Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > F1 2012
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-22-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
Suki

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
WOW toughest F1 yet

So i have played 2010,2011 to death and this is by far the hardest simulation to drive fast laps by far, they seem to have changed the way the brakes work, when braking you will notice as u come down to around 30-40mph the front end stops biting and starts sliding meaning u just cant throw the anchors out u have to feather it at the end of hard braking or u just under steer off the racing line. I normally breeze through the time trials getting gold within a few laps but this year they are tough golds and i dare to say some ppl will never get gold making this a real tough 1000. ive been trying to get gold on suzuka for an hour now im .2 off and it will come but as i said getting a consistant lap is much harder.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:59 PM   #2
DeafSunchaser

MrSunchaser's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
agreed! played f1 since ps1 days and this one im having a hard time with! :S

BF2142

DeafSunchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:35 PM   #3
VisionsOfDemise

Inferno XR3's Gamercard
Goes to show Codemasters have made a proper good, solid title! Rather than just re-hashing last year's game.

Don't care that I'll never finish this game, it's fucking fantastic and that's all that matters.
VisionsOfDemise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:07 PM   #4
Nanbag

Nanbag's Gamercard
The whole mechanics of the game has changed, which is brilliant in my opinion. You have to really think about what you are doing every second which separates this title from other sims like forza. They have done a great job balancing the cars this year with the lower end ones being noticeably different in handling than the mclarens and ferraris. Whereas last year they were basically the same except slower, and this year they are a lot worse in terms of handling and top end speed.

Those commenting on the braking, i'm sure you have noticed the extra d-pad option for brakes, but if not there is one. On tracks like monza after the long straights you will find braking a lot better if you adjust it to the front. For those who aren't into formula one let me explain. If you adjust to the front you will find you get understeer through corners and if you adjust to the back you get a huge kick of oversteer and will probably spin off if you dont control it. Rear brake balance is used in tight corners so you get better turning in on entry. Front brake balance is used for high speed corners e.g. yeongam and for those in which you need to slow down rapidly from a straight e.g. montreal, monza etc.
Nanbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:13 AM   #5
treo9

Yes much harder i think, but i'm seeing on some forums that people are saying Legendary is still to easy, pffft righto mate.

I just did 20(25%) laps around monaco on pro difficulty in the wet,(finished 9th) it was without doubt the hardest race i've ever done in any racing game, where as last year and the year before i dominated most pro & legendary races in the wet and dry.

Managing setups in practise, and fuel mixtures, brake balance, and being on the right tyre at the right time in the race and qualifying make this game much more challenging than the previous two games, especially on pro and legendary, and the new physics and handling are brilliant, cannot stop playing.
treo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #6
NinjaPhilly

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Love the changes, found this the best F1 where I can reel off consistent laps.

Top job.

NinjaPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:12 PM   #7
MasterSparky

mastersparky's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPhilly View Post
Love the changes, found this the best F1 where I can reel off consistent laps.

Top job.
Just completed Monaco in the wet.. Leading from pole the whole race with Hamilton 5 seconds behind for the whole 18 laps.. Tense ain't the word!!

BTW: has anyone elses career giving an unusual amount of wet races... Think I've only had one dry race so far....

MasterSparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:53 AM   #8
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one that thinks this game takes serious skill, but also enjoys it to the max.

This is honestly one of the best purchases I've made this year, which is weird since this isn't the type of game I would normally buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterSparky View Post
Just completed Monaco in the wet.. Leading from pole the whole race with Hamilton 5 seconds behind for the whole 18 laps.. Tense ain't the word!!

BTW: has anyone elses career giving an unusual amount of wet races... Think I've only had one dry race so far....
I'm 4/5 races in (Career Mode), and have had 1 wet qualifying, which went dry on race day.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:05 PM   #9
IIP4U1II

I I P 4 U I I's Gamercard
Agreed that the physics are More realistic but achievements wise it's easy. I got 10 of them just by winning first race
IIP4U1II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:11 AM   #10
daenius

Daenius's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one that thinks this game takes serious skill, but also enjoys it to the max.

This is honestly one of the best purchases I've made this year, which is weird since this isn't the type of game I would normally buy.
This!

I've had my share of rage-attacks, especially during the 1st career race at Melbourne (I'm with Toro Rosso) but the amount of joy you feel when you've nailed a perfect lap is so much more enjoyable than in 2010/2011.

Love it!

x360a F1 2011 World Championship - McLaren Driver #1

daenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:00 PM   #11
metall2ica

metall2ica's Gamercard
This game is frickin awesome I love the changes they've made, done all the season challenge and time attack chevos, only done my qually in career on legendary and took pole in a Williams which is something I've never done on the older games on legendary
Old 10-09-2012, 07:21 PM   #12
Cr4zYb0y

Send a message via MSN to Cr4zYb0y Send a message via Skype™ to Cr4zYb0y

Cr4zYb0y's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIP4U1II View Post
Agreed that the physics are More realistic but achievements wise it's easy. I got 10 of them just by winning first race
Try racing on something other than easy then..

My first Career race I finished 19th. And that was racing one of my favourite tracks.. Flat out. I love the realism of this game, and the physics. Really enjoying it. The wet races are really tough and require so much more attention, as they would in real life..!!
Old 10-09-2012, 10:05 PM   #13
Suki

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
well since writing this topic i have since knocked off the ABS and Traction Control as well as braking and pit assist, and now it is such a great game, the feeling u get driving with these off is trully great and your concentration levels have to stay very high and if it rains u will have a headache but its great.