PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > NHL 13
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-25-2012, 01:59 AM   #1
KrylonBlue

Krylon Blue's Gamercard
EA must change back to Tuner 1.03

The official tuners for online play need to be reverted back to version 1.3. I've noticed that on the newest update, my goalie will play like a mentally challenged individual. He will keep coming out of his blue box to play pucks that are not in his reach. He will also sit on his butt far too often even before the puck enters the zone. My defense is incapable of producing anything because they continue to be at a stand still for no apparent reason.

Due to this, I reverted back to 1.03 for offline play and it's far better. I did a Chicago vs Vancouver match and the goalies were noticeably better and different. Instead of always being 5 feet in front of the net when there are skaters playing the puck near by, I'm noticing the goalies constantly hugging the nearest post and looking in front and behind them. My defense isn't getting caught sleeping on the ice and my goalie is more aware of his surroundings. The issue with this whole reverting thing is that my friend and I are not given the option to play online on Tuner 1.3 and as such are stuck playing on the current tuner which is broken. I purchased NHL 13 to enjoy the online component as it was rather than what EA has now decided is correct. It's wrong to switch up a game so much that the goalie and defenders go from a simulation feel to that of EA Sports BIG title 3 on 3 NHL Arcade. If I wanted this silly non sense I'd go play that again.

Why is this important? Because even if you disagree with me, how can this be so obvious? I can immediately see a difference in my goalies reactions on 1.03 as compared to the most recent update. I want to play with my friend online but not when my goalie is constantly allowing 3 goals per game from the blue line or further. That's absolutely ridiculous and I consider this to be unacceptable. The tuners that came earlier than 1.03 also played better than the current tuner so I want the game I spent $60 on. I downloaded the early release and enjoyed it so I kept my pre-order for the full version. But only days later do I get a Tuner update that changes the whole game for the worse.

Edit: Just played online and beat my friend 1-0. I played two additional games and lost 4-0 and 3-0. In game 1, Crawford allowed 4 goals on 14 shots. 2 of the first 3 shots were goals and not good ones either. I out shot him 21-14 in this game. In game 2, I lost 3-0 and I got out shot 21-20. He was able to get a couple of goals from the blue line and a good deke move. Sadly, Fluery stopped everything AND the kitchen sink once again.

NHL 13 = Broken. At least when you use the Chicago Blackhawks. If Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, and Stalberg can't score on wide open nets, no one can. GTFO

Bring back 1.03 immediately! The only thing that has kept me from trading it in to Amazon is the abysmal $20 trade in value. Uh, not after I paid $60 for a DIFFERENT NHL 13 than I have now.

Last edited by KrylonBlue; 09-26-2012 at 01:12 AM.
KrylonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:46 AM   #2
KrylonBlue

Krylon Blue's Gamercard
I noticed a new update but it doesn't solve any issues...

I just lost to a guy 3-2 because my goalie is an idiot. Yes, I said idiot. Whether you agree with me or not, I have taken videos to show how stupid he can be at times. Unbelievable, cover the puck up you moron and also use YOUR glove!!! I apologize for the "fast" speaking, but it speeds up when I upload it for some reason. The first two videos were from tonight and the last one was last night against my friend. And before you ask, yes, thats the AI poking the puck in. :-|

http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...-12-21_554.mp4

http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...-28-44_855.mp4

http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...-51-29_495.mp4
Old 09-28-2012, 07:23 AM   #3
i fist brown i

i fist brown i's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
holy shit do i disagree with the fact they didnt improve anything. I had 45 shots on net in a HUT game (the other kid sucked) and he had 6.. THEY ONLY LET ONE GOAL IN! HUT is ridiculous now.. I'm done with it, im sticking to EASHL where the goals are consistently inconsistent.

goalies (in HUT) seem to control rebounds a lot better and the ones they dont control end up bouncing back to the point. This game is so far from realistic now.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

i fist brown i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:17 PM   #4
KrylonBlue

Krylon Blue's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by i fist brown i View Post
holy shit do i disagree with the fact they didnt improve anything. I had 45 shots on net in a HUT game (the other kid sucked) and he had 6.. THEY ONLY LET ONE GOAL IN! HUT is ridiculous now.. I'm done with it, im sticking to EASHL where the goals are consistently inconsistent.

goalies (in HUT) seem to control rebounds a lot better and the ones they dont control end up bouncing back to the point. This game is so far from realistic now.
Wow, that's awful! I was playing head to head against a random last night and won 3-0 but I out shot him 30-7. He could not.exit his zone at all it was so bad. I played another game that I won 6-2 but he too was pretty bad and I got a little greedy on defense. HUT suffers from hot/cold goalie syndrome my friend always tells me. It annoys him to no end.

My friend was using Crawford as his goalie because its all he had. He was awesome unlike when I.use him. Then, he hit a brick wall and sucked with rebound control and goals allowed. He was given lots of rest and nothing changed so he was traded.

Last edited by KrylonBlue; 09-28-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #5
i fist brown i

i fist brown i's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
the worse thing about the kids 6 shots is that one nearly made it in... im so tired of playing HUT and seeing the lucky slap shot goals that go uncontested by goalies.

seriously, ppl will just carry the puck into the zone and slapshot instead of trying to set up an offense. I usually win against these types, but sometimes i will lose and it annoys me to no end. Like i said, im going to only play EASHL for now on where its "consistently inconsistent"

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

i fist brown i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:48 AM   #6
KrylonBlue

Krylon Blue's Gamercard
I just lost to my friend 5-2 after downloading yet another Tuner update. Sadly, after a scoreless first period, my goalie became absolutely useless by allowing a few goals from my friend who had his back skate on my blue line. The goalie was not screened nor was there a rebound. Just a straight up terrible read by my goalie who didn't even flinch... I muted my mic our of annoyance because I'm becoming frustrated over this. A minute later, another blue line goal happens and I hear my friend go "Oh wow... what the heck..." followed by "Why is your goalie always so terrible?".

I'll say it again - at launch, NHL 13 was a master piece to the hockey genre. As it stands, it's a disaster. A HUGE DISASTER! This isn't hockey for the true fans... this is hockey for those who claim they enjoy hockey but don't know an off sides call from an icing call.