PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Batman: Arkham Asylum
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-31-2012, 07:05 AM   #91
itrustno1

IM FLOORED! and a lil p***ed

SO, THE "SHOCK AND AWE" IM READING ABOUT HERE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SHOCK N AWE CAMPAIGN FROM THE WAR IN IRAQ? WHAT THE F*** ARE THOSE FAMOUS WORDS DOING IN A BATMAN GAME! I JUST DONT GET IT! I JUST CANT GET OVER IT! IM SORRY BUT THATS JUST.....WRONG (to me)! I read somewhere many many years ago that sony bought the name SHOCK N AWE, but I may have misread it or.....something went somewhere fast.

Last edited by itrustno1; 01-31-2012 at 07:10 AM.
itrustno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:09 AM   #92
Radioactive Microbe

RadioactiveSkin's Gamercard
Did it, only 5 attempts too.

The Jungle Extreme one is killing me though....
Radioactive Microbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:40 AM   #93
Envy or

envybot's Gamercard
Shock and awe extreme was the very last thing I completed in arkham asylum, but didn't turn out to be as bad as I feared - partly because I had way too much practice on normal shock and awe. Some things that really helped me:
  • I never could get perfect knight, but I got quite good at variation bonuses, which really help if you can get 7 or more in one combo each round
  • i found that using the quickfire bat claw to pull guys off the fence going for the gun case really helped. If they get up to the next level, don't chase them - keep building your combo and wait for them to jump down. Yes, you'll have to keep vigilant about hitting anyone picking up the gun, but just keep that combo going
  • target knife wielding thugs for early instant takedowns. After the knife guys are gone, if there are just too many thugs, use some more instant takedowns to thin the herd
  • when guys with shock bars are far enough away, a bat claw + evade will generally flip you safely over them, push them to the ground and make them drop the shock bar

The last thing I'll say is that I started resetting when I didn't pull off a solid (~10k) first round - it is easier that the other rounds by far to push your luck for a single combo with no damage and a good variety bonus
Envy or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:50 PM   #94
otisH22

otisH22's Gamercard
Finally....It took many hours. I found a great video on YouTube that showed a style that worked for me. I watched many videos and most resembled a mastery of chaos beyond my skill set. Check out the link below it became my blueprint for success. Probably one of the most difficult experiences I have come across in many years of playing games but also quite rewarding when finished.

I wasn't perfect like the video but you don't have to be. The key for me was batarang usage at the end of the rounds to make maximum use of the "ground and pound."

Good luck to anyone still playing this incredible game!
otisH22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:55 PM   #95
otisH22

otisH22's Gamercard
Also I forgot to mention at the beginning of round four I used the batclaw three or so times to get the shock sticks out of the baddies hands and then went to work. The maker of the video above didn't need to do that but for me it made the round four task much easier.

Last edited by otisH22; 02-15-2012 at 04:58 PM.
otisH22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:05 PM   #96
JimCant

JimCant's Gamercard
I finished all the challenge maps on AA. I would suggest if you are having problems with one map (as in tried more than 2 or 3 times in a row), take a break for a day or two and then try it again.

There were many instances where I would try 6 or 7 times on one challenge map and never get it. Put it down and pick up up the next day and beat it on the first try.

Shock and Awe extreme sucks. It is doable even with the time limit. You need to really concentrate on getting about x15 and using the B, Y takedown on the guys with the electric rods.
JimCant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:10 AM   #97
liquidfire

LordCleavage's Gamercard
I agree 100% with the putting it down. I went though the combat challenges over a few days. Each day I would get stuck, go to bed, wake up, and do better.

For me, if I didn't have an amazing first round I would just restart. Must have hit restart 50 times on shock and awe extreme and just as many on rumble in the jungle extreme.

The time I finally got rumble, was a flawless 1st round (worth 28k points to me). From then on out, just finish and you get it.

If your struggling on points master how to do at least an 8 variant combo (worth 3.5k points) or a 9 variant worth 5k. That's 14-20k over the 4 rounds if you can get them in.

20 retails 100%

Boosting
Halo 3
Halo Reach
Peggle
liquidfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:09 PM   #98
Predni

rasterloda's Gamercard
Finally i got this Challenge, its not to hard when you understand the Combat System.

At Start of all Challenges i was a "button Smasher" after several Trys i learn and understand the Combat System and beat this Challenge in 20-30 Trys.

1000GS, very Good Game. THX Square Enix and Co

regards
Predni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:33 PM   #99
pseudoidol

pseudoidol's Gamercard
CURSE ALL OF YOU! i've been at this game non stop for two weeks and still cant do Sewer Bat Extreme. I'm so screwed.

-Chronicles Of Riddick: AODA
-AVP
-40k: Space Marine
pseudoidol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:30 PM   #100
liquidfire

LordCleavage's Gamercard
on sewer bat extreme, pay attention to who has what weps and counter accordingly, I also found it easier to just fight near the weapons boxes, and to quick baterang and claw when you can, also if you can throw an opponent into people near the boxes it helps immensely.

20 retails 100%

Boosting
Halo 3
Halo Reach
Peggle
liquidfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:31 AM   #101
rogernater

rogernater's Gamercard
I got this one quite lucky as i killed the last guy in the 4th round just as the floor was flashing really fast and the time clock was on zero for at least 3 seconds. I just got the rumble in the jungle one left then 1000gs for me
rogernater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #102
xxFlAwLeSs1xx

xxFlAwLeSs13xx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudoidol View Post
CURSE ALL OF YOU! i've been at this game non stop for two weeks and still cant do Sewer Bat Extreme. I'm so screwed.

This one was the hardest one for me too. I always got shot when I was doing the Y,B takedown. It took me about 10 tries for Sewer Bat Extreme, 3 or 4 tries for Rumble in the Jungle Extreme, and I got Shock and Awe Extreme on my first try.

The way I got Shock and Awe Extreme was just start the combo then Y,B takedown every third strike. I finished the last 3 rounds with no time left but I still finished. I think I also only had like 31,000 points.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:11 AM   #103
ktmare

ktmare's Gamercard
Seriously, i'll pay someone to pass this level for me. I've been missing it since the game came out. It's just plain ridiculous.
ktmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:16 AM   #104
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
It took a while to master the challenge but I grabbed the #4 spot on the leaderboards with a huge score. The best advice I can give is to make sure you maintain your combo and pick out your enemies effectively (tasers first); all whilst taking them out at a decent speed and watching your surroundings.
Latest arcade completion: Warface

McGoogles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:40 AM   #105
ktmare

ktmare's Gamercard
Lord in heaven almighty I literally just finished this god forsaken challenge! Literally hours a day would go into this thing.

I would recommend something no one has really said here, I think.

Get all your points in the first 3 rounds, I was under the category of plenty of points but not enough time. During the fourth round just spam the hell out of the batclaw for the first 10 seconds, try to ground pound some guys in there. And if you happen to be near the edge keep doing it and hopefully guys will get thrown over. After a year of this level I was able to finish it twice with this method.
ktmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:04 PM   #106
shredsector

shredsector's Gamercard
i got lucky but i agree to not chase the guys going for the gun because it's a huge timekill. also instant takedown is your friend.
shredsector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:15 PM   #107
xEMPTYGRAVEx

xEMPTYGRAVEx's Gamercard
I just tried to survive in this challenge and not cared much for score. After about 20 attempts i survived for the first time and got score over 31000.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:28 PM   #108
PC_GFWL_GAMER

PWXBOX360's Gamercard
Just completed this on both GOTY & std versions on 360 (also did it on GFWL for both versions).

Its much easier on GFWL as FPS is smoother/higher less chance of getting stopped out of a combo as you get slightly more time to react. Loading times are much quicker on an SSD so less frustration when you have to reload the maps to start again.

I would also say on 360 the GOTY is slightly harder on these maps as the newer game engine supporting 3D is not as smooth so I found it much harder to do these on GOTY than the std version the timing is slightly different.

Just keep practising they are not that hard with a bit of practice. Try to get A+X then throw someone over the ledge for an extra bonus when you have a high combo of 10+. Also I found on all versions if you can get 20000 or close to it by round 4 you will usually get 10-12K on round 4 as more enemies & higher combos to earn.
PC_GFWL_GAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:05 AM   #109
luis207

luis207's Gamercard
Are you guys serious
Honestly by the time i got to that challenge i passed it second try.
I guess all that practice with 40 combo chevo helped alot
Old 08-17-2012, 06:00 AM   #110
zarda1

Zarda1's Gamercard
I thought this was easy (after tons of practice on other challenges). For whatever reason I can't score enough points on regular shock and awe. I need the high score in sewer bat (extreme) and that and then I'm on to finish the GotY edition.
zarda1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #111
x_mania

XmaniaX's Gamercard
I haven't played Batman AA for a long time now. But since i've played Batman AC, i became better at the combat challenges. Still need to complete them on AC, but they are getting way better then on AA.

So with that in mind, i returned to AA. I had 4 challenges remaining: Shock & Awe (both normal and extreme), Sewer Bat (Extreme) en Rumble in the Jungle (Extreme).

I nailed the normal Shock & Awe in my 1st attempt. Sewer Bat took me about 5 tries and Rumble in the Jungle about 10. But i unable to complete Shock & Awe (Extreme). I managed to finish it once, but that was only 22k points. Had many times i was way above the 30k points, but ran out of time.

But i must nail this last one and will keep trying! Hopefully i will succeed some day........
Old 08-30-2012, 12:34 PM   #112
x_mania

XmaniaX's Gamercard
HELL YEAH!!!! I nailed it!! 32k points!

My hart was pumping like crazy when going into round 4. I already had 29k points at that time. So i used the explosive gel trick on the right platform to clear the ranks. After the explosion, i did like 4 ground take downs. Many of the tugs were just blown out of the ring. Won the round with 15 seconds to spare!

This was by far the hardest achievement i've ever down. Shock & Awe took my look 20+ hours! But i managed to get it in the end! What a sweet 1000 GS!!!
Old 09-03-2012, 07:24 PM   #113
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Good lord I tried this one for an hour today and couldn't finish round 4. Last combat challenge I need, and it is by far the hardest.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:40 AM   #114
Mindstorms

mindst0rms's Gamercard
Picked this game back up again after finishing Batman:AC. Managed to get through most of the other challenges but this one was very tough. Spent a few nights constantly trying this level and finally got it last night. My timer hit zero and I still had three or four guys left to take down. A couple went out with critical hits/ring out, but then the floor started buzzing and the screen went black, just as I hit the final guy. Was convinced Joker's face was about to greet me when the score page came up. 42k or something like that. Happy days. Now, on to RITJ(extreme) to complete the challenge.

Mindstorms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:51 AM   #115
oWARZONEo

o WARZONEo's Gamercard
thats pretty cool 100. games done nice
oWARZONEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:54 PM   #116
Smurfenstein619

Smurfenstein619's Gamercard
I first played this game on Free Comic Book Day in May 2010. I finished this challenge for the first time about 6 weeks ago. BRUTAL!
Old 11-17-2012, 02:47 PM   #117
lolrogi

lolrogi's Gamercard
It took me a while to complete this one, wasn't even close to beating the timer on the 4th round. Until i started to use (a)+(x) combo to throw them out of the ring. I finished with 10 sec to spare. So my suggestion is to throw the knife guys out of the ring asap. Once those are gone its just a mater of evade jumping over them (don't bother with countering, its to risky unless you need 1 for the variation bonus) and hit once or if you can multiple times until you can use a combo again and repeat.

Can certainly repeat the challenge using this technique.

To beat the score i suggest trying to get as high possible score in the first and second round using each ability once and then getting as much ground takedown in as possible so your not pressured on the last 2 rounds. That way you can just focus on clearing the floor as fast as possible to beat the timer.

Last edited by lolrogi; 11-17-2012 at 02:49 PM.
lolrogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:30 PM   #118
mercyforme

mercyforme's Gamercard
The trick is just to use your special grapples the second you can. If you get your combo high enough it's also worth it to toss some of the more difficult characters out of the ring (Knife guys, tasers, etc).

Personally, I thought this was easier than the first. The volume of enemies really helped me.
mercyforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:28 AM   #119
A7xGunslinger

A7xGunslinger's Gamercard
I was able to beat it without any trouble
A7xGunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:30 PM   #120
Achiever TM

Achiever TM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
for anyone with troubles beating it there is an excellent video that may help you out: