PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Card and Board > Pinball FX 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-05-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
AttorneyAtLaw

Send a message via AIM to AttorneyAtLaw

AttorneyAtLaw's Gamercard
A legend returns

Someone must know how to do this achievement. Is it just shaking the table as Captain's ball is about to drain down the side lane? I did that and it didnt work.
AttorneyAtLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:53 PM   #2
SUGA CC

SUGA CC's Gamercard
when the ball is about to drain you have to click the left stick up at the right time. here is a video on youtube showing you how to do it
SUGA CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:59 PM   #3
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I see the video but it'll take me some time to get that down. At least now I have an idea of what to do. Doing it is the trick aka problem. Thanks for the video too!

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:27 AM   #4
SUGA CC

SUGA CC's Gamercard
no problem and good luck
SUGA CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:37 AM   #5
deathchant

T0rtureTactics's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
As the ball is going down the outline, bump the table up when the ball is at the beginning of the flipper. it depends on the speed, but that usually works for me. I did it 5 timed on this table before it finally recognized it and rewarded me with the achievement.

deathchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:32 AM   #6
Wildmn34

Wildmn34's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It's not as hard as you think. It takes a little practice. I remember when I learned what the achievement was I was like... aw crap. But I got it within 5 or 6 tries.

Now, I actually use that method once in awhile playing that table (and others) for that matter. It's a great way to save the ball if you can get the hang of it.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:31 PM   #7
Shelder

Shelder's Gamercard
What is going on with this, I just did it twice and still no achievement. :/
Shelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:25 AM   #8
Shabba
Banned User

This is not easy, for along time I thought it just wouldn't work, having many many attempts. That video is misleading it looks so simple on there, it is quite hard. The captain ball just doesn't bounce when traveling down the outlanes.

The way I made the achievement and the ball bounce back was having it go out the centre of the table not into the hole, but with it hitting the outlane. Upon it hitting the outlane, I nudged immediately and the ball sprung right back like a jack in the box and achievement. This is the only time I have seen that captain america ball bounce with a nudge. I would question that if this ball is suppose to bounce then surely this skill could be used with nudge anywhere on the table? Try it for yourself it just doesn't bounce questioning it altogether?

Although in fairness I have problems using the LS stick as a nudge over specific key's. When I did this I used the directional pad UP key. I couldn't get it to work having it go down the side outlanes that ball would never bounce back, like on the video through that method.

Last edited by Shabba; 09-26-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Shabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:13 PM   #9
Kinkimono

Kinkii Mono's Gamercard
It's all about practise. I made the video and sure it does look easier than what it is but it's not as hard as people think either. Just that most games are too easy nowadays so people aren't used to actually having to learn something. That doesn't mean that the achievement is easy for people not used to doing this. but once you learn you will managed to do it more often than you fail.
Kinkimono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:02 AM   #10
SandpiperN121PP

Sandpiper121PP's Gamercard
So do you just have to move the left stick up as it is going down the chute... and does it matter how quickly you push it upwards? I have been trying for several weeks now... and it is quite frustrating for sure!
SandpiperN121PP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:12 AM   #11
SandpiperN121PP

Sandpiper121PP's Gamercard
Well that was nice... right after I posted this... I went and played the game again... and got the achievement. Now time to move on to other tables!
SandpiperN121PP is offline   Reply With Quote