PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Fallout 3 > The Pitt
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-14-2011, 02:20 AM   #31
jeremyh120

Jeremyh120's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odi View Post
Collectable achievements are just another attempt by untalented devs to force a longer play time and/or multiple plays through the content. A truly talented writer could make the game interesting enough to make me WANT to collect all of these items. I haven't found a collections achievement yet that does that.

Guide from the start.
So Bethesda isn't talented because of this one achievement? You did play the rest of the game didn't you? This may be the case in lower quality games but I don't think it's the only reason these types of achievements exist. The fact that it is an achievement is enough to make me want to collect them, and I'm guessing the same for you since you have done it.

Now I haven't got to this part yet but I do plan to use a guide from the start. lol
jeremyh120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:04 PM   #32
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Oh bloody hell no. I found about 30 on my own just wandering but there's no way I would have found them all. Took me about 25-30 minutes with the guide video.

I'm not a fan of pointless collectibles, but the armour you get for trading these in makes them worthwhile!

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 06:05 PM   #33
Gilbot99

Gilbot99's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
Oh bloody hell no. I found about 30 on my own just wandering but there's no way I would have found them all. Took me about 25-30 minutes with the guide video.

I'm not a fan of pointless collectibles, but the armour you get for trading these in makes them worthwhile!
I got into the low 40's. But like you, I couldn't hold off on a guide for much longer. Other things to do...
Gilbot99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:56 AM   #34
Gamerscore Gods

Gamerscore Gods's Gamercard
4 without guide lol. waste of time if no guide use
Gamerscore Gods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:01 PM   #35
Gamerscore Gods

Gamerscore Gods's Gamercard
I watched a video and some of the ingots werent there? Does the PC version differ from the 360?
Gamerscore Gods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:35 AM   #36
GetNikolaiVodka

GetNikolaiVodka's Gamercard
Just used the picture guide and it took about an hour to get all 100. Not too bad, 20g isn't the best reward though.

100% Retail:
Oblivion, Bully, Fallout 3, Skyrim
GetNikolaiVodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:33 AM   #37
Evil L33

Evil L33's Gamercard
I got all 100 but the game glitched and I didn't get the achievement. I've completed it now and don't think I can be bothered going back.

I also had lots of problems falling through the factory roof... I had to delete Point Lookout to get it working and allow me to progress. Pretty sure this had something to do with it not registering all 100.

As much as I love the game it can be annoying as f__k at times with the bugs and glitches.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:07 PM   #38
Hardi

xXXHardixXX's Gamercard
I could collect about 40 without the guide. Even with the guide I had to do a second walk-through because I missed one. Absolutely not my favorite achievement!

Hardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:54 PM   #39
Akakiba76

Akakiba76's Gamercard
I did that and it was a life saver because it glitched on my first try and i couldn't get the last one thanks for the post.
Akakiba76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:45 PM   #40
Night45Fox

Night45Fox's Gamercard
Found all 100 on the PC version, and then when it came time to do it on the 360 version, I used a guide :P

Completed Retail - Alan Wake, Halo CE: A, Oblivion, COD2, MW1, MW2, MW3, Fallout 3 PC, Conviction, AC 1 & 2
Completed Arcade - Wik: Fable of Souls, DR2: Case Zero, Harm's Way, Dash of Destruction, Galaga
Night45Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:40 PM   #41
THC BLUNTED

THC BLUNTED's Gamercard
Well this leads me to the question: can you get these at anytime? Or are there ingots that are missable if you don't get them at a certain point?

I'm just starting the dlc and I am curious about this because the achievement guide doesn't say. Thanks.
THC BLUNTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:21 PM   #42
WOLFkraut

WOLFkraut's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by THC BLUNTED View Post
Well this leads me to the question: can you get these at anytime? Or are there ingots that are missable if you don't get them at a certain point?

I'm just starting the dlc and I am curious about this because the achievement guide doesn't say. Thanks.
I don't recall any of them being missable. So, I think you should be fine and if not, just keep a back-up save.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:55 PM   #43
xBIOxNINJAx

xBIOxNINJAx's Gamercard
I found all 100 after about six hours I think? I was bored and love Fallout
xBIOxNINJAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:48 PM   #44
chuggadave2

lonewanderer09's Gamercard
I alway used a guide to hard to search forever
chuggadave2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:51 PM   #45
EMP

MaGiC MaN TJ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Hell no. I got like 80 I think. Then on my second or third playthrough I used a video guide.

→The Xbox One is freakin Awesome ←
All generalizations are false, including this one.
~ Xbox One | Day One ~
EMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:18 AM   #46
atryeu

Evil.... I found 93 without a guide so far. Not sure how many hours I spent yesterday but I'm back to it tonight after I head offline. My missing ones have to be in the main yard somewhere because I'm certain I got them all in the supply building. I've filled in the whole map though and roamed for hours last night. No idea where the other 7 would be....

No guides for me though! Can't do videos on dialup and where's the fun in using a guide anyway? :P If I can't find it myself then I'll just do a new save so this copy is saved on it's own file and I can come back to it at the end of the game with a fresh view of the area

* Updated *

So, I found 3 more last night after I went back to the game and then I gave up after another hour or two. I just spent another hour tonight and I found the last 4, whoohoo! All 100 without a guide

1k points - Feb 16, 2013 ("Benefits of Civilization" from Red Dead Redemption)
10k points - November 2, 2013 ("Reaver" from Fallout 3 GotY)

Completed 100% (with DLC)
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (GotY) - July 28, 2013
Fallout 3 (GotY) - November 6, 2013
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Legendary Edition) - May 3, 2014

Last edited by atryeu; 10-30-2013 at 03:30 AM.
atryeu is offline   Reply With Quote