Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-01-2012, 12:27 AM   #1
xWTM

xwtm's Gamercard
Mechromancer Achievements?

Any idea if the Mechromancer will have an achievement with it. I was thinking maybe "get 100 kills with the deathtrap". Or maybe Gearbox will add some more achievements with the new class. Now that I have all achievements I'm looking forward to the Mechromancer.
xWTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:31 AM   #2
Phantom-Phive

Phantom Phive's Gamercard
tweet randy pitchford. Ask him there.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Phantom-Phive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:32 AM   #3
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I don't think she'll have any, I think they'll focus all the achievements on the DLC from the season pass. So separate it into 4 installments

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:38 AM   #4
TW SweatySockz

xSweatySockZz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFZ Scrubs View Post
I don't think she'll have any, I think they'll focus all the achievements on the DLC from the season pass. So separate it into 4 installments
That makes sense, the new GS Cap is 2,000 per game now isn't it? So that means it should be 250 GS per DLC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Stoz View Post
Total bullshit! next you'll be telling me that my Zombie Cowboy riding a Unicorn surrounded by butterflies and rainbows isn't real neither!
TW SweatySockz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:48 AM   #5
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by TW SweatySockz View Post
That makes sense, the new GS Cap is 2,000 per game now isn't it? So that means it should be 250 GS per DLC.
Yea, they might also make an achievement requiring her... which will need two seperate DLC downloads... but I'll doubt they'll do that.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:01 AM   #6
Riphade 1

Riphade's Gamercard
Yeah, the cap is TECHNICALLY 2,000. Although, Monster Hunter is, I think, 2,250.

I doubt she'll have related achievements. The new characters will more than likely be extras for fun.

I like NEON colors and my BRISK could use a good home.
Get it?
Riphade 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:07 AM   #7
Blarghinator

Budda Kupp's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I would actually like an achievement added on for the mechromancer. And didn't Randy Pitchford say that there were going to be more DLC classes? Maybe they could do something like, 4 new classes, 1 achievement a piece, for 50 gamerscore. That would leave 200 gamerscore for each DLC, bringing the game to a 2000 cap.

Entered Alabama's Top Ten On June 26, 2012
Passed Number 9 on July 1, 2012
Passed Number 8 on July 13, 2012
Passed Number 7 on August 8, 2012
Passed Number 6 on September 29, 2012
You're next DefEdge
Blarghinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:18 AM   #8
GuidoNGR

dontVanek's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarghinator View Post
I would actually like an achievement added on for the mechromancer. And didn't Randy Pitchford say that there were going to be more DLC classes? Maybe they could do something like, 4 new classes, 1 achievement a piece, for 50 gamerscore. That would leave 200 gamerscore for each DLC, bringing the game to a 2000 cap.
Would like this also.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:25 AM   #9
Grimfel

Zombicidal RT's Gamercard
I love how optimistic you all are that they are going to actually take it to the 2000 cap... Has history taught you nothing?! Game devs are trolls who LOVE to stick us with assinine numbers like 1640 or 1760 or whatever... I'm not sure why they do it, since like a previous poster said 250 x 4 = 1000 which caps us at a nice even 2k. But nooooo... they try to get all "creative" with the numbers or something and then decide to not make any more DLC and we're stuck.
*end rant*
sorry... that's all.

Retail Completed 100% - 22
Arcade Completed 100% - 12
Want to Grind - GoW:Judgement /Borderlands2/Tomb Raider
(No FR or Parties accepted without message)
LotRO - Grimfel - Member of the LONGBEARD LEGION!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NataSS Inc View Post
It makes my naughty bits tingle when I can do it on my own.
Grimfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:35 AM   #10
Crims0nPenguin

Crims0n Penguin's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimfel View Post
I love how optimistic you all are that they are going to actually take it to the 2000 cap... Has history taught you nothing?! Game devs are trolls who LOVE to stick us with assinine numbers like 1640 or 1760 or whatever... I'm not sure why they do it, since like a previous poster said 250 x 4 = 1000 which caps us at a nice even 2k. But nooooo... they try to get all "creative" with the numbers or something and then decide to not make any more DLC and we're stuck.
*end rant*
sorry... that's all.
Broderlands ended with a 1750... I'm assuming this going to be the same with Borderlands 2.

Though I'm still confused whats wrong with numbers like 1640 or 1760...
Crims0nPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:43 AM   #11
GuidoNGR

dontVanek's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crims0nPenguin View Post
Broderlands ended with a 1750... I'm assuming this going to be the same with Borderlands 2.

I guess it's only for those OCD freaks who complete every game they get and like even scores.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:04 AM   #12
StayonTarget
It's a Carton!

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Community Gaming - Platinum   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
I hope it has one or two achievements. One for killing a certain number of enemies and one other special skill based thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riphade 1 View Post
I doubt she'll have related achievements. The new characters will more than likely be extras for fun.
She will cost $10 USD though. It's not some free thing so I think achievements would help get more out of it.
StayonTarget is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:19 AM   #13
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoNGR View Post
I guess it's only for those OCD freaks who complete every game they get and like even scores.
All achievements are even scores, unless the game ends in a 5 [or other odd number. Haven't seen that though]
Dog Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:22 AM   #14
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
I hope it has one or two achievements. One for killing a certain number of enemies and one other special skill based thing.

She will cost $10 USD though. It's not some free thing so I think achievements would help get more out of it.
I think the achievements will only be related to the story DLC... or they could brake it up into even smaller pieces and make each DLC worth 100

Old 10-01-2012, 04:27 AM   #15
GuidoNGR

dontVanek's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face View Post
All achievements are even scores, unless the game ends in a 5 [or other odd number. Haven't seen that though]
not what I meant, didn't think i'd have to get literal. like always ending the score like ie. "60000, 65000, 65500."
Old 10-01-2012, 04:33 AM   #16
Grimfel

Zombicidal RT's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crims0nPenguin View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoNGR View Post
I don't finish every game... but when I do I guess a little OCD springs up and I like to see those "even" numbers. Or at least capped. 1750 was fine because is was the cap. It just seems stupid and annoys my OCD a little when they aren't capped or at a "even" number like Guido said.

Retail Completed 100% - 22
Arcade Completed 100% - 12
Want to Grind - GoW:Judgement /Borderlands2/Tomb Raider
(No FR or Parties accepted without message)
LotRO - Grimfel - Member of the LONGBEARD LEGION!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NataSS Inc View Post
It makes my naughty bits tingle when I can do it on my own.
Grimfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:47 AM   #17
alanp9

alanp9's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarghinator View Post
Let's not give them any ideas, all this DLC is going to be expensive enough as it is.

But seriously, I'd rather not be forced to buy every single piece of DLC just to complete all the achievements for the game.

Then again, if they did something like that I'd just wait for a GOTY/complete edition and not buy any of it off the marketplace, so it'd actually save me money in the long run. Hmm...
alanp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:01 AM   #18
KingBroly

KingBroly's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I think she'll have Class Challenges, but that's about it.

Completed Games:
TMNT, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (1250), Halo 3 (1750), Fable II (1350), Tomb Raider: Underworld, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (1250), Resident Evil 5 (1300), Tales of Vesperia, Halo 3: ODST, Modern Warfare 2, Bayonetta, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Madden NFL 11, Borderlands (1750), Mass Effect 2 (1355), Sonic Generations
KingBroly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:50 PM   #19
SIMPLYMIDGET

simplymidget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TW SweatySockz View Post
You forgot who made this game. 27 weapon slots. Level 69 max (BL1)... even numbers mean nothing.

Hopefully yes.

159 completed games [Includes all DLC]
SIMPLYMIDGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:07 PM   #20
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
The mechromancer is coming out sometime this month, right? I can't remember what day though.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:10 PM   #21
Skorpion XBA
Prepping for Battle

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Platinum   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 2   XBA Representer   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain View Post
The mechromancer is coming out sometime this month, right? I can't remember what day though.
The 16th.

OT: I doubt that it will have any achievements.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:02 PM   #22
machonach0

machonach0's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMPLYMIDGET View Post
You forgot who made this game. 27 weapon slots. Level 69 max (BL1)... even numbers mean nothing.

Hopefully yes.
You can technically hold 35 items, your equipped stuff doesn't take up backpack space.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:02 PM   #23
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Anyone know what the DLC character is going to cost?
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:04 PM   #24
StayonTarget
It's a Carton!

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Community Gaming - Platinum   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
Anyone know what the DLC character is going to cost?
800 MSP or $10 USD.
StayonTarget is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #25
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
800 MSP or $10 USD.
Thanks for the quick reply!
Old 10-02-2012, 12:54 AM   #26
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply!
you didn't pre-order???

tisk tisk
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:01 AM   #27
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
you didn't pre-order???

tisk tisk
I rent 99% of my games, I haven't actually bought a game since Sacred 2...lmao.
I usually don't get DLC as I never feel like I get enough content for what I paid for it but I really like Summoner/Pet class types so I am thinking of getting this DLC.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:03 AM   #28
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
I rent 99% of my games, I haven't actually bought a game since Sacred 2...lmao.
I usually don't get DLC as I never feel like I get enough content for what I paid for it but I really like Summoner/Pet class types so I am thinking of getting this DLC.
ahh....Gamefly or something similar.

I always thought about doing that...but $14 a month is too steep. I just buy low and sell to break even.
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:13 AM   #29
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
ahh....Gamefly or something similar.

I always thought about doing that...but $14 a month is too steep. I just buy low and sell to break even.
Gamefly is more pricey than I would like but it works well for me. I have a 3 gameplan so it's like 32.50 a month but it lets me get most new releases right away and keep them as long as I want at half the price of a new game per month.