PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > NHL 13
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-30-2012, 05:16 AM   #31
mikeymud

Mikey Mud's Gamercard
So I followed the guide. Used Vancouver and won the Stanley Cup - first time, no unlocking of achievement.
The second time around, same thing, but this time I quit every other GM Connected League that I was in. Won the Cup, and this time the achievement unlocked. Didn't mess with my profile.
Has anyone actually unlocked this achievement in their first season?
mikeymud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:07 PM   #32
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeymud View Post
So I followed the guide. Used Vancouver and won the Stanley Cup - first time, no unlocking of achievement.
The second time around, same thing, but this time I quit every other GM Connected League that I was in. Won the Cup, and this time the achievement unlocked. Didn't mess with my profile.
Has anyone actually unlocked this achievement in their first season?
Yup I did. It was the 2nd achievement I unlocked after I bought this game.

Credit goes to Xerofox for the amazing Montreal Canadiens sig!

HabsCen10ial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:38 PM   #33
Peelman

PainIsGod's Gamercard
It did not unlock the first time for me following the guide and using the Bruins. It was my first GM Connected league and I had no others going at the time.

I got the achievement to pop on my second attempt. I moved my user profile to USB before starting the league. I was still in another league and didn't leave at any point, but it didn't seem to affect the achievement popping. It was a little late when I set up the options, so I ended up with it still having 7 game playoff series. To make it simple to win a game if I needed to, I had it on Rookie with 5 min periods. I advanced through the season and made the playoffs as the Canucks with no problems. The seven game series turned out alright cause I could sim one game at a time and only played if I was facing elimination. Even when facing elimination, I would start as a sim and then intervene in the last period to try and keep the time spent playing short. In the Finals, I simmed game to game until I could clinch. I played the final game and the achievement popped when I went back to the GM Connected menu.
Peelman is offline   Reply With Quote