Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-25-2012, 11:30 PM   #1
Grohlvana

grohlvana's Gamercard
Jimmy Jenkins Discussion Thread

Solution

F8L Fool at our sister site PS3Trophies.org has found a method to find Jimmy Jenkins

-> How To Find Jimmy Jenkins

*Clueless* EDITED

Last edited by * Clueless *; 10-03-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Grohlvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:12 AM   #2
luke391

Send a message via AIM to luke391 Send a message via Skype™ to luke391

Admiral Vic's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grohlvana View Post
Well when I here "his spawn is completely random" and then a billion people saying "I found him in X box in WP/Opportunity" that makes me think certain things may cause him to spawn in a specific place.

With this Achievement being able to be unlocked now by people finding out how, I would like to think someone can come up with a spot to best look for JJ.
It's a domino effect... the guidebook says to go to that spot, so someone goes there and finds him at some point. After someone asks, person A says he found him there. People who know how to search see the post and try it out for their self. After X period they find him, which leads to several people claiming that he spawns there. Realistically, you have the same odds of finding him at any of those places (perhaps all of Pandora), so pick a place and farm.

Also, heres proof of me killing him at Heroes Pass

luke391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:14 AM   #3
h311i0n

h311i0n's Gamercard
Quote:
Can you tell me where that is? As in, how far down Hero's Pass? I've noticed people seem to be finding him in the same boxes, so if I could find that locker I think I might have a better shot.
Right before the broken bridge I think.

Quote:
Do you remember which specific box or group of boxes? It seems he only spawns in certain boxes, hence many people finding him in the group of four cardboard boxes in the Skagg room in the Wildlife Preserve.
He wasnt in a box a buddy and I were killing off robots and we turned the corner and there he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerman1469 View Post
Wth everyone is finding him lol, Are you guys playing on your 1st play or 2nd play-though? Probably doesn't matter.. but at this point I'll try anything to get him to spawn.
1st playthrough when i saw him

Last edited by * Clueless *; 10-03-2012 at 02:33 PM.
h311i0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:53 AM   #4
chicken10der

I just now finally had him pop out of a Hyperion ammo box after 4 hours of farming the orbital delivery zone in opportunity, and that was after an entire playthrough (with all side missions and maps completed) of opening every kind of box I ever came across and spending about 2 hours last night farming the wildlife preserve cardboard boxes with no luck.

That's some bullshit spawn rate.
chicken10der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:12 AM   #5
IC3 L3G3ND

DoTP Tamiyo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken10der View Post
I just now finally had him pop out of a Hyperion ammo box after 4 hours of farming the orbital delivery zone in opportunity, and that was after an entire playthrough (with all side missions and maps completed) of opening every kind of box I ever came across and spending about 2 hours last night farming the wildlife preserve cardboard boxes with no luck.

Is this faster than running the Wildlife Preserve? i want to make the runs faster to increase the odds and i guess there is more things to check in opportunity
IC3 L3G3ND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:26 AM   #6
Grohlvana

grohlvana's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC3 L3G3ND View Post
Is this faster than running the Wildlife Preserve? i want to make the runs faster to increase the odds and i guess there is more things to check in opportunity
Definitely, there's a ton of those yellow little ammo boxes if, when you spawn in Opportunity, you go to the left into the construction area.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:01 AM   #7
Powerman1469

PowerMan1469's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken10der View Post

Were you just opening a certain few boxes in that area and reloading it? or just opening all of them in the "orbital delivery zone"

Last edited by Powerman1469; 09-26-2012 at 04:07 AM.
Powerman1469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:03 AM   #8
1001puppys
Queen's Final Reign

Send a message via Skype™ to 1001puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
I've spent 2 hours in the wildlife preserve, and then 4 full chest runs of Hero's pass, nothing.

Going to be moving to Opportunity I guess, its just getting old.

10,000 achievements obtained 6/24/14 with Maximum Efficiency - WET!
1001puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:20 AM   #9
GuidoNGR

dontVanek's Gamercard
Heard he has a 100% rate of appearing during the mission for Bloodwing.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:58 AM   #10
Gageamatron

gageamatron's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoNGR View Post
Heard he has a 100% rate of appearing during the mission for Bloodwing.
You heard wrong.

Gageamatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:12 AM   #11
fallout frank

IIX DBO XII's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageamatron View Post
You heard wrong.
Yep, lol.

When I first did that mission each of the cardboard boxes spat out one of the mini robots but none of them where jimmy jenkins
fallout frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:25 AM   #12
Obama bin laggn

bin Laggn lives's Gamercard
He will def spawn in the bloodwing mission, I was was playing coop and did not get the kill. I kept goin between opportunity and wildlife opening EVERY box. I did this for prob 5 hrs lol and got at least 8-10 loot midget before JJ pooped outta a box next to a loot midget right dead center of the map in opp. Bam! Achievement! 1k! Woot! So just random luck I would say
Obama bin laggn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:05 PM   #13
JONBLEACH

Bleach x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
A buddy and I are doung Jimmy J runs right now, WLP and Hero Pass. This is getting old and we only have done them 4 times each so far. We cant even get any loot midgets to spawn outta the boxes in the perserve either
Gamertag: Bleach x360a
JONBLEACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:06 PM   #14
Mr Stoat

Mr Stoat's Gamercard
One thing I have noticed when trying to find him in Opportunity is that the loot midgets/wee loaders always seem to pop out of the same boxes. I'm wondering if instead of there being a chance of his spawn in every box in the game, he only has a chance to spawn in a set number of specific boxes.
Mr Stoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:08 PM   #15
IC3 L3G3ND

DoTP Tamiyo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Im farming heros pass right now, definitely the fastest one imo. i think twice per minute as opposed to stupid wildlife, had a few loot midgets so far
IC3 L3G3ND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:05 PM   #16
Mr Stoat

Mr Stoat's Gamercard
Ok I just got him by farming the boxes behind the second set of barriers leading to the construction site in opportunity. A loot midget/loader can pop from either of the boxes and one time I had a spawn from both.

If I get another when I am going through my 2nd playthrough and powerman/ic3/whoever still needs him I'll get you into my game.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:33 PM   #17
J4ckyb0y1

Ix J4ckyb0y xI's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Stoat View Post
Ok I just got him by farming the boxes behind the second set of barriers leading to the construction site in opportunity. A loot midget/loader can pop from either of the boxes and one time I had a spawn from both.
Were those the only ones you farmed? Been opening all of them in that general area, and waxing all the engineers.

So far only one behind the 2nd barrier had a loot bot.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:36 PM   #18
Grohlvana

grohlvana's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4ckyb0y1 View Post
Were those the only ones you farmed? Been opening all of them in that general area, and waxing all the engineers.

Alright I'm definitely sure there's only certain boxes he can spawn in. The two behind the barrier the dude you're quoting was talking about, also I found loot midgets in one box on the far right of that zone, and then the four cardboard boxes in the Skag room in the WLP. I have found mini loaders and midgets in all of these, but still no JJ.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:38 PM   #19
JONBLEACH

Bleach x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4ckyb0y1 View Post

I wish i knew which barriers you and the other guy are talking about.
Im willing to farm all day long for this as this is the last quest level 1 i need for the achievement.
If anyone can show me this area it wud be awesome, my gtag is:
Bleach x360a
Gamertag: Bleach x360a
JONBLEACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:42 PM   #20
Grohlvana

grohlvana's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBLEACH View Post
I wish i knew which barriers you and the other guy are talking about.
Im willing to farm all day long for this as this is the last quest level 1 i need for the achievement.
If anyone can show me this area it wud be awesome, my gtag is:
Bleach x360a
I know you just added me but it's really easy to find and fast to farm:

Go to Opportunity, then hug the left and you should see two barriers in the middle of where you're going. You can see the area where they are from the spawn. Both have a "Hard Hat Required" yellow sign by them. You want the second one, behind it are two of those boxes and a smaller one. Those two boxes can spawn JJ, I just got two loaders in a row.

EDIT: 3 in a row now. The "Loot Wee Loader" or whatever.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:42 PM   #21
J4ckyb0y1

Yea, I had a feeling certain box's have been flagged for him to spawn. Pure speculation on my part, but guessing any box that spawns a loot bot can spawn JJ as an ultra rare. Would explain why he is spotted in only certain locations.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:42 PM   #22
x13FISHx

x13FISHx's Gamercard
I'd like to know which barriers as well in Opportunity. I know which boxes to check in The Wildlife Preserve, but not in the city.
x13FISHx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:48 PM   #23
Grohlvana

grohlvana's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by x13FISHx View Post
I'd like to know which barriers as well in Opportunity. I know which boxes to check in The Wildlife Preserve, but not in the city.
Read my last post to Bleach.

These two boxes are really fast to farm, and at least for me one usually contains a loot midget or wee loader.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:49 PM   #24
J4ckyb0y1

Quote:
Look up a few posts. Grohlvana gave directions.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #25
Grohlvana

grohlvana's Gamercard
Quote:
Ok i see what u mean, behind the 2nd barrier is 2 ammo boxes and the smaller which holds money. Which playthru do i need to do it on. ive been trying my runs on normal so theyd be easier though i am lvl 50.
This shouldn't matter but I've been doing it on normal since I haven't gotten to Opportunity on TVH mode yet.

Quote:
Yeah so im doing it on normal too.
So far ive gotten 2 loot migets and 1 jet guy.
So is it true where ever mini loot dudes spawn, there is the slight chance for JJ to aswell?
Well I've scoured the internet and from what I can tell, it seems any chest a loot midget or wee loader can spawn in can also spawn JJ. This opportunity one (and it seems to be only the right ammo box for me) is just the fastest to farm from what I've seen.

Last edited by * Clueless *; 10-03-2012 at 02:40 PM. Reason: merged convo
Old 09-26-2012, 08:21 PM   #26
Mr Stoat

Mr Stoat's Gamercard
Sorry I didn't respond got busy with something. In answer to all the questions. From the spawn point head east towards the construction area past the statue. You will go down a ramp and there are two barriers. Behind each set of barriers there are 3 boxes. The loot midgets spawn behind the 2nd barrier (furthest one away)

What I did was run to the 2nd barrier, open the boxes and then quit and repeated. For extra clarification I am at the end of my 1st playthrough (final boss killed). This method just seemed the quickest to me.

I'm pretty sure as grohl has suggested that any box that can spawn a loot midget has a chance to spawn Jenkins. I think it seems to work in the same way as chubby variants which are an extra rare badass.

Quote:
So you have found and killed him this way? Just trying to 100% confirm it.

And @ above (FISH) yes.
Yes thats how I found Jenkins a couple of hours ago. I started by just opening everything in Opportunity but noticed that the loot bots always spawned in the same few boxes around opportunity, so just figured to farm the two closest ones would be the most efficient.

So I just ended up running to those boxes behind that wall from spawning, opening them, then quit/save and continue.

Quote:
You might have said it in your previous post but I'm already in the reply screen (lol) so do you have any estimation on how long it took you once you started farming that way?
I think it took me about 3hours, which isn't all that long in the grand scheme of achievement grinding. Obviously its still all down to luck though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Report Fast View Post
Are you finished with the main quest? It seems like if your on the quest for the area it helps, from what I can tell.
I had finished with the main quest, and I do get the feeling that for whatever reason being on the main quest helps, but its just a gut feeling.

Quote:
The two dividing walls in he hall way? I was looking for some sort of force field out in the construction area.
Yes there are 2 low walls in the tunnel sloped downwards towards the construction area. The 2nd wall has the boxes behind it you will need.

Last edited by * Clueless *; 10-03-2012 at 02:42 PM. Reason: merged convo
Old 09-26-2012, 08:42 PM   #27
J4ckyb0y1

Only 30 runs, but got 2 loot bots and a midget. The search for JJ will continue after lunch
Old 09-26-2012, 08:43 PM   #28
Report Fast

Report Fast's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Stoat View Post
Yes thats how I found Jenkins a couple of hours ago. I started by just opening everything in Opportunity but noticed that the loot bots always spawned in the same few boxes around opportunity, so just figured to farm the two closest ones would be the most efficient.

So I just ended up running to those boxes behind that wall from spawning, opening them, then quit/save and continue.
Are you finished with the main quest? It seems like if your on the quest for the area it helps, from what I can tell.

Retail 100% (47)
Arcade 100% (19)
67% Completion Ratio

as of 1/22/2013
Report Fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #29
x13FISHx

x13FISHx's Gamercard
Anyone have a screen shot?

---------------

I have yet to have anything appear.

Last edited by * Clueless *; 10-03-2012 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Double Post. Next time use Edit. ;)
x13FISHx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:00 PM   #30
Report Fast

Report Fast's Gamercard
To everyone who is still trying for this I think I found the best place in the game for this if the opportunity spot is not working for you, like it wasn't for me. On the wildlife map if you have the creature dome DLC, go in and leave and you will spawn right outside there every time you quit and reload. The loot bots will spawn in the 2 ammo boxes in the corner of the room. I have been doing it for about 15 minutes and got multiple loot bots to spawn already. Sorry if this was already posted but I didn't see it anywhere.

Retail 100% (47)
Arcade 100% (19)
67% Completion Ratio

as of 1/22/2013
Report Fast is offline   Reply With Quote