PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > FIFA 13
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-21-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
Boomerang Cat

Arrow FIFA 13 – Career Mode Discussion Thread – Post Your Best Players, Bargains & Stories:

After the success of last Year's FIFA 12 Career Mode Thread with the Community members of the x360a Forums, I thought it would be beneficial to everyone to make it an annual tradition.

Remarkably last Year's FIFA 12 Career Mode Thread (Link) has to date been viewed over 250,000 times in less than a Year, which equates to more than 4 times as many views as the next most viewed FIFA 12 Thread on the xbox360achievements Forums.

With FIFA 13 now Released, many Players of the Game will soon be creating a new Career Mode with their favourite Team.

This Thread has been designed for Users of the Forum to share anything they think others might find useful during their very own FIFA 13 Career Mode.

FIFA 13 Career Mode Items of Interest can include:

Bargain Players: Those Undiscovered Gems that are excellent Value for Money.

Young Players with High Potential: Share those Wonderkid's whose attributes have grown at a very rapid rate.

Tips: Either before starting or during a current Career Mode Game, what are the essential Tips you would give to others?

Stories: Exceptional FIFA 13 Career Mode Stories which the majority of the Forum would find interesting.

Tactics: What are your "go-to" Tactics which help you to Win Matches or fight back from negative Scorelines.

Anything else related to FIFA 13's Career Mode which the majority of the x360a Community would find interesting:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Editor's Tips:

Link To FIFA 13's Best Young Players Career Mode Database: Click Here
Description: The FIFA 13 Best Young Players Career Mode Database includes all Players that have an overall Potential of 75+ and start the 2012/2013 Season at an Age of 25 or less.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link to Free Transfers and Lower League Club Tips: Click Here
Description: When starting with a Club in a Lower League it can be helpful to Transfer List & Sell nearly all of your Backup Players. This will enable you to Sign some of the Players who are available on Free Transfers to replace them. The Money raised from selling your Backup Players, will give you an improved Transfer Budget to spend building your First Team Squad.

Last edited by Boomerang Cat; 05-01-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Boomerang Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:52 PM   #2
PyschoJ2456

PyschoJ2456's Gamercard
Tactics - one tactic I always used no matter what its free form attacking instead of organized. I hate how if you take your striker to the left wing, the LW will just trail him, so instead in free form, he will attack the middle where your striker just was.
Tips - do not just buy high rated players because there rating is high, take a look at things that you need in your play style, ex. high stamina if you sprint alot, or skill moves if you do tricks. I personally will always stay away from players with stamina under 70.
PyschoJ2456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:33 PM   #3
Grey Delta

Grey Delta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Please reformat your post, the text is minuscule and a pain in the arse to read.

Grey Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:03 PM   #4
Starkweather

starkweatherxc's Gamercard
Can't wait to get started hoping to start with Deportivo or Blackburn as they have more Portuguese players than my Benfica.

Hope Shopto delivers extra early, teasing me with the picture of my game parceled and ready to go
Old 09-28-2012, 05:09 PM   #5
Samao14

Samao14's Gamercard
Will be starting up a Liverpool career later tonight when I have the game, and I will also start a career with Anzhi at some point as I did successfully last year. Players who I'm very excited to try out include:
Sterling, Suso, Allen, Pacheco, Wisdom, Morgan (all Liverpool), Tello, Alba (both Barcelona), Dzsudzsak (Dinamo Moscow), Pomazan, Jucilei (both Anzhi), Doumbia, Dzagoev, Schennikov (all CSKA Moscow).

What can I say, I was a sucker for the Nyan Cat design. Mark Hoppus's Amp
Samao14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:41 PM   #6
TWDownfall

Lethal Smizzle's Gamercard
I've been playing with Napoli. Signed Subotic (he's heroic), Hangeland (not so good), Beckham for a bit of depth (and £140k/25k a week) and Raphael Varane on loan from Real. Currently sitting 2nd after beating Palermo and Fiorentina, although I lost in the Super Coppa to Juvé.

Varane's (76) a very good young talent. So too's Lorenzo Insigne (76) and Eduardo Vargas (77) seems to have good potential.
Doritos Crash Course (200/200)
Harm's Way (200/200)

Games In Progress
Battlefield: Bad Co. 2 (105/1000)
The Walking Dead (350/500)
Feeding Frenzy (90/200)
L.A. Noire (945/1400)
TWDownfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:02 PM   #7
goofyvillain

Send a message via MSN to goofyvillain

goofyvillain's Gamercard
I'd recommend Tom Ince from Blackpool. He cost just under £3m, has a overall rating of 74, but using him on the right wing in my Villa career mode, he's done fantastic. He's skillful and quick, he's already started upping his rating, got a couple of goals, assists, and is only 20 years old! Probably the best signing I've made so far.

goofyvillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:57 PM   #8
Chris Recall

Chris Recall's Gamercard
In the little bit I played during the early release Edison Cavani from Napoli is a must. Awesome player in the game. Possibly the best striker. Can do it all.

Follow on Twitter: @Outlaw_Recall
Chris Recall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:23 PM   #9
Boomerang Cat

Tip: When starting with a Club in a Lower League it can be helpful to Transfer List & Sell nearly all of your Backup Players. This will enable you to Sign some of the Players who are available on Free Transfers to replace them. The Money raised from selling your Backup Players, will give you an improved Transfer Budget to spend building your First Team Squad.

I've taken a look at the Free Transfer Players Available in FIFA 13's Career Mode and here are some of the Younger Players that are likely to be good acquisitions that will to add Value to your Squad:

Selected Free Transfer Players to add Value to your Lower League Squad:
Bassam - GK - 6ft 4" - Value: 250k - Age: 20 - Ability: 62 - Potential: 68 - Growth: +6
Pal - GK - 6ft 1" - Value: 325k - Age: 25 - Ability: 64 - Potential: 69 - Growth: +5
Valverde - RB/CB - 5ft 10" - Value: 400k - Age: 22 - Ability: 65 - Potential: 69 - Growth: +4
Bejarano - LB - 5ft 9" - Value 325k - Age: 24 - Ability: 65 - Potential: 69 - Growth: +4
Gaman - CB - 6ft - Value 450k - Age: 23 - Ability: 64 - Potential: 69 - Growth: +5
Chumacero - RM/CAM/CM - 5ft 3" - Value: 450k - Age: 21 - Ability: 65 - Potential: 69 - Growth: +4
Azogue - LM/RM, 5ft 9" - Value: 325k - Age: 17 - Ability: 62 - Potential: 68 - Growth: +6
Basem Ali - RM/RW - 5ft 8 - Value: 400k - Age: 23 - Ability: 65 - Potential: 69 - Growth: +4 (Pacey Winger)
Somoza - CAM - 5ft 11 - Value: 300k - Age: 22 - Ability: 61 - Potential: 68 - Growth: +7
Tim Payne - ST - 5ft 10 - Value: 210k - Age: 18 - Ability: 57 - Potential: 68 - Growth: +11

None of these Players will set the World alight, but they are all Young with the Potential to grow slightly in Value and are likely to prove to be good acquisitions.

Adding Value and assets to your Club at an early stage is important and as previously mentioned, raising Funds from selling Backup Players and replacing them with Players that are available on Free Transfers will enable you to build a stronger First Team Squad.

Last edited by Boomerang Cat; 10-01-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:46 PM   #10
Boomerang Cat

I've now added an Editor's Tips section to the Top of the Thread and the first Link that I've added will take you to FIFA 13's Best Young Players Database. Details Below:

Link To FIFA 13's Best Young Players Career Mode Database: Click Here
Description: The FIFA 13 Best Young Players Career Mode Database includes all Players that have an overall Potential of 75+ and start the 2012/2013 Season at an Age of 25 or less.

Last edited by Boomerang Cat; 10-01-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:03 PM   #11
HJO1403

HJO1403's Gamercard
I signed Joe Newall. Not sure what team he was from though off hand.
He seems to be flying (although I am in League 1) - Cost £300k - £1,000 a week. Rated 64 - 23 years old I think?
HJO1403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #12
Grey Delta

Grey Delta's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang Cat View Post
I've now added an Editor's Tips section to the Top of the Thread and the first Link that I've added will take you to FIFA 13's Best Young Players Database. Details Below:
Great, now why don't you reformat it too...

Old 10-01-2012, 06:13 PM   #13
Boomerang Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Delta View Post
Please reformat your post, the text is minuscule and a pain in the arse to read.
Quote:
Great, now why don't you reformat it too...

Grey Delta, you seem to want me to Reformat my Text because what I've written is "minuscule and a pain in the arse to read" but it's showing up as the Normal size on my Computer - Verdana Font, Size #2, the same as every other Post on this Thread.

What exactly is wrong with my Text that's being shown on your Display?
Old 10-02-2012, 05:42 AM   #14
Grey Delta

Grey Delta's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang Cat View Post
What exactly is wrong with my Text that's being shown on your Display?

The rest of the thread shows up fine.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:59 AM   #15
GoWisfun

Efilnikufesin18's Gamercard
No stories yet, other than a dirty derby against the Spuds in the cup lol, 2 reds for me, one was my keeper.. and 1 for them and a few yellow cards in a 3-2 lose for me xD

Just wondering what the deal is with Drogba? is he a FA or what? He plays for Lille in my current game but friends have him at Barcelona and apparently Shalke 04 ? :s .. I didn't see him on the FA list and regardless of where he is it says he has been there since 2012?

I make montages, upload gameplay and fails ..
GoWisfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:21 AM   #16
Boomerang Cat

Quote:

The rest of the thread shows up fine.
Thanks for Posting, I can see that there is a minor difference shown on your display between the Size of the Text as it appears that the opening details are being shown to you in the Times New Roman Font.

However, on my display everything I have written within the opening details and the Editor's Tips section are showing up as the Verdana Font, Size 2, just like the rest of the Thread. Please see my picture:

There you go, it's the same Font and Size!

From looking at your Picture, it's not as if it's unreadable on your display anyway, I can read every word from the shrunken down version so it can't really be anything major to the naked eye.

It's pretty obvious what this Thread is for from the Title without having to read the opening details everytime.

Last edited by Boomerang Cat; 10-02-2012 at 07:27 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:05 AM   #17
Grey Delta

Grey Delta's Gamercard

Don't get me wrong, I'm not slating your thread or the reasoning behind it, just the fact that I found it hard to read the first post

Old 10-02-2012, 08:22 AM   #18
Hudson888

Huds0n888's Gamercard
It is pretty small text...

Anyway..

I started my Be A Pro season, im contracted to Liverpool, but have choosen to go out on loan to further my development. So I have joined Oxford City on a season long loan.

My first game (only a friendly) I scored a hat-trick! Not a bad first impression I think!
Hudson888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:18 AM   #19
Boomerang Cat

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I'm not slating your thread or the reasoning behind it, just the fact that I found it hard to read the first post
Lets move on from this conversation then and just put it down to a very simple conclusion, you should have gone to Specsavers.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:53 PM   #20
Thmsjms

Tommarse666's Gamercard
I started a career with Liverpool and signed Ilkay Gundogan from B. Dortmund, he's gone from OVR 80 up to OVR 85 so far, and he's quite young!

On another note, what's the deal with loan players? I still have Sahin and I'm near the end of my 2nd season, and Carroll still hasn't returned from West Ham?
Thmsjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:23 AM   #21
Vapourise

Send a message via MSN to Vapourise

Vapourise's Gamercard
started career mode with blackpool, pretty solid sqaud and good on the wings with tom ince and matty phillips, but ince moved to qpr cos he was unhappy and had no choice , so brought in so knew good wingers, wellington silva, raheem sterling and benjamin totori, all three are good, underated, young and can play either side and because iv been doing soo good with blackpool, got an international managers job at bulgaria at same time :P

30k - 28 / 10 / 2008
25k - 17/ 08 / 2008
20k - 1 / 08 / 2008
15k - 26 / 06 / 2008
10k - 9 / 06 / 2008

>> I Quit Achievement Hunting <<
Vapourise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:38 PM   #22
Meilutis

I started a career mode with Arsenal , but I don't know who should I buy for the RM position. Gaitan or Shaqiri ?
Meilutis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:03 PM   #23
bhsfifa45

muscledsutumn5's Gamercard
I started my career mod with qpr and Adel taarabt got upto 82 in 9 games that's +4 and hoilett got upto 81.
bhsfifa45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:04 AM   #24
Nykstukas

Hi everyone.

I'm new to the forum, and joined up when I discovered this discussion going when looking for transfer suggestions for season mode. I only started playing FIFA about 3 months ago, but have put about 5 seasons into FIFA 12 on Professional. I've made the step up to World Class now.

I've taken charge of Brentford as they are currently my local team, but am languishing 2nd from bottom as I am finding World Class tough going. I'm still enjoying it mind...

After reading this thread I opted to bring in Bassam (GK) and Ali (winger) on free transfers and they have fitted into the starting line up. I only had about .5M transfer funds, but also brought in two of favourite players - Marvell Wynne and Arvydas Novikovas. The former for his pace and defensive abilities (I use him in the Makakele position), the latter because he's a pacy CF from Lithuania (where my wife is from). He was sadly crap in FIFA 12, but turns out to be half decent in FIFA 13 and is already one of my best players.
Nykstukas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #25
NPCLowe

Dench x Naath's Gamercard
Started a career mode with Villa. Signed Piazon, Sterling, Butland, Zaha and Barkley who are doing well to match the current young squad with rotation. Benteke is the beast.
NPCLowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:06 PM   #26
MACdanstaface

MACdanstaface's Gamercard
busquets for 2100

Thx to SeedyEvil for the Sig

MACdanstaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:45 PM   #27
BENA42

BENA42's Gamercard
I started up a career mode with brighton and bought Gerard Deulofeu (LW) from Barcalona B done great for me 83 overall atm
BENA42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:48 PM   #28
BENA42

BENA42's Gamercard
Kurt Zouma is also a decent very young CB with alot of growth to be had if you have the time to play him 80+ ovr for me aswell
BENA42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:44 PM   #29
Boomerang Cat

I've finally started a New Manager Career Mode with Sheffield United in English League One while playing on World Class Difficulty.

Starting with a Budget of £1,600,000 there were only a couple of assets worth over 500k to sell, so I had to largely rely on Player exchange Deals plus Cash to be able to Sign Players.

My intention when starting a Sheffield United Career Mode was to Sell all of my Backup Players and valuable First Team Players to fund Signing young Players with high Potential or large scope for Attribute Growth using the Database. (Here)

Sheffield United - Season 1 - Summer Transfer Window

Players Out:
Kevin McDonald - £1.9m to Blackburn
Harry Maguire - 750k to Leicester
Ryan Flynn - 400k to Derby
Michael Doyle - 200k to Leicester
Marcus Williams - 325k to Charlton
+ Others Players used in Player Exchanges

Players In:
Jereon Lumu - 900k (600k + 300k Player) from Willem II (Eredivisie)
Niklas Barkroth - 375k from IFK Goteborg (Allsvenskan)
Luke Shaw - 375k from Southampton (Premier League)
Scott Fraser - 50k from Dundee United (SPL)
Alessio Cragno - 500k from Brescia (Serie B)
Vyacheslav Podberezkin - 725k* from Lokomotiv Moskva (Russian League)
Menno Koch - 250k plus a Player* from PSV (Eredivisie)
Lucas Torro - 550k from RM Castilla (Liga Adelante)
Aleksandr Putsko - 425k from Spartak Moskva (Russian League)

Note - Some of the Fee's given above do not count Players that were included with the Cash in an exchange Deal. Unfortunately there is no record of the Players or the Values of these Players that were included in the Transfer Deals.

As I've now reached January of 2013 in Career Mode, I can confirm that these Players have improved considerably from their original Transfer Values and Attribute Levels so here are their Stats from the Database with some of Details about them.

Player Potential From FIFA 13 Career Mode Database: (Link)
Key: A = Ability, P = Potential, PG = Potential Growth, GSF = Growth So Far (Upto January 2013)
GK - Alessio Cragno - Brescia - Age:18 - A: 60 - P: 85 - PG:+25 - GSF:+4 To 64
Description: Cragno is a Young Keeper with Great Potential, worth having as a Sub Keeper at a Big Club.
CB - Menno Koch - PSV - Age:18 - A:62 - P:78 - PG:+16 - GSF:+3 To 65
Description: Koch is a giant 6ft 5" Central Defender well worth the Fee.
CB - Aleksandr Putsko - Spartak Moskva - Age:19 - A:62 - P:80 - PG:+18 - GSF:+5 To 67
Description: Putsko is another big Central Defender at 6ft 3", a bargain.
LB - Luke Shaw - Southampton - Age:16 - A:58 - P:83 - PG:+25 - GSF:+5 To 63
Description: Shaw is also large at 6ft 1" and has improved very quickly.
CM - Lucas Torro - RM Castilla - Age:17 - A:63 - P:79 - PG:+16 - GSF:+2 To 65
Description: Lucas Torro is another giant at 6ft 3", can play CM/CAM/CF/CDM.
CM - Scott Fraser - Dundee United - Age:17 - A:46 - P:79 - PG:+33 - GSF:+6 To 52
Description: Fraser has the largest Attribute Growth Potential in the whole game, a nice experimental Player.
CAM - Vyacheslav Podberezkin - Lokomotiv Moskva - Age:20 - A:62 - P:83 - PG:+21 - GSF:+5 To 67
Description: Another big Player at 6ft 1", has Red Boots and can play CAM/CF/CAM.
ST - Niklas Barkroth - IFK Goteborg - Age:20 - A:58 - P:80 - PG:+22 - GSF:+5 To 63
Description: Barkroth is a massive Bargain at 375k, Right Footed with incredible Pace.
ST - Jereon Lumu - Willem II - Age:17 - A:63 - P:82 - PG:+21 - GSF:+3 To 66
Description: Lumu like Barkroth is also very Fast but is Left Footed, which is rare to give a better balanced Strikeforce.

When you consider that some of these Players have increased by +6 in around 5 Months, I would definitely recommend all of them for any Lower League Club or even as Backup's to Loan out when Managing bigger Clubs.

Last edited by Boomerang Cat; 10-06-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:20 PM   #30
Samao14

Samao14's Gamercard
So here's my Liverpool side after almost two seasons (I'm at April 2014):
Ter Stegen - 84
Kelly - 82, Skrtel - 86, Agger - 86, Johnson - 81
Gerrard - 84, Allen - 86
Eriksen - 85
Suarez - 90, Sturridge - 85, Assaidi - 84

Subs: Astori - 82, Enrique - 82, Denisov - 83, Romulo - 81, Witsel - 86, Ba - 85, Sterling - 79

Notable reserves: Coates - 77, Robinson 73, Coady - 70, Shelvey - 78, Suso - 71, Yesil - 72, Tello - 78

I rotate the squad a lot and hence that side is very rarely the team that I send out, however I would probably consider that my strongest side. While I highly recommend any player listed here, these are a few of my favourites:

Ter Stegen is a great keeper - he reached 83 last season however mysteriously lost two rating during a two month spell on the sidelines, and he has just got back up the level he was at before.

Skrtel and Agger are a highly recommended CB partnership, they seem to boast a strong understanding. Coates and Astori are also highly competent replacements who also keep the right footer/left footer partnership I have grown very used to. My full backs are all competent but Robinson's ability seems to be much higher than his 73 rating - he is fast, a good defender and a skilful player on the attack too.

Allen has grown astonishingly strongly and has been top for league assists throughout my career, sparking £35m+ bids from Barcelona and Real Madrid ever since January 2013. Eriksen was a summer 2013 buy and he has been an incredible buy. His value had doubled in just under half a season from the £15.5m I bought him for to over £33m. He was intended as a second choice attacking midfielder but he has been so prolific he has pushed Gerrard back to be more commonly used as a defensive midfielder. Suso is also a top quality attacking midfielder who has shown very strong growth to get to his current rating - he's so good I'm not afraid to use him against the top sides such as Man Utd and Chelsea (he scored against both last season).

Up front, it's hard to look past Suarez who finished top scorer last season and this season has averaged a goal per game across all competitions. He would be incredibly difficult to replace and his versatility across the front line is valuable. Ba has been good but often inconsistent, however Sturridge became a very good second season buy after a slow start to his career - he went five or so games without scoring before netting a hat trick against Chelsea in October time. Assaidi is a good player, but for me Sterling is the standout winger - pacey and skilful with a good eye for goal. Tello had a fantastic goalscoring record last season despite being a squad player and comes highly recommended too - he was nearly out of contract and cost me £1.5m - bargain, plain and simple.

This summer I'll probably be looking to sell Denisov, who has become a less important player this season, and potentially Ba, and I will probably look to bring in another skilful young striker (Jovetic has appealed since day one) and perhaps a young playmaking midfielder - my squad as a whole still feels a bit thin on the ground in the middle of the park. I'm also looking for a young keeper as second choice, maybe Butland.

On a side note, what international jobs became available in your careers? I picked up the Belgium job at the start of January 2013, a side who became a five star team this season - not bad for a first international job. Will probably lead them into the world cup/euros and then leave to take another role as I don't feel like staying with one country too long.

What can I say, I was a sucker for the Nyan Cat design. Mark Hoppus's Amp

Last edited by Samao14; 10-08-2012 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Additions
Samao14 is offline   Reply With Quote