PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim > Hearthfire
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-06-2012, 07:56 PM   #31
ghostx30

ghost X30's Gamercard
All I had to do was give the douche a Black Briar Mead and clear out a bandit den and then the steward would sell me the land.
ghostx30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #32
bob101910

bob101910 rfp's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
Ive done none of the rare gifts quest. Dude wants me to bring him a drink.... then, as you say, he will ask me to kill a bandit.

The other rare gift quests arent even for Falkreath. I think its if you have those open he wont give you the get him booze rare gift quest.

Once those are done, you may be able to buy it right away... or you may have to wait for the mailed invite.
Yeah, just did the bandit quest and now I can purchase land. Don't need to be the thane.
Most Recent: Shark Dash
bob101910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:54 AM   #33
xEndriux

xEndriux's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
yeahhh I got it
it was the mission "Getting the book Song of the Alchemists for Lami in Morthal". After that I had the option to do the gift mission and kill bandit too

Seriously 3.0 unlocked 2/20/2012
1st on x360a: Metro Last Light - Metro 2033 - PES2010 - PES2011- FableIII Traitor's Keep - Marvel SSH:TIG Thanos Throwdown

Completed XBLA: 43/43
Completed Retail: 186/188
Completed Retail with DLC: 186/188
GS Completion: 99.95%

xEndriux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:04 PM   #34
ShaggyB

ShaggyB's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob101910 View Post
Yeah, just did the bandit quest and now I can purchase land. Don't need to be the thane.
yep I can confirm that result as well. Jarl mentions it to me as well.
ShaggyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #35
lighthouse777

starlight777's Gamercard
i have two gamer tags on lighthouse777
this quest is open Song of the Alchemists for Lami in Morthal
and i got all three houses

on starlight777 i tried on two different characters

the one with the mirror quest open, i have all three plots/houses

on the one with no radiant quests open.. none
i cannot buy the falkreath house
denier is the jarl and i became his thane as well as the one before him
so i became than twice in the strongholds that were taken over by the storm cloaks

the only difference is i did deniers quest to steal a letter after he became jarl
never did on the other two
and thats the one i cannot get the house in falkreath

Last edited by lighthouse777; 09-08-2012 at 07:12 PM.
lighthouse777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:46 AM   #36
Chief0856

chief0856's Gamercard
Same problems

I'm not sure what's wrong with mine. I was able to get the "Mead" quest from Jarl Siddgeir but it won't give me the "Kill the bandit leader quest". Am I missing something? I got the 2 other plots no problem and of course the Falkreath plot is the one I really want.
Chief0856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:52 AM   #37
buggss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief0856 View Post
I'm not sure what's wrong with mine. I was able to get the "Mead" quest from Jarl Siddgeir but it won't give me the "Kill the bandit leader quest". Am I missing something? I got the 2 other plots no problem and of course the Falkreath plot is the one I really want.
Hmmm, haven't heard that problem yet, getting the mead quest usually guarantees the bandit one.

Try doing some more favours for the Falkreath folk, helping the farmer, helping the blacksmith or doing one of the daedric quests which might make Siddgeir like you more to the point he'll offer you the quest.
buggss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:58 AM   #38
Chief0856

chief0856's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggss View Post
Hmmm, haven't heard that problem yet, getting the mead quest usually guarantees the bandit one.

Try doing some more favours for the Falkreath folk, helping the farmer, helping the blacksmith or doing one of the daedric quests which might make Siddgeir like you more to the point he'll offer you the quest.
Thanks man. I'll give it a shot.
Chief0856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:37 AM   #39
ryanclive

Hikusaak's Gamercard
Quote:

Is the mead quest new to Siddgeir/Skyrim with the Hearthfire DLC? Because I faintly remember doing it ages ago when I became Thane of Falkreath. I'm beginning to think I shouldn't have, and it's probably what opens the dialogue to buy the land.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:06 AM   #40
buggss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanclive View Post
Is the mead quest new to Siddgeir/Skyrim with the Hearthfire DLC? Because I faintly remember doing it ages ago when I became Thane of Falkreath. I'm beginning to think I shouldn't have, and it's probably what opens the dialogue to buy the land.
Nah it's the first quest given to you by Siddgeir, basically he seems like a dodgy guy who's getting you to do some dirty work and clearing up some skeletons in the closet by killing the bandits after.

Nothing to do with any of the DLC's.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:07 AM   #41
Face de Crepe

Face de Crepe's Gamercard
If I indeed understand, every person having launched the DLC after he is already Thane of Falkreath and whom Halvard is dead during a quest of Dark Brotherhood and whether it is Siddgeir who is Jarl can't obtain the option of dialogue to buy the plot of land with Nenya, the Chamberlain ?

PS : Sorry for my english, i'm french...

Face de Crepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #42
sho91

sho91's Gamercard
So i loaded up a level 18 save to be sure and got a messenger about falkreath, which i hadn't discovered yet .talked to Jarl Siddgeir didn't buy him booze did the bandit quest and boom land available .NOTE i had only done 1
daedric quest and 0 rare gift quest and tekla is the steward and some old white haired guy is jarl..what a mess, i'm gonna finish my house and child achievements and go back to my level 55"too much time invested"...too bad nice area to build on...
sho91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:40 PM   #43
buggss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face de Crepe View Post
If I indeed understand, every person having launched the DLC after he is already Thane of Falkreath and whom Halvard is dead during a quest of Dark Brotherhood and whether it is Siddgeir who is Jarl can't obtain the option of dialogue to buy the plot of land with Nenya, the Chamberlain ?

PS : Sorry for my english, i'm french...

Hehe....

Nope. I have one character that has exactly those conditions and can't buy Falkreath. I also have another character who satisfies all those conditions that CAN buy Falkreath.

The main differences between the 2 are:

Can't buy-

• Finished alduin and imperial quests
  • Killed Half-moon mill male AND female vampires during DB mission
  • Part-way through Dawnstar
  • Have an uncompletable radiant bounty quest for Skald who won't accept the hand-in and can't make that quests an active quest.
Can buy-

• Haven't finished alduin quests
  • Haven't started imperial quests
  • Haven't started Dawnstar
  • Has an active rare item quest, (said to block the land purchase) the amulet of arkay for thorbold (sp?)
  • Only killed the male vampire at Half-moon mill in DB mission
P.S. Sorry for my English, I'm English!
Old 09-12-2012, 02:38 AM   #44
Comatose77

Comatose77's Gamercard
I Figured it out!

So I thought I was stuck like everyone else and read all of these posts and nothing really helped.... So I spent 7 hours doing every side quest I had, once completed I headed to Falkreath and spoke with everyone in the town people started giving me quests and the Jarl that hated me started to like me and eventually gave me the quest to become thane! Now I have the plot of land!!!

HOPE THIS HELPS!!!!
Old 09-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #45
buggss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comatose77 View Post
So I thought I was stuck like everyone else and read all of these posts and nothing really helped.... So I spent 7 hours doing every side quest I had, once completed I headed to Falkreath and spoke with everyone in the town people started giving me quests and the Jarl that hated me started to like me and eventually gave me the quest to become thane! Now I have the plot of land!!!

HOPE THIS HELPS!!!!
It may help those who weren't already thane, for some reason some of us have been a falkreath thane a long time and upon d-loading the hearthfire dlc have suddenly become unpopular with the jarl even though we've done and re-done every possible falkreath related quest and radiant quest.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:38 AM   #46
Inebriated Jedi
Sith Happens

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff - Community and Events Team   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
EDIT: Ignore this, I found the answer to my question.

Friend requests without messages will be ignored!

Last edited by Inebriated Jedi; 09-14-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:19 PM   #47
sho91

sho91's Gamercard
with my level 55 Imperial, I never made a choice as imperial or stormcloaks, but I'm an imperial and the replacement Dengeir of Stuhn never gives me the option to buy nor does his steward and I'm and have been Thane , also i did not kill Helvard for the DB nor cant do Ysolda gift quest for mammoth tusk as my speech is too high. , so every few days i go back there and i'll get random quest from the steward but never an option to buy ...Gonna finish Dawnstar as a Vampire Lord and keep at it....
sho91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:01 AM   #48
bigbubba

bigbubbad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehlamah View Post
Me like many others didnt get any options to buy or talk to the jarl/steward. But after reading around i found out that there are a couple of quest that blocks you from getting any new conversation with them.

If you have any of the following in your quest list, make sure you complete them and talk to the jarl/steward again. Atleast it worked for me

Getting the book The Mirror for captain Aldis in Solitude

Getting a Mammoth Tusk for Ysolda in Whiterun

Getting the book Song of the Alchemists for Lami in Morthal

Getting the book Night falls on Sentinel for Rustleif in Dawnstar

Getting an Amulet of Arkay for Torbjorn Shatter-Shield in Windhelm
Just want to say i've been trying everthing for this to work and then i found this and did and only one i hadnt done was the amulet of arkay! i finished that quest an did like 2 more in falkreath and i could buy my last piece of property !! thanks man!!
Old 09-29-2012, 11:39 AM   #49
buggss

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbubba View Post
Just want to say i've been trying everthing for this to work and then i found this and did and only one i hadnt done was the amulet of arkay! i finished that quest an did like 2 more in falkreath and i could buy my last piece of property !! thanks man!!
Grats.

Now someone fix mine before my new toon reaches and bypasses the one I've been trying to fix all this time.

P.S. Woot, no longer a "peon"

Last edited by buggss; 10-08-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:31 AM   #50
Traceguy

Traceguy's Gamercard
Fix the Glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by icechef007 View Post
I had the quest to give Ysolda the mammoth tusk in my quest log. Once that was completed I was able to get quests from the Jarl.

I did the same thing and it fixed the glitch. Now I have the achievement for 3 plots of land
Traceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:17 AM   #51
OGdragonborn

OGdragonborn's Gamercard
thanks, very helpful.
OGdragonborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #52
rickblood220

KingCrimson220's Gamercard
Issues with land purchasing quest line from Jarl of Falkreath...

Idk what's goin on but it's frustrating :-( just wanna buy my land an continue on in the game.
Well I have killed Helvard for the DB, completed all of the rarity gifts line except for the Jarls of course. Haven't turned in the quest after killing the bride, but have the letter an quest to meet the Jarl. Idk what's up but I almost think maybe it's how you kill his housecarl perhaps?maybe even if someone witnesses you he becomes angry with you. I just wish I could figure out some way to start the quest line for the land without having to reload a far earlier save just to get the land :-(

just said to hell with it, reloaded a save from a while ago. Too many uncertain variables to sort em out so.

Last edited by rickblood220; 10-08-2012 at 04:04 AM.
rickblood220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:22 PM   #53
buggss

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickblood220 View Post
.....Idk what's up but I almost think maybe it's how you kill his housecarl perhaps?maybe even if someone witnesses you he becomes angry with you......
Good idea but makes no difference. I only continue on these quests if I do them the proper way and I still have 2 games both with Halverd dead and one can buy Falkreath land and one can't. Neither would have had the DB quest witnessed.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:34 PM   #54
Siegfried

Send a message via MSN to Siegfried

SiegfriedX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Gold
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Just to bump this and let everyone know that this works. I don't know if it's really related to the quests mentioned here, but the fact is you can get the plot of land besides having done the Dark Brotherhood quest, because I just got it
Old 11-04-2012, 01:56 PM   #55
BraIrma

BraIrma's Gamercard
^
So what exactly did you do to be able to buy the Falkreath plot after completing the Dark Brotherhood?
Old 11-09-2012, 07:39 AM   #56
F TANK

F TANK's Gamercard
this sucks...i killedthe bandit leader and nothing. Every now and then he gives a kill the dragon/giant buy no option to buy. I talked to everyone in town and did what few quests they gave, and finished all the quests on my list. All that's left is, wrapping up 10 glitches quests the game won't let me finish, 1 of which is a fetch quest for someone who disappears depending who you side with in the war
F TANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:47 PM   #57
buggss

Quote:
Originally Posted by F TANK View Post
this sucks...i killedthe bandit leader and nothing. Every now and then he gives a kill the dragon/giant buy no option to buy. I talked to everyone in town and did what few quests they gave, and finished all the quests on my list. All that's left is, wrapping up 10 glitches quests the game won't let me finish, 1 of which is a fetch quest for someone who disappears depending who you side with in the war
Can't recall if it's the jarl who offers you the land or the steward but try whoever's the current steward as well if you haven't already. I believe the thane allows it without you knowing and the steward has the buy dialogue.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by buggss; 01-12-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:49 PM   #58
incinerator950
Banned User

incinerator950's Gamercard
Quote:
Hehe....

Nope. I have one character that has exactly those conditions and can't buy Falkreath. I also have another character who satisfies all those conditions that CAN buy Falkreath.

The main differences between the 2 are:

Can't buy-

• Finished alduin and imperial quests
  • Killed Half-moon mill male AND female vampires during DB mission
  • Part-way through Dawnstar
  • Have an uncompletable radiant bounty quest for Skald who won't accept the hand-in and can't make that quests an active quest.
Can buy-

• Haven't finished alduin quests
  • Haven't started imperial quests
  • Haven't started Dawnstar
  • Has an active rare item quest, (said to block the land purchase) the amulet of arkay for thorbold (sp?)
  • Only killed the male vampire at Half-moon mill in DB mission
P.S. Sorry for my English, I'm English!
Wait, I finished the Imperial side of the Civil War, slew Alduin, and completed the Dark Brotherhood quests. Why was I able to buy the plot of land?
incinerator950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:45 PM   #59
SimonJK

NeoVampyre's Gamercard
Am I screwed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icechef007 View Post
I had the quest to give Ysolda the mammoth tusk in my quest log. Once that was completed I was able to get quests from the Jarl.
But that is one of the many glitched quests stuck ing my misc quests that just won't complete. Does that mean I'm screwed for getting the Falkreath plot?
Old 01-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #60
buggss

Necro'd thread, don't mind the smell..

Quote:
Originally Posted by incinerator950 View Post
Wait, I finished the Imperial side of the Civil War, slew Alduin, and completed the Dark Brotherhood quests. Why was I able to buy the plot of land?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying my conditions are absolute, they're just the conditions I have. However I make a point of mentioning them whenever someone else states that a certain quest or action either prevents or guarantees a certain result as if I can get a setup that doesn't follow theirs then someone else can too.

Hope that made sense.