PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 05:11 PM   #31
niko da bos
 
niko da bos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: milky way galaxy, planet earth.
Posts: 3,537

asari command0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
No, man, you're just a part of the system. You're like some government pig, man. 343 is trying to take our hard-earned money and we don't even get that sweet eagle emblem. I paid $99 for and eagle emblem, this is bullshit.

343?
morelike
$4$
lol lovin the $4$!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
This whole "pre-order here to get this" and "buy this version to get this" thing is just one big clusterfuck. Even the developers and publishers seem to be unable to keep it straight. I sure as hell have no idea what I've got on the way.
^^
All I know is I have the regular edition pre-ordered at Best-Buy, the LE version pre-ordered at Gamestop, the Special Edition 360 pre-ordered at Gamestop, the UNSC controller and the $60 Triton headset pre-ordered at Gamestop (do those even come with codes? Wouldn't be surprised if they did.)
i like how you said you have no idea, then proceeded to explain exactly what you are getting! lol, tbh the more they announce the more i get confused. all i have is LE pre-order at gamestop, i know i get the game thats enough for me heh.
niko da bos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:12 PM   #32
xydz
 
xydz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 88

XyDz Matt's Gamercard
wait, wait, wait


so to get all the armour

console
LE
and standard


seem worth it
__________________
xydz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:10 PM   #33
Vectorman953
 
Vectorman953's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Posts: 448

Zombie Gary Oak's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xydz View Post
wait, wait, wait


so to get all the armour

console
LE
and standard


seem worth it
I mean it's only $590.
You really can't consider yourself a halo fan if you can't commit that much.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
__________________

Vectorman953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:12 PM   #34
Emfulz
 
Emfulz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 219, In A House Infront of My Laptop
Posts: 1,707
Send a message via MSN to Emfulz

EMFULZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I payed off Halo LE so that means I get the war games, I just don't get the 2 helmets and 1 emblem?
__________________
Don't Stop Believing

Signature by Cpt Slaugh7er
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Emfulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:07 PM   #35
Vectorman953
 
Vectorman953's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Posts: 448

Zombie Gary Oak's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emfulz View Post
I payed off Halo LE so that means I get the war games, I just don't get the 2 helmets and 1 emblem?
Correct.

What you do get is the recruit SKIN
Avatar stuff (I think an outfit and prop?)
A different emblem
A assault rifle skin an exclusive in-game emblem

Plus the benefits of where-ever you ordered it from, but that's a whole 'nother monster.

It doesn't really help that the pack itself is called Wargames, but also the entire multiplayer mode.
__________________

Vectorman953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:26 PM   #36
BiggD
125 More Days 'Til Halo 2
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 13,671

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
I'm still not even sure at this point if Halo 4 comes with the Limited Edition...At no point does it mention it actually comes with the game.
lolololol. this genuinely made me laugh man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
Fact- You're still getting more. You get a skin that regular users won't have.

What? Why do you even think this? The blog link you posted shows this:




I agree with you sir, these people are freaking out and yet I am certain the War Games Pass includes these helmets and emblems.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:30 PM   #37
BiggD
125 More Days 'Til Halo 2
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 13,671

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
This whole "pre-order here to get this" and "buy this version to get this" thing is just one big clusterfuck. Even the developers and publishers seem to be unable to keep it straight. I sure as hell have no idea what I've got on the way. All I know is I have the regular edition pre-ordered at Best-Buy, the LE version pre-ordered at Gamestop, the Special Edition 360 pre-ordered at Gamestop, the UNSC controller and the $60 Triton headset pre-ordered at Gamestop (do those even come with codes? Wouldn't be surprised if they did.)

Anybody able to tell me for certain what all codes I'll be receiving? I want to make sure I don't miss any of them so I can get the most out of them when they go up on Ebay.
I'm basically in the same boat as you, minus the headset. I'm spending a fortune but fuck it! If there are any bonuses that come with it, do let me know!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:32 PM   #38
Vectorman953
 
Vectorman953's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Posts: 448

Zombie Gary Oak's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
I agree with you sir, these people are freaking out and yet I am certain the War Games Pass includes these helmets and emblems.
I normally try to stay out of correcting people when they're wrong on the internet, but if you read any of the previous parts of this thread you would see that BS Angel (Kiki, who writes the update) responded to multiple people on twitter that the 2 helmets and emblem aren't included in the LE. Seperate SKU's means seperate DLC add-ons.

I was just like you once. Young and naive.
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
__________________

Vectorman953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:00 AM   #39
BiggD
125 More Days 'Til Halo 2
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 13,671

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectorman953 View Post
I normally try to stay out of correcting people when they're wrong on the internet...I was just like you once. Young and naive.
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
there's ways to correct people, then there's being an asshole. unnecessary attitude my dude...especially since we're probably the same age.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:10 AM   #40
Ty-Rex
Jardinho has a baby dick
 
Ty-Rex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: /n(y)ōō/ /ˈjərzē/
Posts: 2,327

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
there's ways to correct people, then there's being an asshole. unnecessary attitude my dude...especially since we're probably the same age.
Well he is either Kermit the Frog or Christian Bale, so he's at least 38.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch View Post
Fuck you, I love coffee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardinho View Post
Now seems like a good time to tell you guys that I don't have a small dick. Just felt the need to let you know, fellers.
Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:41 PM   #41
Emfulz
 
Emfulz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 219, In A House Infront of My Laptop
Posts: 1,707
Send a message via MSN to Emfulz

EMFULZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
there's ways to correct people, then there's being an asshole. unnecessary attitude my dude...especially since we're probably the same age.
True. I sometimes go off by being a dick but I tend not to. Can't we all just get along? This is a forum for a place to talk all things Xbox 360 and other stuff. We don't have to like each other but we could respect one another while we are here.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
Well he is either Kermit the Frog or Christian Bale, so he's at least 38.
If he's Christian Bale then we better watch out for the psycho in him.
__________________
Don't Stop Believing

Signature by Cpt Slaugh7er
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Emfulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:37 PM   #42
BiggD
125 More Days 'Til Halo 2
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 13,671

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emfulz View Post
True. I sometimes go off by being a dick but I tend not to. Can't we all just get along? This is a forum for a place to talk all things Xbox 360 and other stuff. We don't have to like each other but we could respect one another while we are here.
agreed, I don't ever intend to piss people off with negativity and tossing unneeded words around. we're all here to enjoy gaming, more specifically Halo, so lets keep it at such.

and only the pyscho!? don't forget the anorexic machinist, crack-addict boxing brother, dark knight sides of him as well!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:25 AM   #43
Vectorman953
 
Vectorman953's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Posts: 448

Zombie Gary Oak's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
there's ways to correct people, then there's being an asshole. unnecessary attitude my dude...especially since we're probably the same age.
I apologize from any 'attitude' you seemed to detect, and the statement certianly looks a lot worse in the way you abridged it. I thought my "spoiler" saying I said the same mistake literally a week ago (younger) in the same exact forum would be enough to hint at sarcasm. (I know, I know, sarcasm on the Internet)
I wouldn't say something like that and actual mean it, since then these threads turn into a forum of 8 people calling each other trolls, and it just makes everything stupid.

It just annoys me that the same questions are asked like 12 times in a row. I guess it's not your fault if you only read the latest posts

TL;DR: I meant no ill will, and i am Kermit the frog.
__________________


Last edited by Vectorman953; 09-29-2012 at 12:28 AM.
Vectorman953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:38 AM   #44
Snowed
 
Snowed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 319

Snowed's Gamercard
I think I'm going to forsake getting the LE. I have it preordered but do I really need it? No. $10 for some specializations is a waste. I learned a long time ago that the other stuff you receive is totally worthless and in a few years you really won't care that you have it. Might as well buy some condoms and not get a girl pregnant instead.
__________________
Snowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:41 AM   #45
tiniaflab
 
tiniaflab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 10

AnotherSadPanda's Gamercard
Either way it can't be as bad of a hose job as the EA sports games.
tiniaflab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:32 AM   #46
BiggD
125 More Days 'Til Halo 2
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 13,671

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectorman953 View Post
I apologize from any 'attitude' you seemed to detect, and the statement certianly looks a lot worse in the way you abridged it. I thought my "spoiler" saying I said the same mistake literally a week ago (younger) in the same exact forum would be enough to hint at sarcasm. (I know, I know, sarcasm on the Internet)
I wouldn't say something like that and actual mean it, since then these threads turn into a forum of 8 people calling each other trolls, and it just makes everything stupid.

It just annoys me that the same questions are asked like 12 times in a row. I guess it's not your fault if you only read the latest posts
Hey dude, don't worry about it. As you said, I didn't bother reading every post, I just scrolled through and the main one that stuck out was the post I quoted from. and I actually didn't even click on the spoiler in your post anyways, I'm still looking forward to my LE of Halo, even if I miss out on the helmets.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:13 AM   #47
xXmyxxmastaXx
 
xXmyxxmastaXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Raleigh, N.C.
Posts: 1,638

xXmyxxmastaXx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
LE Specializations are preorders now http://www.gamestop.ie/Halo4
to get the Full Pass you have to spend 25 dollars extra
and the recruit armor that was listed as exclusive is avaliable to everyone.


"You give them a inch, they take a mile"
__________________
xXmyxxmastaXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:02 PM   #48
ReverendSID
 
ReverendSID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Never-Never Land
Posts: 1,015

ReverendSID's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXmyxxmastaXx View Post
and the recruit armor that was listed as exclusive is avaliable to everyone.
And once again, it's an exclusive SKIN for the armor. It's always said skin on every official release I've seen. Just like all the damn pre-order bonuses that give weapon skins.

I'm not gonna argue that they're screwing up on clear communication and giving way too damned many "exclusives" to various retailers. Eitehr way, I'm still getting my LE for the same reason I initially ordered it. Forward Unto Dawn. Now, if between now and November 6th I find out I can get it on an actual Disc... yeah, I'll probably get the regular and the "full" Map Pass instead.
__________________
Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.
ReverendSID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:14 AM   #49
xXmyxxmastaXx
 
xXmyxxmastaXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Raleigh, N.C.
Posts: 1,638

xXmyxxmastaXx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverendSID View Post
And once again, it's an exclusive SKIN for the armor. It's always said skin on every official release I've seen. Just like all the damn pre-order bonuses that give weapon skins.

I'm not gonna argue that they're screwing up on clear communication and giving way too damned many "exclusives" to various retailers. Eitehr way, I'm still getting my LE for the same reason I initially ordered it. Forward Unto Dawn. Now, if between now and November 6th I find out I can get it on an actual Disc... yeah, I'll probably get the regular and the "full" Map Pass instead.
it obviously says armor AND Skin
__________________
xXmyxxmastaXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:53 AM   #50
ReverendSID
 
ReverendSID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Never-Never Land
Posts: 1,015

ReverendSID's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXmyxxmastaXx View Post
it obviously says armor AND Skin
Yes that picture does say that. But I'm pretty sure that picture was neither put together by, or released by 343. I certainly never saw it on their site. The only thing I ever heard from 343 was "Recruit Prime Armor Skin"

And Gamestop's website, which is where I first saw anything on the Limited Edition and where I ordered it from, says "Unique in-game Spartan IV armor skin" Link
So, I don't feel like I was lied to. I'm sorry if you do.

I'll tell you what I think happened honestly. I think someone didn't proofread a press release closely enough. I think that, like the various pre-orders for places like Best-Buy, the LE info was worded as Armor Name then Skin Name and the people reading it took it as two separate things instead of one single thing.
Like, you look at the pictures of the pre-order skins they say Armor: and a name, then Skin: and a name on separate lines. Seriously, I think that's what happened and they didn't correct it fast enough.
__________________
Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.

Last edited by ReverendSID; 09-30-2012 at 08:10 AM.
ReverendSID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:14 PM   #51
xydz
 
xydz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 88

XyDz Matt's Gamercard
My retailer has these

Pre-Order:
Limited:
Console:

That LightRifle skin for the console looks sweet, but it seems all LE gets is a book, Some FUD stuff, All map packs and "Prime" Skins and emblems, which... arnt that fantastic.

Ill still get LE purely for Forward unto Dawn and i have a feeling all this stuff will become available like 6 months after launch.
__________________
xydz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:50 PM   #52
ReverendSID
 
ReverendSID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Never-Never Land
Posts: 1,015

ReverendSID's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xydz View Post
Ill still get LE purely for Forward unto Dawn and i have a feeling all this stuff will become available like 6 months after launch.
I wouldn't be surprised. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if all of the "exclusive" skins are unlockable in game through various means and the pre-orders are just instant unlocks. Wouldn't be the first game to do that.
__________________
Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.
ReverendSID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:12 PM   #53
BiggD
125 More Days 'Til Halo 2
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 13,671

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xydz View Post
My retailer has these

Console:
hot damn! these exclusives looks reaaaaaaal nice man. that Crawler Avatar Prop is legit.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:52 AM.