PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Card and Board > Full House Poker
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-24-2012, 03:10 AM   #31
Crash Geom

Crash Geom's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamayamayaamaa View Post
I also averaged about 20 per game. I just put my arcade stick with B (fold) on turbo. I'll try it with Y (all in) next and see if that is faster.
The only problem with All-In Turbo Y method is Y doesn't do anything if they bet more money than you have. You have to call for it to continue. More of a problem on the Single & Double diamond tables.
Crash Geom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:21 PM   #32
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
i do notice the new achievements do not say what season they are related to. So even if it's not retroactive, you should be able to get this next season as well.

120+ sessions is still too much.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:25 PM   #33
Son of Kyuss

Son of Kyuss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejay View Post
i do notice the new achievements do not say what season they are related to. So even if it's not retroactive, you should be able to get this next season as well.
I'm thinking this is the case too seeing as no one, as far as I know, has unlocked it yet.

It would be ridiculous to try and play 2.5k hands in one season only since not everyone would be able to attend all the sessions needed or get enough hands in due to people purposefully delaying the game and what not. Hopefully this is the case and Krome continues to add these kinds of achievements rather than tying them to seasons.

Son of Kyuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:13 PM   #34
simmias

simmias42's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Kyuss View Post
Hopefully this is the case and Krome continues to add these kinds of achievements rather than tying them to seasons.
No, hopefully this game freaking dies. These last two rounds of achievements have been ridiculous with the 10,000 hands and 2,500 hands of Texas Heat. I'm waiting for a royal flush achievement to be next at this rate.
simmias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:44 PM   #35
Son of Kyuss

Son of Kyuss's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmias View Post
No, hopefully this game freaking dies.
My theory was that they just wanted to bring it up to 400G total to fit with the new arcade standard, but I have feeling we won't see the end till it hits 800G.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:30 PM   #36
Crash Geom

Crash Geom's Gamercard
Quote:
No, hopefully this game freaking dies. These last two rounds of achievements have been ridiculous with the 10,000 hands and 2,500 hands of Texas Heat. I'm waiting for a royal flush achievement to be next at this rate.
I don't think the 10,000 hands achievement is ridiculous at all. It is if you don't play Fullhouse Poker much I assume. Even then - standard game against 10 players - Sit out and you'll get it in no time. I had around 13,000 hands when this DLC came out. If you play in tournaments, you'll get 50-200 hands heads up against a calling station when the blinds are still ridiculously low.

You know the original Texas Hold'em game - the achievement was getting 1 of every single poker hand. Now that was ridiculous. Royal Flush is like 0.00015% and that's assuming every hand makes it to the river.

Last edited by Crash Geom; 09-25-2012 at 10:45 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:45 PM   #37
simmias

simmias42's Gamercard
OK, so you don't think playing 10,000 hands is ridiculous. But can we agree that an achievement that requires you to play 50-60 hours of a tournament that's only available twice a week during specific times is ridiculous?
Old 09-26-2012, 01:25 AM   #38
TerminalHate

Is anyone else having problems of being seated at 100% AI tables with DLC? I've read it happened with previous DLC, but couldn't find anything on this season...
TerminalHate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:28 AM   #39
simmias

simmias42's Gamercard
How is that a problem? That's what you want so you can get more hands in.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:30 AM   #40
TerminalHate

I guess so, I just like playing against the human player whilst trying for the winning 1,000,000 chips in one hand achievement, I never know what the AI has. They play wild and unpredictable poker and I cn't bet accordingly.
TerminalHate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:07 AM   #41
Mr Magic

mr blackmagik's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I posted this on PlayXBLA. Probably wont do anything but its worth a try.
http://playxbla.com/ee/forums/viewthread/860/
Old 09-26-2012, 07:37 AM   #42
Crash Geom

Crash Geom's Gamercard
Quote:
OK, so you don't think playing 10,000 hands is ridiculous. But can we agree that an achievement that requires you to play 50-60 hours of a tournament that's only available twice a week during specific times is ridiculous?
Of course that's ridiculous which is why I didn't mention it in my other post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminalHate View Post
I guess so, I just like playing against the human player whilst trying for the winning 1,000,000 chips in one hand achievement, I never know what the AI has. They play wild and unpredictable poker and I cn't bet accordingly.
Get a friend who also needs that achievement. Start a private game. Both Buy in for 250k. Now 1 person loses 9 times and your friend should have 2.25m. Rebuy for 250K. Win until you have 1m. Win that hand. You get achievement. Have your friend rebuy. Lose it all to friend. Now your friend gets the achievement.

Last edited by Crash Geom; 09-26-2012 at 07:41 AM.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:37 AM   #43
Gunstar Red

Gunstar Red's Gamercard

I decided to keep a running total of my Texas Heat hands played since they decided not to include any type of counter. I suggest others do the same to save your sanity.

I was able to do all 12 sessions on both Saturday and Tuesday, and now have roughly 520 hands played after 24 total sessions. I got somewhat lucky in that I was at tables with less than 3 humans allowing me to get in almost 25 hands per session. Even more lucky when I got a bully AI or human who forces everyone to fold constantly.

I think we've all given up hope that it's retroactive since at least one person should have gotten it by now if it was.

Last edited by Gunstar Red; 09-26-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Gunstar Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:49 PM   #44
Crash Geom

Crash Geom's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunstar Red View Post
I decided to keep a running total of my Texas Heat hands played since they decided not to include any type of counter. I suggest others do the same to save your sanity.

I was able to do all 12 sessions on both Saturday and Tuesday, and now have roughly 520 hands played after 24 total sessions. I got somewhat lucky in that I was at tables with less than 3 humans allowing me to get in almost 25 hands per session. Even more lucky when I got a bully AI or human who forces everyone to fold constantly.

I think we've all given up hope that it's retroactive since at least one person should have gotten it by now if it was.
Nice keep up the good work.

Quick question if you're sitting out when demoted to a lower Diamond Table or you still sitting out? I suppose it doesn't really matter since you'll auto sit-out after 3 hands, but just curious.

Leaving this link here for my reference:
http://www.trueachievements.com/a167...chievement.htm

Last edited by Crash Geom; 09-26-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:22 PM   #45
Son of Kyuss

Son of Kyuss's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Geom View Post
Quick question if you're sitting out when demoted to a lower Diamond Table or you still sitting out? I suppose it doesn't really matter since you'll auto sit-out after 3 hands, but just curious.
Yup, you'll still be sitting out even when you get demoted. Though I think your controller will vibrate to let you know you've been knocked down to a different table since I had it do that while sitting out.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:06 AM   #46
Crash Geom

Crash Geom's Gamercard
I'm going to laugh so hard if this achievement is broken when one of you get it.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:56 PM   #47
Gunstar Red

Gunstar Red's Gamercard

Well, if the achievement is NOT retroactive, and someone were to get in the absolute most possible hands per session, somewhere between 30 to 35 hands per heat (35 was my personal record I got only once), and played every single Tuesday and Saturday session, the very earliest logistically possible date to first unlock this will be October 13.

We should start seeing several really dedicated achievement hunters or FHP players have this by October 20 with an average of 20 hands.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:25 PM   #48
FarmerJay

FrmerJakMehauf's Gamercard
Quote:
Nice keep up the good work.

Leaving this link here for my reference:
yes, but when you start the next game, you will not be sitting out at the start. But as you said... After about 3 hands you will be automatically sitting out. When you are demoted, I know it vibrates and gives you a few seconds to use your life saver, but you will still be sitting out.
FarmerJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:07 AM   #49
Crash Geom

Crash Geom's Gamercard
Someone just got the Texas Heat achievement. So I guess that answers the question of whether your previous hands counts or not.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:13 PM   #50
Son of Kyuss

Son of Kyuss's Gamercard

Quote:
Someone just got the Texas Heat achievement. So I guess that answers the question of whether your previous hands counts or not.

That guy modded his gamerscore. He unlocked all the 2011 Texas Heat Seasons achievements as well as the the 2,500 hands achievements offline.

Old 09-30-2012, 06:51 PM   #51
Crash Geom

Crash Geom's Gamercard
Oh that's lame. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:27 AM   #52
Infamous Chris

We should report his ass.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:13 PM   #53
Gunstar Red

Gunstar Red's Gamercard

I had to go down about 20 people on the global leaderboard, but finally did find someone with this achievement, but not the Spring 2011 ones, so might be legit. FH Poker is pretty much the only game she plays. And why would she only cheat some of the achievements but not all of them?

No one on TA has it yet, but those members likely only play the bare minimum of games until they unlock all the achievements then never touch it again.

I'll confirm for sure if it's not retroactive when I pop it since I have been keeping an exact count of my Heat hands since the DLC came out. If it pops well before I hit 2500 then it's retro, if it doesn't, then it probably is not retro. So far I am up to 844 hands played since the DLC was released.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:19 PM   #54
Crash Geom

Crash Geom's Gamercard
I have some potentially bad news. This week's Avatar Famestar Challenge - Play 20 hands of Texas Heat. For the first session I sat out for 40 hands and didn't finish this challenge. It wasn't until I started playing hands that I was able to finish it. So food for thought.

It's affecting "Hands Played" but maybe not the Texas Heat Hands Played counter.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:18 AM   #55
Son of Kyuss

Son of Kyuss's Gamercard

Quote:
I have some potentially bad news. This week's Avatar Famestar Challenge - Play 20 hands of Texas Heat. For the first session I sat out for 40 hands and didn't finish this challenge. It wasn't until I started playing hands that I was able to finish it. So food for thought.

It's affecting "Hands Played" but maybe not the Texas Heat Hands Played counter.
I'd assume it doesn't count towards the Challenge since they wouldn't want to make it a freebie by letting people just sit out. People were sitting out to get the 10k hands done and it popped up for them.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:10 PM   #56
simmias

simmias42's Gamercard
Two people on TA have it now. One got it retroactively, and it looks legit. The other got it today. TA Ratio of 28.3 for the achievement
Old 10-10-2012, 07:08 AM   #57
Gunstar Red

Gunstar Red's Gamercard

I also think it is partially retroactive now from what I've seen of who has this. Since the Summer 2012 DLC came out, it has actually been logistically impossible to play 2500 hands of Heat even if you played every session so far.

I played a ton of Heat when the game first came out in Spring 2011, so most of my Heat hands were from that period. Several people I've found on the leaderboard who have this do NOT have any of the Spring 2011 achievements. So I am guessing that what Wimp Lo on TA suggested is true in that only the more recent seasons count. I am up to 1250 hands of Summer 2012 Heat and have 15,000 total hands played, so looks like most of my early Heat didn't count.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:00 AM   #58
Dr Akula

dr akuia's Gamercard
I can confirm this achievement is partially retroactive. I just got the achievement and I played about 1700 hands since the achievement was added. I am thinking it started counting from about the time famestar was added to the game.
Dr Akula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:34 PM   #59
xcrimsonlegendx

xcrimsonlegendx's Gamercard
Sorry for being incredibly late to this party but after a year of not playing this game I come back to find new achievements that are apparently tied to the seasons of Texas heat that haven't been updated for ages.

Needless to say I spazzed out thinking I had missed them but I can see that they're still in my list. Did they give up on the timed achievement thing? Are these "new" achievements going to stick around?
xcrimsonlegendx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:33 AM   #60
tunaleg

Tunaleg's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcrimsonlegendx View Post
Sorry for being incredibly late to this party but after a year of not playing this game I come back to find new achievements that are apparently tied to the seasons of Texas heat that haven't been updated for ages.

Needless to say I spazzed out thinking I had missed them but I can see that they're still in my list. Did they give up on the timed achievement thing? Are these "new" achievements going to stick around?
The achievements added this year are not timed. Thankfully we don't have to play up to 10,000 hands in two months
tunaleg is offline   Reply With Quote