PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-28-2012, 10:03 PM   #1
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Wildlife Reserve boss fight help on TVHM (spoilers)

Anyone got any tips at all for this fight solo? I cannot survive for two seconds once Bloodwing dives down. It seems impossible to dodge. If she doesn't get me, the skags that keep spawning do. I've tried hitting her from the top of the lift by the respawn station but her health keeps resetting.

So far I've found playthrough 2 quite doable but this is a complete brick wall for me. I'm playing as Maya BTW. Weapons, mods etc are all fine. I can decent damage but like every enemy on this mode, one hit and I'm done.

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:21 PM   #2
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponypo2001 View Post
Anyone got any tips at all for this fight solo? I cannot survive for two seconds once Bloodwing dives down. It seems impossible to dodge. If she doesn't get me, the skags that keep spawning do. I've tried hitting her from the top of the lift by the respawn station but her health keeps resetting.

So far I've found playthrough 2 quite doable but this is a complete brick wall for me. I'm playing as Maya BTW. Weapons, mods etc are all fine. I can decent damage but like every enemy on this mode, one hit and I'm done.
As zero I had no issue what so ever with her....what level are you?

I have a 1200 shield and mostly used a SMG with 142 damage and slag effect.

"It is done then. Your schemes, like you, are put to rest." - Alta´r Ibn La-Ahad
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:50 PM   #3
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Level 42 at the mo. My main prob is just the damage output from enemies. My shields are 14.2k but one hit from anything instantly depletes them and leaves me with like 200 health. I think I'll either have to open up the game for some help or go level up a bit. Was trying to leave side quests till playthrough 2.5 for the better loot but I don't think that's going to work for me now.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:52 PM   #4
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Level 42 at the mo. My main prob is just the damage output from enemies. My shields are 14.2k but one hit from anything instantly depletes them and leaves me with like 200 health. I think I'll either have to open up the game for some help or go level up a bit. Was trying to leave side quests till playthrough 2.5 for the better loot but I don't think that's going to work for me now.
not sure how you only have 200 health at level 40, Im a 24 with 1300 health and that's with minus 300 health from my shield....as for not being able to dodge him i don't know what to tell you I dodged him fine, but I might have a move faster perk in my skill tree.

"It is done then. Your schemes, like you, are put to rest." - Alta´r Ibn La-Ahad
Old 09-28-2012, 10:55 PM   #5
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
not sure how you only have 200 health at level 40, Im a 24 with 1300 health and that's with minus 300 health from my shield....as for not being able to dodge him i don't know what to tell you I dodged him fine, but I might have a move faster perk in my skill tree.
You misundersand. I only have 200 health after being hit and my shield depleting. My actual health is 12.7k! Just to clarify here, I'm on True Vault Hunter mode, not the first playthrough. I rolled through her on the first playthrough.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:58 PM   #6
Spanish Assault

Quote:
You misundersand. I only have 200 health after being hit and my shield depleting. My actual health is 12.7k! Just to clarify here, I'm on True Vault Hunter mode, not the first playthrough. I rolled through her on the first playthrough.
ahh...sorry not sure how I missed that. Then yeah I'm still on my first play through. Never mind....

Old 09-28-2012, 11:13 PM   #7
MadDragon360

MadDragon360's Gamercard
To dodge him I just stuck to the walls. They have a slight edge on them that cover you a bit. As for the skags , I can't help because my turrets took care of those.

If the skags aren't infinite spawn, you could try sticking to the walls and kill the skags first.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:34 PM   #8
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDragon360 View Post
To dodge him I just stuck to the walls. They have a slight edge on them that cover you a bit. As for the skags , I can't help because my turrets took care of those.

If the skags aren't infinite spawn, you could try sticking to the walls and kill the skags first.
Sadly they just keep coming. I've had to quit out and will grab a couple more levels then it should be fine. Difficulty spike here solo is really noticable. I thought I was pushing my luck going through when I did as some mobs were 3 levels higher.

Old 09-29-2012, 01:43 AM   #9
MadDragon360

MadDragon360's Gamercard
Quote:
Sadly they just keep coming. I've had to quit out and will grab a couple more levels then it should be fine. Difficulty spike here solo is really noticable. I thought I was pushing my luck going through when I did as some mobs were 3 levels higher.
Worst spike I found was the Gluttonous Thresher!. I had to hide on a cliff and sit there throwing out my turrets, lol.

I'm on Borderlands 2 every day from around 1pm-1am (uk time), so if you want help beating Bloodwing, just send me a message/invite.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:48 AM   #10
Dreage

Dreage's Gamercard
I was a commando so i don't know about skags, but for bloodwing herself, i will say get a VERY high damage weapon "as high as you can find" and wait for her to land. You will die, but if you get her to land at least twice you will be able to beat her. That is how i beat her. Even with my turret killings skags, she has no opinion in my turret and still went for me, so her damage is pretty insane. The only way i beat her is waiting for her to land and giving her everything i had "i was using a assault rifle 4,000~ damage explosive".
Dreage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:17 AM   #11
Puppys
Queen's Final Reign

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Total Awards: 36 (more» ...)
I had little difficulty beating bloodwing on TVHM, although it was my hardest fight since Wilhelm.

I was a level 44 siren with an adaptive shield (pretty damn important for this fight) as well as maxed out in the healing class. I beat her by myself since all my friends always seem to have more important things to do

I mainly just used my rocket launcher on her when she landed, and then ran around (leave the skags alive for second winds) and collected the health while running.

If you take her down enough you can get a second wind from her, as this is what I had to do to beat her first (fire) form.

Not sure which skill tree or mod you are using, but just leaving my input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explicitlyy View Post
I love when people call me a "hacker" because I'm better than them at the game. Like dude, come on, just get good.
Puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:53 AM   #12
FireWarrior316

FireWarrior316's Gamercard
I was Maya when i encountered Bloodwing. Damn he looked cool but was kinda easy of a kill. i used a caustic SMG, Phaselock and when he got in close i switched to an static rocket launcher. He went down fast. I was level 19 i believe
FireWarrior316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:16 AM   #13
Int3rnalF3ar

Krayzie OutKast's Gamercard
Interesting. I beat her solo on my first try in just a couple minutes on TVHM. I play as Zero, and only used the deception mode a few times. My shield was like 18k, but everytime she hit me, I never lost all of it. I used a sniper rifle with 10k damage, and about half way through remembered I had a rocket with 100k damage. Took her out real fast and easy. If you don't have those, SMGs are great. I have one with over 2000 damage. I'm a level 45.

1200/1200 Halo Wars
1700/1700 Halo: Reach
1000/1000 Halo: CE Anniversary
1000/1000 Halo 2 (PC)
1000/1000 Halo 3: ODST
1750/1750 Halo 3
250/250 Halo: Spartan Assault (Windows 8)
250/250 Halo: Spartan Assault (Windows Phone)
400/400 Halo: Spartan Assault (Xbox 360)
1000/1000 Halo: Spartan Assault (Xbox One)
2000/2000 Halo 4

532/532 total achievements unlocked.
Int3rnalF3ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:06 AM   #14
Puppys
Queen's Final Reign

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Total Awards: 36 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireWarrior316 View Post
I was Maya when i encountered Bloodwing. Damn he looked cool but was kinda easy of a kill. i used a caustic SMG, Phaselock and when he got in close i switched to an static rocket launcher. He went down fast. I was level 19 i believe
we were referring to True Vault Hunter Mode, its the second playthrough where everything is much harder, but I definitely remember blasting through her the first time with my friend. We barely got a scratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explicitlyy View Post
I love when people call me a "hacker" because I'm better than them at the game. Like dude, come on, just get good.
Puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:58 AM   #15
asdfen

I had same difficulty with it till I just said screw it and got my trusty shotgun out with zero and stood right in middle of arena and shot it in the face while it dived for me. basically unless you can do enough damage to kill it fast you wont be able to complete this fight. if you manage to kill its form while in fight for life it restores you also. If you are really good with joystick and/or playing on pc you can do the same thing with sniper just make sure to land head shots. This bird doesn't have too many hp at all.

Side note: The skagg script for this fight seems buggy. Sometimes I would get overwelmed by countless skagg others none spawned. It is bad to the point I dont know what is the proper script and not the bugged one.

Last edited by asdfen; 09-29-2012 at 10:01 AM.
asdfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:08 PM   #16
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Thanks for all the tips guys. Going to have another run today. Got a level or two higher now and that exponentially boosts my damage etc so it should be sweet now.