Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #1
Troll Face Spartan

iMP II Spartan's Gamercard
Halo 4 limited edition guide available for pre-order

On amazon.co.ukanyway.
Halo 4 Collector's Edition: Prima Official Game Guide: Amazon.co.uk: David Hodgson, Major League Gaming: Books Halo 4 Collector's Edition: Prima Official Game Guide: Amazon.co.uk: David Hodgson, Major League Gaming: Books

Tend to get it for the multilayer tips and map layouts and it will usually come with some cool art work.
Just thought i would let you guys know because they usually go fast im pretty sure.

here are some details.

• Hard Cover – Features a hard cover with exclusive artwork, unique treatments, and limited edition numbering for collectability.
• BONUS Content – Includes an additional 48 pages of 'Behind-The-Scenes' content, interviews, concept art, and more from 343 Industries.
• Become a Legend – Offers the very best tactics to get you through Halo 4’s campaign with a Heroic walkthrough and Legendary tips.
• MLG Expert Strategy – Recruits the best of the best (Major League Gaming sponsored Halo players) to give you strategies on every map and game type in Halo 4.
• Follow Spartan Ops – Includes our FREE online coverage of the weekly episodic campaign with the purchase of this guide. A digital access code is included within the print guide.
• Critical Appendix – Details info on Achievements, Collectables, and Multiplayer medals within an extensive appendix.
• Forge Your Own – Discover the best tools and tricks to Forge a multiplayer map masterpiece you'll be proud to show off to anyone.

Last edited by Troll Face Spartan; 08-30-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Troll Face Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:11 AM   #2
CMCX360

EvilChameleon09's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Wow, Prima is still in business?
Old 08-31-2012, 01:57 PM   #3
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMCX360 View Post
Wow, Prima is still in business?
Ha ha, yeah, I'm surprised too.

You can find so many YouTube vids and stuff on websites you don't need to purchase a guide anymore. The last game guide I bought was one for Pokemon Silver.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:26 PM   #4
ModernSith2010

demontweak08's Gamercard
Why does that surprise you, I've always found there guides to be better than any other I've had(obviously they weren't for the same game) Anyway that cover looks amazing.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:18 AM   #5
xXmyxxmastaXx

xXmyxxmastaXx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
people still buy guides?
Old 09-01-2012, 05:44 PM   #6
Ty-Rex
Jardinho has a baby dick

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernSith2010 View Post
Why does that surprise you, I've always found there guides to be better than any other I've had(obviously they weren't for the same game) Anyway that cover looks amazing.
People aren't surprised that Prima is still in business in comparison to other companies, they are just surprised that any guide making company is in business at all.

The guide seems neat for what it is. It looks very nice, but like everyone else said, there's just no need for paper guides at all anymore. The only appeal it has is the novelty of being good toilet reading material. The Halo 2 guide was really great for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardinho View Post
Now seems like a good time to tell you guys that I don't have a small dick. Just felt the need to let you know, fellers.
Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #7
plum

Might have to get this. Would be good for my collection.Can I buy this at the moment or only pre order ?
plum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:46 PM   #8
Der Fuhrer

Panzer x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Halo 4 is a collector's dream, LE Console, LE Game, LE Game Guide, LE Controller. Wasn't about it isn't collectable?
Der Fuhrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:35 AM   #9
Annihil88torr

Annihil88tor's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
not gonna lie, it looks really cool.

instagram: andrewcool8
Annihil88torr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:24 PM   #10
ZingZitang

ZingZitang's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plum View Post
Might have to get this. Would be good for my collection.Can I buy this at the moment or only pre order ?
Only pre-order. . .

I've had this ordered for two or three weeks, simply because I want everything Halo 4. I also Own every Guide for Every Halo game, the First two actually had a lot of backstory and other little tidbits of information. The more Recent ones not so much, but I still get them because they look good on my shelf.

“Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.”
- William Jennings Bryan
ZingZitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:18 AM   #11
OceanH

Ocean H's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernSith2010 View Post
^This. Waaaay better than BradyGames, which has gone downhill big time with their crappy walkthrough in their guides (see Tales of Vesperia guide fiasco).

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXmyxxmastaXx View Post
people still buy guides?
Yes because there are still people here who write crappy guides. I usually/only buy guides for RPGs and JRPGs because there are way too much information to be posted in a thread, FPS guides are pointless as those games are linear.

It would have been awesome if an exclusive and unique DLC code was added as an incentive to purchase the guide.
OceanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:24 PM   #12
The Detective
Banned User

detective dolan's Gamercard
As much as I like the cover, I'll just stick with the LE. If I need a guide I could always just come here or go to TA, lol.
The Detective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:59 PM   #13
Reytrill

Reytrill's Gamercard
im so going to get the best version my local game store has i actually like the guide books that way you dont have to look online for info on everything i also got the guide for halo anniversary now i actually want the past halo guides damn oh well i did just get the xbox 1 year ago but if i ever see them ther'ye gone
Reytrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:12 PM   #14
Vectorman953

Zombie Gary Oak's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanH View Post
I usually/only buy guides for RPGs and JRPGs because there are way too much information to be posted in a thread, FPS guides are pointless as those games are linear.
When I was younger, my parents would buy me guides for every game they got me, and usually the writers + game makers would divulge some of the secrets you couldn't normally find even in a linear game. Of course the point is moot now since within a week of the games release all of the secrets have been discovered by picking appart the code. I still get the guides as gifts for christmas or something, but my girlfriend knows to get only the "big" games "books" like Skyrim or technically even Borderlands. She understands that for linear games it's dumb. Picture a guide for getting through CoD games

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanH View Post
It would have been awesome if an exclusive and unique DLC code was added as an incentive to purchase the guide.
That would be pretty cool, but adding ANOTHER thing for halo-fanatics/completionists to buy is just plain evil

Vectorman953 is offline   Reply With Quote