Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > F1 2012
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-02-2012, 09:09 AM   #1
bwfcskillsinhd

i Mr Pete's Gamercard
thoughts on this game?

i usually get bored half way through career on F1 games and thats just racing 10% distance but this games awesome! the game physics are spot on.thing i like more than ever is the realism,i mean cold tyres at the start of the race means you have to tread carefully even in the dry but get them warmed up and you can rip it up.pit stop & rules can make or break just as in real life.wet dry races are my favourite,it starts to rain,when do you pit & is it inters or wets? stay out one lap to long and youll struggle to make it,pit to early and you could make the wrong call! 3 laps to go at monza and it starts to rain and have a 15 second lead,i opted not to risk pitting and stay out on my options.i was ok until the last lap but ohhhh boy that last lap made me sweat,only just got the car home by 1 second! even in the dry pit windows and tyre and fuel stops are key. ok there are always things that make you scratch your head like spin out & it always seems to leave you in the most awkward position to rejoin your race but thats a minor niggle.i was gutted at first when they were forcing you to race at least 25% distance but now i see they want you to be emmersed and enjoy a real race experience.well done i love F1 again.oh warning!!! dont disconnect your contoller mid race because if you do youll find when you reconnect it your games frozen meaning a restart!

Last edited by bwfcskillsinhd; 10-02-2012 at 09:19 AM.
bwfcskillsinhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #2
milecoupe

milecoupe's Gamercard
Like it just my problem are those stupid dead zones they stole from forza.Thats the main reason i stoped playing forza and they annoy me because people do make mistakes and if you do your screwed for the rest of the race.When i race online with my leauge if someone makes a "cut pass" by going off track everyone always gives the spot back.I realize some people do cut online but all it takes is one race and there kicked and those dead zones are'nt needed.Pretty much my only problem with the game otherwise loved it
Magic 2011 online stuff

milecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:39 AM   #3
metall2ica

metall2ica's Gamercard
My biggest problem is the multiplayer and the co-op, the multiplayer annoys me with the penalty's, last night had a sprint race on Melbourne got punted off on the first corner by some dick and it gave me the penalty, next the co-op should be doable on split screen
Old 10-13-2012, 07:42 PM   #4
Benjaminjaninja

Redfiretruck12's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by milecoupe View Post
Like it just my problem are those stupid dead zones they stole from forza.Thats the main reason i stoped playing forza and they annoy me because people do make mistakes and if you do your screwed for the rest of the race.When i race online with my leauge if someone makes a "cut pass" by going off track everyone always gives the spot back.I realize some people do cut online but all it takes is one race and there kicked and those dead zones are'nt needed.Pretty much my only problem with the game otherwise loved it
What are the dead zones? That pathetic 5 second count-down after an illegal overtake? That's really annoying. If not, please enlighten me.

I r-e-a-l-l-y wish your name appeared on your overalls and car numbers changed according to your end of season position. The way it is at the moment, you'll only have the number 1 car is by ousting Vettel at RB...
Old 10-14-2012, 04:31 PM   #5
metall2ica

metall2ica's Gamercard
[QUOTE=Benjaminjaninja;5326077]What are the dead zones? That pathetic 5 second count-down after an illegal overtake? That's really annoying. If not, please enlighten me.

The dead zones are when you go off track and it slows your car down for you
Old 10-14-2012, 05:49 PM   #6
red_hammer

R3DH4MM3R's Gamercard
What annoyed me most is thats raining everytime - had a season with 8 wet races, but even worse - there were rainy sessions in 14 of the races! 70%!...

Read, there was a patch for PC that decreased rain chance but there's nothing said about a Xbox patch - they already released that patch?
Omerta - City of Gangsters (02/1/13 - 05:40pm GMT)

Completed retail: 33

red_hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:10 PM   #7
Benjaminjaninja

Redfiretruck12's Gamercard
[quote=metall2ica;5327525]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjaminjaninja View Post
What are the dead zones? That pathetic 5 second count-down after an illegal overtake? That's really annoying. If not, please enlighten me.

The dead zones are when you go off track and it slows your car down for you
Ah thanks. Yes that's really annoying too.

I'm in my second season and 5 races done without rain. Admittedly, Bahrain doesn't really count, but still
Old 10-26-2012, 10:19 PM   #8
Dr Bakken

Dr Bakken's Gamercard
Should I buy?

I have F1 2010. Is F1 2011 and 2012 any different or is it more or less the same game?
Dr Bakken is offline   Reply With Quote