.
I'm not sure if you can go all the way back through the hotel after you've played it, but worst case scenario is that you replay Chapter 3 with your same profile and can replay the story mission where you go through the hotel.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:24 AM   #137
LyingFigure

Holm55's Gamercard
Okay, I'm almost pulling my hair out here. I had 56/72 locations discovered even before I had checked with this list, and I visited the places on the list that I thought I had missed, but still I haven't found it. I've done the dashboard thing with the gas station a couple of times, so it isn't that. I've skimmed the beaches in Moresby and visited every possible green spots of the map. I've also only played it single player - So i'm hoping that someone has any suggestions for places for me to try before I head out to the prison?
LyingFigure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:11 AM   #138
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Them links for the locations were great. I'm pickin up the game again now I'm getting internet again. Just need the locations achievement and level 50 for offline, then onto some co op

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:46 AM   #139
iiPaDFooT

its xluigi's Gamercard
did all the location names change or something? i'm running around in Act 2 and i'm unlocking locations, the number is going up one at a time, but i can't find half of them on the list. Supermarket District, Queenscliffe, are 2 that i remember off the top of my head. but there were at least 5 of them i've hit so far that unlocked a number but are not on the list.
iiPaDFooT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:21 PM   #140
BrinkX

brinkx69's Gamercard
Location tracker for "There and Back Again" is still BUGGY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyingFigure View Post
Okay, I'm almost pulling my hair out here. I had 56/72 locations discovered even before I had checked with this list, and I visited the places on the list that I thought I had missed, but still I haven't found it. I've done the dashboard thing with the gas station a couple of times, so it isn't that. I've skimmed the beaches in Moresby and visited every possible green spots of the map. I've also only played it single player - So i'm hoping that someone has any suggestions for places for me to try before I head out to the prison?

Last night was confirmation for me that this problem still exists slightly
. I had 57/72 locations, but my coop buddy had 56/72 like you had. We did all the same things that you said and visited EVERY POSSIBLE place we could think of. We even went as far as me starting up some of my other characters so that he could go through the hotel again or visit the police station missions again. But we still could not find the last location before moving on to the Prison.

Well my friend had read somewhere yesterday that a guy had the same amount of missions he had (56/72) and that because of the glitch, he needed to just move on. So we spent another 2 hours checking everything we could think of on all 3 maps and still nothing. So we went ahead with this guy's suggestion and moved on to the Prison. VIOLA, when the first progress tracker for "There and Back Again" popped up for us in the first part of the prison... both of us were at 58/72. Yes!

We both finished the Prison last night and both of us got the achievement. This location tracker is still buggy! So if you feel that you have double-checked everything and you are positive that you have been everywhere according to the "Location" guides, my suggestion would be to make a copy of your save file to the Cloud and then just move on to the Prison. Immediately pay attention to see what the location tracker says you are at and chances are you will pick up the missing location. Worked for us.

BrinkX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:19 AM   #141
KingsGambit08

Kingsgambit08's Gamercard
Just to reassure anyone reading this. I started with this guide somewhere mid-Jungle. I made sure to have 55 before the Moresby Gas Station. I went there.... and only had 56. Read a post here that said it'll fix at the prison so I went there... had 57. Thought I was screwed. Gave up for the day. Turned it back on next day, there it was, hit the hospital and got the achievement. So, before panicking, might want to exit and come back or turn off entirely and come back. Just glad it works, however glitchy it is.
KingsGambit08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:53 AM   #142
rteruyas

rteruyas's Gamercard
Awesome guide

Great help guys,
Took me 2 months to realize that I was missing a location inside hotel (Ambulatory)
Lesson learned: 1st playthrough solo, then get some mates to complete missions.

Thank you again!
rteruyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #143
Truegooner87

SladeKraven's Gamercard
Hi guys, I only started playing a few days back so I'd have got that patch dated end of last year but I'm stuck on 71/72. Not too sure what to do, I tried the quitting out at the gas station to return me back there but it returned me inside Stan's house which was the quest I was doing before reading this thread. Any ideas on how to make it 71/71 rather than 71/72?

Cheers
Truegooner87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:32 PM   #144
Grimfel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truegooner87 View Post
Hi guys, I only started playing a few days back so I'd have got that patch dated end of last year but I'm stuck on 71/72. Not too sure what to do, I tried the quitting out at the gas station to return me back there but it returned me inside Stan's house which was the quest I was doing before reading this thread. Any ideas on how to make it 71/71 rather than 71/72?

Cheers
You need 72/72 anyways... go to bloodbath arena... that should tick off the 72nd for you...

Quote:
Old 05-21-2012, 05:03 PM   #145
Truegooner87

SladeKraven's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimfel View Post
You need 72/72 anyways... go to bloodbath arena... that should tick off the 72nd for you...
I was in a friends game, can't recall which area but it's unlocked now, cheers man.
Truegooner87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:58 PM   #146
Grimfel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truegooner87 View Post
I was in a friends game, can't recall which area but it's unlocked now, cheers man.
Awesome. Glad you got it. Cheers!

Quote:
Old 05-29-2012, 02:25 AM   #147
McDurbin

llDurbinll's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
So since I beat the game before reading this guide, can I just load up chapter 15 and get the missing areas I need?

Edit: I went on and tested it. I started a new game with the character I beat the game with and loaded up chapter 15 and was able to get the missing locations.

Extremely Serious
Check out my video guide for South Park:Tenorman's Revenge. Gold Time and collectibles,Click Here

Last edited by McDurbin; 06-03-2012 at 05:33 PM.
McDurbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:33 AM   #148
BRUNOM4RTINS

BRUNOM4RTINS's Gamercard
Help

I'm stuck on 71/72. Played the WHOLE GAME patched and ALONE. I dunno what to do. I don't wanna delete my index save file and restart the entire game again just for this trophy (PS3 version). Can anyone help me? Maybe the bloodbath arena counts as 1? I'd rather buy the DLC than spend 40+ hours in the game again. Anyone?
BRUNOM4RTINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:14 PM   #149
DerEnglaender

MakeMeACoffee's Gamercard
yeah this thing is glitchy as hell. played act 1 solo. every side quest. trawled the map. looked at the guide couple times. 17 locations. -.-

DerEnglaender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:11 PM   #150
The Dave

Firstly, thanks for all the effort you've taken to put this guide together OP, I was running in circles in the Jungle stuck at 70/72 until I happened across this guide.

Secondly, my final two locations were different to the ones I've seen posted over and over here, so if you're out of ideas, try these: #6 - Diamond District and #24 - Nick's Hub.
The Dave is offline   Reply With Quote