PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Spec Ops: The Line
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-04-2012, 09:09 PM   #91
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Emerald   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
You can use auto-aim on your FUBAR playthrough.

Stop bitching, this game does not deserve more than a 5/10.

I will complete the guide in the next few hours.
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #92
jamal2807

jamal2807's Gamercard
Ohm of course this game deserve more than a 5/10,do you know how many people have problem beating this difficult?Crysis 1+2 Mw 1-3 - Halo Reach legendary(i complete them all+a few other games),is nothing compared to fubar.
I mean the ps3 trophy guide page give this game almost a 7/10

You wrote this guide without even playing on fubar,how could you even know?LOL , You gave it a 3/10 first LOL,just LOL.

Just play it and you will see how frustating this game will be.
Just saying .
jamal2807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:59 PM   #93
FLIPADELPHIIA

FLIPADELPHIIA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal2807 View Post
Ohm of course this game deserve more than a 5/10,do you know how many people have problem beating this difficult?Crysis 1+2 Mw 1-3 - Halo Reach legendary(i complete them all+a few other games),is nothing compared to fubar.
I mean the ps3 trophy guide page give this game almost a 7/10

You wrote this guide without even playing on fubar,how could you even know?LOL , You gave it a 3/10 first LOL,just LOL.

Just play it and you will see how frustating this game will be.
Just saying .
I was the one that said 3/10. And I still pretty much say 3/10. That rating is the game as a whole. FUBAR is not 3/10. Id say 5/10. But getting the 1k is easily 3-4/10. If your inpatient and play reckless, the game will be 7/10. If you cant do it, just return the game.

Last edited by FLIPADELPHIIA; 07-04-2012 at 10:01 PM.
FLIPADELPHIIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:57 PM   #94
azGRIMES

azGRIMES's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by steb9780 View Post
Just so people know, I got the "preventative diplomacy" (kill enemy as they are throwing a grenade) on the epilogue part. I blew the guy away on the right and then the left. So not entirely certain which one has the 'nade. But the checkpoint is right there. So easy enough to reload if it doesn't pop.
This is the way I got the achievement. Seems like a guaranteed way. Chapter 2 btw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXxX-YGbE7A
azGRIMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #95
jamal2807

jamal2807's Gamercard
@FLIPADELPHIIA yeah it looks like you are the only one,who thinks is a easy 1000K.

Sonic Tennis is not an easy 1000K only it has 49 easy achievement and one hard achievement.

This guide said 3/10 = 49 achievements
and somethinkg like 6/7= 1 achievement fubar.

I complety many cod ant other shooter games on hardest difficult,fubar was the hardest on with Waw.

I have this achievement,finally.And it was a big pain,i just want that the other gamers know that this is not an easy 1000 , its an easy 950 thats true,but not an 1000.
If i see a guide with 3/10 then im thinking something like that
"oh like the darkness 2 , where you only die 2 times on hardest difficulty , thats sound great"
And then,boom im dying 10000 on fubar , because of grenade spamming useless al,unfair checkpoints.
Its a hard fubar achievement,you cant say anything against that...
jamal2807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #96
FLIPADELPHIIA

Quote:
@FLIPADELPHIIA yeah it looks like you are the only one,who thinks is a easy 1000K.

Sonic Tennis is not an easy 1000K only it has 49 easy achievement and one hard achievement.

This guide said 3/10 = 49 achievements
and somethinkg like 6/7= 1 achievement fubar.

I complety many cod ant other shooter games on hardest difficult,fubar was the hardest on with Waw.

I have this achievement,finally.And it was a big pain,i just want that the other gamers know that this is not an easy 1000 , its an easy 950 thats true,but not an 1000.
If i see a guide with 3/10 then im thinking something like that
"oh like the darkness 2 , where you only die 2 times on hardest difficulty , thats sound great"
And then,boom im dying 10000 on fubar , because of grenade spamming useless al,unfair checkpoints.
Its a hard fubar achievement,you cant say anything against that...
I guess I just dont ever look at difficulty ratings when I look at guides. Theres too many factors that can go into why that person gave it the score. There is no rubric to follow when scoring, at least none that Ive seen, so its all opinion I guess. Some guides give games 8/10 because of the amount of time it takes to complete the game, and others base on skill needed to get the full 1k, while others pick and choose and come up with a number. When I look at a guide, the things I look at are min. number of playthroughs, number of online achievements, and time to 1k, and any glitchy achievements

And I guarantee you its because your either rushing and being impatient or your not thinking ahead. The enemies have the same exact spawn points every single time. It only takes one or two deaths to figure out that plan or action isnt working and you need to try something else. Wait for the enemies to reload before you pop and and shoot them. And the thing with frags, like I said, the SAME exact person is going to throw the frag at the SAME exact time the next time you spawn, so instead of letting that happen, toss a flash bang or frag or do something to throw off his movement so he doesnt throw it. Its really not difficult. Yea the AI can be shit and sometimes they rush out and theres nothing you can do about it, but like I said, the enemies do that same thing every time. If one guy downs your team mate and you die, that same guy is going to do it again right after you restart.

It took me such a long time to get the pattern of the enemies down, but non the less I did and it saved so much time and frustration

Last edited by FLIPADELPHIIA; 07-05-2012 at 03:16 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:33 PM   #97
i fist brown i

i fist brown i's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
poor flip... you'll never be forgiven over the 3/10! I can't believe this is still going on, since the guide has been changed for over a week.

i'd say my argument was warranted because at the time the guide had said 3/10 which is/was ridiculous but jamal, give flip a break he had an extensive argument with me in another thread and I had pointed out the exact same things you had. He is convinced it is a 3/10, nothing you say will change it, he seemed to figure out the AI and had less trouble.

Opinions will vary, but seeing as the guide has been 5/10 for a while now it is a little more fair and there is no reason to still be bringing up the 3/10 difficulty. unless you had gotten the game on release day purely for a fairly easy 1000 when the guide had said 3/10 and you're just now realizing the guide was WAY off, in that case... i guess, flame on! but there is no reason to it, because the guide will more than likely remain a 5/10, you can argue for a 6/10 but anymore than that i would have to cut you off.. And that is coming from the number 1 complainer on this board.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Last edited by i fist brown i; 07-05-2012 at 05:35 PM.
i fist brown i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:36 PM   #98
FLIPADELPHIIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by i fist brown i View Post
poor flip... you'll never be forgiven over the 3/10! I can't believe this is still going on, since the guide has been changed for over a week.

i'd say my argument was warranted because at the time the guide had said 3/10 which is/was ridiculous but jamal, give flip a break he had an extensive argument with me in another thread and I had pointed out the exact same things you had. He is convinced it is a 3/10, nothing you say will change it, he seemed to figure out the AI and had less trouble.

Opinions will vary, but seeing as the guide has been 5/10 for a while now it is a little more fair and there is no reason to still be bringing up the 3/10 difficulty. unless you had gotten the game on release day purely for a fairly easy 1000 when the guide had said 3/10 and you're just now realizing the guide was WAY off, in that case... i guess, flame on! but there is no reason to it, because the guide will more than likely remain a 5/10, you can argue for a 6/10 but anymore than that i would have to cut you off.. And that is coming from the number 1 complainer on this board.
lol that ones gonna follow me everywhere. From now on whenever I make an official guide, Ill just have a poll on what the difficulty should be. That way something like this doesnt happen again. Either that or Ill let someone else do the roadmap. Either way it wont happen again lol and thank you brown

I think after Darksiders 2 Ill just be working on collectable guides and pseudo achievement guides. Much less stressful that way, and I still get to enjoy the game

Old 07-05-2012, 06:38 PM   #99
R34L91

R34Li57iC 91's Gamercard
Very good looking guide, going to use it for sure as soon as I get the game and thank god there are no stupid Multiplayer achievements

L.A. Noir [1000/1400] Castlevania: LOS [1000/1270]

Proudest achievement
Vanquish Tactical Challenges

R34L91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:51 PM   #100
i fist brown i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPADELPHIIA View Post
I was the one that said 3/10. And I still pretty much say 3/10. That rating is the game as a whole. FUBAR is not 3/10. Id say 5/10. But getting the 1k is easily 3-4/10. If your inpatient and play reckless, the game will be 7/10. If you cant do it, just return the game.

ill say this again flip, for a completionist if one achievement is equivalent to a 6/10 then the whole game is a 6/10. Now if you're out there hunting 950/1000 we would all agree on the 3/10, but most people on this site go for the 1000gs available.

excluding you, because you have said that completion percentage does not matter.

but still, Jamal, the guide is a 5/10 you're arguing a 6/10 (which i agree, for myself it was more like a 6/10) but what is 1 point??? for me anything within the 5-7 range is practically equivalent. if Flip thinks its a 3/10, let him think that, whether hes trying to boost his ego or is being truthful, who cares! THE GUIDE IS FIXED what is left to argue about?

Last edited by i fist brown i; 07-05-2012 at 07:12 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:11 PM   #101
i fist brown i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPADELPHIIA View Post
lol that ones gonna follow me everywhere. From now on whenever I make an official guide, Ill just have a poll on what the difficulty should be. That way something like this doesnt happen again. Either that or Ill let someone else do the roadmap. Either way it wont happen again lol and thank you brown

I think after Darksiders 2 Ill just be working on collectable guides and pseudo achievement guides. Much less stressful that way, and I still get to enjoy the game
good luck on your future guides! and in regards to the difficulty just rate it like you were an average gamer and remember, if you rate it too high (like a 7/10 for a 5/10) the gamers that complete it will only feel better about themselves... But if you rate it too low (like in this case, fubar being a 3/10) your gonna piss off the gamers that have completed games that are 3/10 (darkness 2, lego batman, fight night... other easy games) but are struggling with this game.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:15 PM   #102
uhKillswitch

uhkillswitch's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post
+1

All achievements can be unlocked offline. Better to show that and not online, otherwise someone is going to get the game thinking they can play via co-op and unlock achievements or even online multiplayer.
Great guide , Flipadelphia and Nozza. Thanks for your effort.
Chapter 11 now on hard and it helped a lot.
I just found one little mistake so far that needs correction.
For “friendly fire“ and “unfirendly fire“ you CAN reload the checkpoint it doesn't save right after your decision.

Edit: I never meant to quote, sorry. Weird things happen when you type on your phone.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:45 PM   #103
immikeulate

m easy021's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by i fist brown i View Post
ill say this again flip, for a completionist if one achievement is equivalent to a 6/10 then the whole game is a 6/10. Now if you're out there hunting 950/1000 we would all agree on the 3/10, but most people on this site go for the 1000gs available.

excluding you, because you have said that completion percentage does not matter.
This is perfectly said. That's how we rate games on the PS3 side. We don't rate on 49/50 achievements/trophies we have to rate on the full 51/51 (added platinum trophy). So games like this will be curved more towards a higher rating the lower. A lot of what I'm seeing here reminds me off Vanquish a while back. 99% of the game is easy ass hell but that one Tactical Challenger cheevo/trophy was one of the single hardest cheevos you can try for.

That game's difficulty rating started low but once more people tried to play it to completion it ended up being like a 9/10. And like this game people were pissed that it was ranked so easy early on. Ahh circle of life

immikeulate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:06 PM   #104
FLIPADELPHIIA

Yea Ill have to take that into consideration for next time. If anything, Ill just give it two scores. Like for example Spec Ops: 950 [3/10] - 1000 [5/10]
so that way it can pertain to both preferences

Old 07-06-2012, 02:54 AM   #105
SIMPLYMIDGET

simplymidget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Thanks for guide.

Don't waste time pulling off the petals. Cut off the head. - Spirit of Summer, Ryse

SIMPLYMIDGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:47 AM   #106
eiVaL

Y0 MAC's Gamercard
why dont they just put a poll next to every achievement in each games list, rather than comments since99% of the comments are useless and normally just speculating what it could be, since the list comes out months before the actual game.

there can be a poll with 1-10, and you vote on how hard you thought it was, then everyone can see a general consensus rather than bicker over just 1 persons opinion on how 1 achievement is so hard compared to all the others.

you'll be able to click on each achievement and see the vote tally just like Polls in a thread and the overall difficulty score listed rather than the number of comments for all the achievements like (11) for Intel Operative it would show the average difficulty based on voting...if you wanna keep the comments thats fine but add the poll!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g.../achievements/

and somewhere on the achievement list page for every game you can have it show the average voted difficulty based on all achievements for 1 final difficulty score for the game overall

maybe also have an 11th/additional option in the poll for story based achievements that you unlock by merely playing the game and dont require a specific difficulty like "beat chapter 1" or you could just disable the voting for those type of achievements and label it as such, otherwise someone playing on the hardest difficulty just cause they want the 1 achievement for "beat the game on hard" is going to complain or vote based on how ridiculous beating that level is on Hard, yet thats not a fair rating on the actual achievement itself since you could beat it on Easy to unlock it

make it happen admins!

edit- and the current rating stars are really pointless cause theres nothing that actually describes what a 1star or 5 star rating merits, get rid of that and just make a 1-10 poll with a clear description that 1 is easiest/hardest and 10 is the opposite.

and make it so only members can vote, 1 vote per profile to avoid spam voting. maybe if its possible with how the coding that this site uses, allow the person to change their votes without it being counted as a new vote, for instances where they re-evaluate their scores based on playing other games and thinking its now easier/harder compared to other games they've played, they can go back if they want and re-vote previous games if they were too harsh or lenient the first time.

=====================

then the guide makers can focus on just doing what they do best and that's explaining how to unlock the achievements rather than defend their opinion on how hard it may or may not be and ppl wont have to fill up pages arguing over one of the least important aspect of the thread's purpose.

Last edited by eiVaL; 07-06-2012 at 04:21 AM.
eiVaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:08 PM   #107
Graivul

Heroic Bishop's Gamercard

Nice guide thanks, really good game!

Graivul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #108
uhKillswitch

uhkillswitch's Gamercard
Thanks for your guide Maka and thanks for your contribution and tips you guys gave Flipadelphia and Nozza.
I just completed this game and I have to say FUBAR got over the top annoying at times.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #109
evilz

EViiiLz's Gamercard
thanks for the guide just got my 1k
Old 07-11-2012, 07:22 PM   #110
Ultra Octopus

Ultra Octopus's Gamercard
How is this Game? I Really Enjoyed the Demo, But seems as though A lot Of people are Having trouble With FUBAR Difficulty? Is it a Cheap Difficulty Or Something?
Ultra Octopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:34 PM   #111
imatt B4M

imatt B4M's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Octopus View Post
How is this Game? I Really Enjoyed the Demo, But seems as though A lot Of people are Having trouble With FUBAR Difficulty? Is it a Cheap Difficulty Or Something?
The game is great! I look forward to the free co-op DLC. And I am not to far in FUBAR yet but I do recommend picking up this game.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:25 AM   #112
HugTheBear

FuzzyDonkeyLegs's Gamercard

About to start this game tonite. Can somebody tell me if you can reload checkpoints for the achievements that you get for making a choice? Can you go back and get the other achievement without playing the entire chapter again? An example of the kind of achievements I'm talking about would be "Friendly Fire" & "Unfriendly Fire."

Thanks for the guide.
HugTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #113
stook

Stook85's Gamercard
Quote:
@Stook85
Ohm your post is pointless.Stook85
You havent even played the difficult fubar and you are going to tell us that this game is a 3/10?
Come on ...Just play fubar first then you will change your mind.
Its a 6 or 7/10 for sure.
Just to let everyone knows
Hey jamal, itīs okay...
i will give it a 4of10. but if i remember Black ops or modern warfare3 - i have much more trouble. so i think 4 is ok. But itīs only my opinion.
stook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:51 PM   #114
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Emerald   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
I've completed the guide now, any suggestions and corrections are always welcome.

If you've used the guide, and found it useful, please vote 5 stars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugTheBear View Post
About to start this game tonite. Can somebody tell me if you can reload checkpoints for the achievements that you get for making a choice? Can you go back and get the other achievement without playing the entire chapter again? An example of the kind of achievements I'm talking about would be "Friendly Fire" & "Unfriendly Fire."

Thanks for the guide.
Only some of the achievements. If you read each one individually, you will see which ones accept a reload, and which ones don't.
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:58 PM   #115
HugTheBear

FuzzyDonkeyLegs's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Only some of the achievements. If you read each one individually, you will see which ones accept a reload, and which ones don't.
Yeah, I noticed. I didn't read those specific achievements to avoid spoilers. Great guide though, thanks. I'll 5 star it for you.
HugTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #116
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
I've now done a read through of the guide and checked everything. Other than the slight amendments I've PM'd you, the guide is now 100%. I'll now be publishing and sticking it to the forum as soon as I can.

Current Gamerscore: GAMERTAG

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 07-24-2012 at 02:08 PM.
Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:49 PM   #117
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

Great guide thank you very much!!

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:45 AM   #118
Simlaurel

Simlaurel's Gamercard
Excellent guide Maka, it definetly helped with getting the full 1000/1000...Fubar was a little rough at times (Ch. 14 and the courtyard of death specifically for me) but nothing that a little perserverance couldn't handle. Cheers!
Simlaurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:44 PM   #119
XBOX ISAAC82

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Great guide and very well laid out but I am going to have to go ahead and say it. The achievement difficulty rating of 5/10 is just wrong and peopl e saying it is as low as 3/10 is a joke. This seems to have been extensively discussed already but I think it has to be said so you can see how many of us think that is just unreasonable.

Its obvious that the AD in itself is relative to a players skill so what I my rate one game a 5/10 another may rate it 3/10 and someone else a 7/10. Therefore a games AD should be based on an average players ability and I would even go as far to say kept on the generous side. I am not telling you how to write a guide but I just think that's what we should all be aiming to do as far too many guides on this site grossly underestimate AD ratings and people end up playing games based solely on that score. With all the people in the bitching thread stating that they gave up playing that has got to show you that this game cannot be a 5/10.

Friend Requests will likely be ignored unless you MESSAGE
ME FIRST
as I a have full friends list already.

Last edited by XBOX ISAAC82; 10-05-2012 at 12:08 PM.
XBOX ISAAC82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:21 PM   #120
yakuzzaa

II yakuzZaa II's Gamercard
This Game is a 7/10 for 1K !!!!
I played and completed nearly all Shooters - this Fubar shit is harder then any cod execpt cod waw !!!
Just a few people will complete this game.