Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dark Souls
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
Brambledamble

Brambledamble's Gamercard
All you need to 1k Dark Souls - The 1000 GS printout list and youtube guides

Tested and approved by myself As the official guide is expensive as hell over here, I decided to scrounge together all info needed for 1k from around the web. Warning: Possible spoilers!

1) The best Walkthrough Guide:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/6086...uls/faqs/63351

I found the best starting class to be the Sorcerer with a Master Key as starting item, but I guess that's up to you.

Note that Alex forgets to visit upper Blighttown (accessed with the Blighttown Key after killing Gaping Dragon next to the merchant) where you get the Pyromancy spell Power Within:

Also he doesn't know how to get the Miracle Great Magic Barrier in Ash Lake:

For an easier time I'd suggest to suicide run the graveyard with the skeletons as soon as you arrive in Firelink Shrine and get the Winged Spear as your first main weapon. Spears allow you to attack and block at the same time. Before entering the Catacombs you should farm the Anor Londo Silver Knights until you get a Silver Knight Spear (Note: has divine properties but does not count as a divine weapon for the forging achievement).

Plus I'd like to add that you can easily kill Mimics by throwing a Lloyd's Talisman at them which forces them back into chest form for a few seconds (sold by Undead Merchant in Undead Burg for 500 souls each). Mimics also have a chance to drop Symbol of Avarice, a helm that increases your droprate the same as the Covetous Gold Serpent Ring (but they don't stack, so you only need one of them).

If you want to quickly level up a bit early in the game, save 20000 souls and buy the Crest of Artorias from Andrei the Blacksmith. You can then open the locked gate in Darkroot Garden and use this method:

Note that there's a bonfire right next to the gate behind a fake wall.

2) List of all Embers and their locations:
http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Embers

3) Blacksmithing Guide:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...51&postcount=6

Note that some of the weapons you find on your travels can have certain properties like divine damage but will NOT count for the respective weapon achievements. Only weapons with a small coloured circle in their picture are "true" elemental weapons.

Add to this the following information to prevent headaches:

Titanite Chunks drop from: Royal Sentinels in Anor Londo (two big guards right before Ornstein & Smough's door) and Black Knights in Kiln of the First Flame.

Titanite Slabs: 1x per playthrough from Stray Demon in Undead Asylum Revisited and from Darkwraiths in New Londo Ruins (very rare). Can also drop from Crystal Lizards in the Great Hollow:

Can also be obtained by successfully completing the Siegmeyer&Sieglinde of Catarina questline:
http://darksouls.wikidot.com/siegmeyer-of-catarina
http://darksouls.wikidot.com/sieglinde-of-catarina

Blue Chunks: Crystal Golems before Crystal Cave and Black Knights in Kiln of the First Flame.

Blue Slabs: 1x per playthrough in a chest after a tricky invisible path in Crystal Cave and drops from Crystal Butterflies (very rare).

You should buy a lot of Prism Stones and be patient to successfully navigate this path.

White Chunks: Bone Towers in Tomb of the Giants and Black Knights in Kiln of the First Flame.

White Slabs: 1x per playthrough in a chest right before Gravelord Nito, drops from Pinwheel Clones in Tomb of the Giants (very rare):

Red Chunks: Chaos Eaters in Lost Izalith and Black Knights in Kiln of the First Flame.

Red Slabs: 1x per playthrough in a chest in Lost Izalith where you fall through the floor and are ambushed by 4 Chaos Eaters, 1x per playthrough trade with Snuggly the Crow for a +0 ascended Pyromancy Flame (http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Snuggly) and drops from Chaos Eaters (very rare).

The five Black Knights in Kiln of the First Flame right before the final boss will 100% drop 2 regular Chunks and 1 of each other color. Also, they respawn, so farm them before you kill the last boss!

(Small) Titanite Shards: Sold by multiple vendors for 800 souls each, the first being Andrei the Blacksmith.
Large Titanite Shards: Sold by the Crestfallen Merchant near the top of Sen's Fortress where you jump over the gap in the path and by the Giant Blacksmith in Anor Londo for 4000/3800 souls each. Drop from Leeches in Blighttown.
Green Titanite Shards: Drop from Leeches in Blighttown. Sold by the Giant Blacksmith for 4800 souls each.
Twinkling Titanite: Drop from Maneater Shells before Seath the Scaleless and sold by the Giant Blacksmith for 8000 souls each.
Demon Titanite: Prowling Demons, the one on the bridge to Lost Izalith respawns (accessed by being a +2 Chaos Servant and taking the shortcut to Lost Izalith in Demon Ruins before Demon Firesage's fog door).

If you intend to farm anything that's not a 100% drop, make sure you have at least 10 Humanity and the Covetous Gold Serpent Ring equipped (found in Sen's Fortress) to max out your droprate.

4) List of all Rare Weapons for Knight's Honor achievement:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...52&postcount=8

To get this one you'll need 2 1/2 playthroughs to get Gwyn's soul twice, Sif's soul three times and access the Giant Blacksmith in Anor Londo again. Make sure that you already carry all required +10 standard weapons for the Boss weapons with you before entering Sen's Fortress/Anor Londo or you'll have to beat Ornstein & Smough again as well on your third playthrough in order to get the Lordvessel.

Note that in order to cut off the Hellkite Dragon's tail you should shoot arrows at it from below the bridge (equip a bow, press Y to two-hand it, hold LB to aim in first person and press RB to shoot it).

To cut off the other tails you should use a sword/katana weapon like Drake Sword or Uchigatana for example and two-hand it with Y. For me it didn't work with spears at all. The tails have roughly 10-25% of the boss's hp until they fall off. With Seath the Scaleless, attack only the very tip of his tail. If the boss is close to death and you didn't manage to cut off the tail, quit and reload your game for another try.

Also note that the rare weapon Channeler's Trident is the hardest and most aggravating to get due to its super low droprate even with 10 humanity and the Covetous Ring.

5) List of all Covenants:
http://darksouls.wikidot.com/covenants

Add to this the following information:

If you leave a covenant prematurely, all previous investments you've made will be HALVED! So be careful.

Blade of the Darkmoon: In Anor Londo, accessed by equipping the Darkmoon Seance Ring at the Darkmoon Tomb bonfire, do NOT enter the fog door if you want to level up in this covenant. You need 10x Souvenir of Reprisal (drops from Crow Demon in Painted World of Ariamis) in order to get the Miracle Darkmoon Blade.

Chaos Servant: Behind Queelag's domain, ring the 2nd bell and go down the stairs, attack the walls until you find the fake wall and do NOT attack the monster, instead talk to it. You'll need 30 Humanities to get the pyromancy Chaos Storm and open the shortcut to Lost Izalith.

Darkwraith: Do NOT talk to Kingseeker Frampt in Firelink Shrine at all, do NOT place the Lordvessel, kill the Four Kings and Kaathe will appear at the bonfire of the Abyss. You don't need to level up in this covenant for any achievement.

Forest Hunter: Talk to the cat in Darkroot Garden in some ruins behind the sealed gate which you've opened with the Crest of Artorias. You don't need to level up in this covenant.

Gravelord Servant: Kill the Prowling Demon in the Catacombs, loot the Eyes of Death behind it and lie down in one of the coffins until you get dragged away. You need 10 Eyes of Death to level up in this covenant (dropped from Basilisks in the Sewers or the Great Hollow) and get the Miracle Gravelord Greatsword Dance.

Path of the Dragon: Run all the way through Ash Lake and talk to the Stone Dragon. You don't need to level up in this covenant.

Princess's Guard: Kill Ornstein & Smough in Anor Londo, ride up the elevator and talk to the big boobed giant woman. You don't need to level up in this covenant.

Warrior of Sunlight: 25 Faith required to join! Alternatively, defeating a boss monster in co-op via a summon sign lowers the Faith requirement by 5 per boss kill. This does carry over to additional playthroughs in NG+.
Pray at the Altar of Sunlight below the Hellkite Dragon in Undead Parish. Save this one until New Game Plus! You'll need 10 Sunlight Medals to level up once you've joined (dropped from Chaos Bugs on the shortcut to Lost Izalith) and offer the Soul of Gwyn (final boss) at the altar to get the Miracles Great Lightning Spear & Sunlight Spear.
100% Retail: Avatar, Lost, CSI, King Kong, TMNT, NBA 2K6, Cloudy, Saw, Night at the Museum 2, Quantum of Solace, Too Human, X-Blades, Sega Mega Drive UC, Terminator, Wolverine, Brütal Legend, Modern Warfare 2, Bayonetta, Halo: ODST, Transformers WfC, Blazblue CT, Dead Space, [PROTOTYPE], Halo Wars (1200), Halo 3 (1750), Gears of War 2 (1750), Fable 2 (1350), Borderlands (1750), Resident Evil 5 (1400), Splinter Cell (1250)

Last edited by Brambledamble; 01-14-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Brambledamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
Brambledamble

6) List of all Sorceries, Pyromancies and Miracles:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...53&postcount=9

Note that you'll probably get the achievements in the following order: Sorcery -> Pyromancy -> Miracle. Both the Sorcery and the Pyromancy achievements can be done in your first playthrough if you don't mind some farming. The Miracle achievement requires New Game Plus to offer Gwyns soul at the Sunlight Altar.

There you go, all you really need for 1000 GS

7) Additional Tips:

When starting a New Game Plus, you will retain most items like weapons, armor and rings. Note that some stuff will be gone and you'll need to find it again. For more info:
http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/New+Game+Plus

You can theoretically obtain all blacksmithing achievements in a single playthrough, but I wouldn't recommend it as you'll need a lot of patience for farming due to the super low drop rate of Slabs.

For your third playthrough, if all you need now is Sif's soul for the weapon achievement and to offer Gwyn's soul at the Sunlight altar or to forge Gwyn's Boss weapon, you can do a SPEEDRUN:

- Finish the Undead Asylum.
- Arriving in Firelink Shrine, use the bonfire, go down to New Londo Ruins and take the other elevator up to Valley of Drakes. Open the door with the Master Key, enter Blighttown, kill Queelag, ring the bell, use a Homeward Bone.
- Go back to the Valley of Drakes, nuke the Stone Dragon, run past or kill the other dragons, take the elevator up to Darkroot Basin. Go up to Darkroot Garden and further up to Andrei, buy the Crest of Artorias from him, go up to the cathedral and unlock the shortcut to Firelink Shrine. Go back down to the Garden, unlock the sealed gate, kill Sif, use a Homeward Bone.
- Take the shortcut to the cathedral, climb the roof, kill the Gargoyle bosses, ring the other bell, use a Homeward Bone.
- (optional - you may have already done this in your second playthrough) Take the shortcut to the cathedral, go out the front gate and down to the Sunlight Altar. Offer 10 Sunlight Medals and the Soul of Gwyn.
- Use the bonfire before Sen's Fortress, complete Sen's Fortress, kill the Iron Golem, enter Anor Londo, go through Anor Londo up until the Giant Blacksmith and forge your remaining weapons.

This speedrun should only take about 1-2 hours to complete
100% Retail: Avatar, Lost, CSI, King Kong, TMNT, NBA 2K6, Cloudy, Saw, Night at the Museum 2, Quantum of Solace, Too Human, X-Blades, Sega Mega Drive UC, Terminator, Wolverine, Brütal Legend, Modern Warfare 2, Bayonetta, Halo: ODST, Transformers WfC, Blazblue CT, Dead Space, [PROTOTYPE], Halo Wars (1200), Halo 3 (1750), Gears of War 2 (1750), Fable 2 (1350), Borderlands (1750), Resident Evil 5 (1400), Splinter Cell (1250)

Last edited by Brambledamble; 01-14-2013 at 10:07 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:53 PM   #3
Terransheep

Terransheep's Gamercard
Nice guide~ better than the one we have put there... Glad u pointed out some hard to find spells and items~ tips for everything. awesome~

Terransheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:36 PM   #4
XperimntNterror

XperimntNterror's Gamercard
sweet! Although, I found that gamefaqs guide to be a little lacking, but it's ok. You can also easily farm Darkwraiths for Titanite Chunks. In fact, if you're trying to farm them for Slabs, they are the better option for these.

Thanks to V1ZIONZxBLOOD for the really cool sig!
XperimntNterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:28 PM   #5
Mother Beef

Mother Beef's Gamercard
Ofcourse this comes out just as i'm almost finishing my Achievement run :/

One question however, with the 25 Faith required for the Sunbros, and the fact that it goes down by 5 each time you help someone defeat a boss, does this carry over or reset between New Games?

Last edited by Mother Beef; 09-26-2012 at 10:42 PM.
Mother Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:50 AM   #6
Brambledamble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Beef View Post
Ofcourse this comes out just as i'm almost finishing my Achievement run :/

One question however, with the 25 Faith required for the Sunbros, and the fact that it goes down by 5 each time you help someone defeat a boss, does this carry over or reset between New Games?
Good question! None of the wikis say anything about this and I haven't tested it for myself (I simply took 25 Faith to be sure), but I would assume that it DOES carry over between New Games - because the old requirement pre-patch 1.04 was 50 and it's pretty hard to find like 8-10 co-op partners in a single playthrough if you haven't invested in Faith at all.

Please try it out and share your findings with us
Old 09-27-2012, 12:04 PM   #7
Mother Beef

Mother Beef's Gamercard
I will let you know

I am on 10 faith now, probs going to go up to 12 so i can use Heal when sunbroing. I'm pretty sure I have helped 3 people over NG and NG+ so I theoretically should/could be able to join now (25 - 15 = 10). Ill let you guys know!

edit Did some searching around the internet, another person with a similar question discovered that they were indeed able to join despite starting NG+ and having done no co-op (and not having the required faith). Nevertheless i will confirm.

Last edited by Mother Beef; 09-27-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #8
Dolmantor

Dolmanator's Gamercard
My proudest 100% yet!
Dolmantor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:25 AM   #9
Mother Beef

Mother Beef's Gamercard
Done. My final image was me 'Prasing the Sun' at the Alter of Sunlight. :')

Also; yes I do confirm that the deduction from being a summonbro does continue over NGs.
Also I would like to thankyou deeply for that speedrun guide, beat Gwyn, and completeted the speed run in less than 2 hours.

Now to start an SL1 run >.<

Old 12-25-2012, 09:51 PM   #10
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
This is something I've been looking for. Could have probably been edited better 'cause it's a mess but I'll make do. So thank you, Bramble.
Dog Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:31 AM   #11
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
The Official Guide is $4.99 at Gamestop, not really expensive at all - if anyone is interested. Only drawback to it are changes made by patches changing certain statistics. Still a good collectable.

http://www.gamestop.com/strategy-gui...gy-guide/93066

Awesome post by the way!
Old 01-04-2013, 04:23 PM   #12
Matriculated

SEEGAAAA's Gamercard
The Symbol of Avarice DOES stack with the Silver Serpent Ring

Badges provided by http://darkfailure.deviantart.com/
Matriculated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:31 PM   #13
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matriculated View Post
The Symbol of Avarice DOES stack with the Silver Serpent Ring
This is true. But that's only because they do different things. The Silver Serpent Ring is used to increase the amount of souls you get when you kill enemies. It's especially useful to switch this ring out right before the boss souls are awarded after a fight. That maximizes your profit every time. The Symbol of Avarice doesn't stack with the Gold Serpent Ring since they both increase item discovery. This helps with getting rare drops from enemies.

Sorry if you already knew that. I just wanted to clarify that in case you were getting the two rings confused. Silver is for souls and Gold is for item discovery.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:29 PM   #14
SuNuS

SuNuS's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodGodAlucard View Post
This is true. But that's only because they do different things. The Silver Serpent Ring is used to increase the amount of souls you get when you kill enemies. It's especially useful to switch this ring out right before the boss souls are awarded after a fight. That maximizes your profit every time. The Symbol of Avarice doesn't stack with the Gold Serpent Ring since they both increase item discovery. This helps with getting rare drops from enemies.

Sorry if you already knew that. I just wanted to clarify that in case you were getting the two rings confused. Silver is for souls and Gold is for item discovery.
Love the SoA but hate having a chest for a head. It takes up too much of my screen.

Sig by Gackt
SuNuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:45 PM   #15
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuNuS View Post
Love the SoA but hate having a chest for a head. It takes up too much of my screen.
I agree that it's useful. I don't ever use it anymore though. I just use the Covetous Gold Serpent Ring. But if I'm using a build that can't afford to spare a ring slot, then I love it when grinding for items. I agree that it looks kind of funny. It's always good for a laugh when invading.

I remember once I was in an "interesting" mind set. I did a set of invasions completely naked except for the Symbol of Avarice. And I duel wielded Dragon Teeth. I got a ton of WTF?! messages that night. The funny part was that I actually managed to win a couple of the fights because people were so shocked at the setup.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:08 PM   #16
Brambledamble

Thanks for the positive feedback, cleaned up the formatting a bit
Old 01-17-2013, 01:43 AM   #17
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brambledamble View Post
Thanks for the positive feedback, cleaned up the formatting a bit
Nice. Looks a lot better now.
Dog Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:32 AM   #18
Brambledamble

Praise the sun bump in celebration of Dark Souls 2.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:04 AM   #19
Onyx Destiny

Send a message via Skype™ to Onyx Destiny

Onyx Destiny's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Very nice guide, just picked this up for free. Im sure this guide will come into play and help me along the way. Cheers

RETAIL COMPLETED - 6
ARCADE COMPLETED - 4
W8/IOS COMPLETED - 1
Onyx Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote