Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-23-2012, 02:58 PM   #1
Annihil88torr

Annihil88tor's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Which multiplayer maps would you like to see return in Halo 4?"

Community Forge Maps

Whether you're a die-hard supporter or an avid opponent of Reach's Forge, it's likely that there will be at least one community-made map that you're a big fan of. For some people, symmetrical maps like Synapse or Select provide a huge amount of entertainment and replayability, with some preferring asymmetrical maps like Eden Minor or Precipice.

With Halo 4 comes the opportunity to 'upgrade' some of these maps into fully geometric arenas, rather than being composed purely of Forge pieces, or at least include them as new Forge variants of whatever the new Forge sandbox will be.

So, which existing Forge maps, if any, do you think should be remade for Halo 4?

Geometric Maps

Reach shipped with three classic maps (Blood Gulch, Ascension, and Sanctuary) reconstructed using Forge pieces and present in multiplayer. It also featured a remake of Ivory Tower using full geometry.

Remakes of maps are becoming a somewhat recurring theme in the franchise, with Halo 3 also featuring several maps returning from previous games, such as Chill Out and Heretic.

With the possibility of existing levels being remade in Halo 4 being very real therefore, which geometric maps, if any, would you like to see making their return?

instagram: andrewcool8
Annihil88torr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:41 PM   #2
Der Fuhrer

Panzer x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annihil88torr View Post
Community Forge Maps

Whether you're a die-hard supporter or an avid opponent of Reach's Forge, it's likely that there will be at least one community-made map that you're a big fan of. For some people, symmetrical maps like Synapse or Select provide a huge amount of entertainment and replayability, with some preferring asymmetrical maps like Eden Minor or Precipice.

With Halo 4 comes the opportunity to 'upgrade' some of these maps into fully geometric arenas, rather than being composed purely of Forge pieces, or at least include them as new Forge variants of whatever the new Forge sandbox will be.

So, which existing Forge maps, if any, do you think should be remade for Halo 4?

Geometric Maps

Reach shipped with three classic maps (Blood Gulch, Ascension, and Sanctuary) reconstructed using Forge pieces and present in multiplayer. It also featured a remake of Ivory Tower using full geometry.

Remakes of maps are becoming a somewhat recurring theme in the franchise, with Halo 3 also featuring several maps returning from previous games, such as Chill Out and Heretic.

With the possibility of existing levels being remade in Halo 4 being very real therefore, which geometric maps, if any, would you like to see making their return?
I like the way they did it in reach by making psuedo-remakes of maps in forge, but I did not like how they looked. It seemed to me whenever I played a Forge World map they were all basically the same just because they looked the same, if you really want to remake maps remake them like they were, Blood Gulch for example did not fell at all the same with the Valhalla-esque water at one end and the lack of Red Sandstone walls. On topic though, if there is one map that they should bring back it is The Pit of Halo 3, one of the best maps they ever made I think, and they have beaten the Halo 1 and Halo 2 maps to death, they need to look either toward making new maps or bringing back the best of Halo 3.
Der Fuhrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:34 PM   #3
theNomad

PureNomad's Gamercard
I can't stand any of those forge asymmetrical maps you mentioned, I rarely rage quit, but if I role eden minor too often I quit. I think theres a good reason why MLG prefer symmetrical maps.

Its never going to happen because Reach got variants on both but I want Ascension & Headlong again. Its always an absolute pleasure to play on those maps I never really liked Halo 3's maps. 343i have killed anniversary now by removing btb so theres no way to play Headlong unless you've 15 buddies with it.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:22 PM   #4
ronnie42

ronnie42's Gamercard
The one's I'd like to see is Zanzibar, Headlong, maybe Terminal or Turf. Those are personally my favourites maps.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:11 PM   #5
xxdiamondxxinfernoxx

diamondxinferno's Gamercard
gridlock.....
xxdiamondxxinfernoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:50 PM   #6
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Headlong, Midship and Boneyard. I'd be happy if any 1 of those was in halo 4..
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:01 PM   #7
sanctusmortis

sanctusmortis's Gamercard
Boneyard, Zanzibar/Last Resort, Avalanche/Sidewinder, Narrows, Sandtrap, Headlong, Waterworks, Ghost Town...

If I had to say 3, it'd be Waterworks, Ghost Town and Narrows.

10 Retail (Lego Harry Potter 1+2, Assassins Creed 2, Fable 2 and all DLC, Fallout 3 and all DLC, Bully, King Kong, Harry Potter OOTP and HBP, Far Cry 3)
10 Arcade (State of Decay, Deadlight, Fez, 1 vs 100, Dash of Destruction, Banjo-Kazooie, Fable Pub Games, Battlefield 1943, Dead Rising: Case Zero, Costume Quest with DLC)
sanctusmortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:26 PM   #8
head0r Inc

AC Cloud Strife's Gamercard
Pitt or Valhalla

head0r Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:51 PM   #9
Reytrill

Reytrill's Gamercard
theres so many it would be awesome if they got 1 of the most popular,and most asked for maps from each halo game: halo ce,halo 2,halo 3,halo reach
Reytrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:16 PM   #10
Vectorman953

Zombie Gary Oak's Gamercard
It would be pretty interesting if they implemented a voting feature that you can reach via facebook poll (twitter hashtags if they weren't so easily spammed) and devoted website and through Halo Reach/CEA to vote for your favorite Halo maps across the series and they'd remake the top 3 in Forge.

THAT would be an impressive show of how far Forge has come.

A man can dream

Vectorman953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:57 PM   #11
BiggD
Smashing Shit in Pandora

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Diamond   XBA Promoter   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Guardian, Construct, Pitt, Zanzibar and Hang 'Em High would be real nice.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:03 PM   #12
Vendetta

Send a message via MSN to Vendetta

Vendetta x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
The Pit
Midship
Wizard/Warlock
Old 10-05-2012, 12:25 AM   #13
HighsounD

HighsounD's Gamercard
The Pit
Narrows
Guardian
Construct
Valhalla (already confirmed)
Standoff
Midship
Longshore
Old 10-08-2012, 06:08 PM   #14
Darkforce412

darkforce412's Gamercard
The Pit
Narrows
Guardian
Construct
Old 10-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #15
L1NK 1

L1NK 1's Gamercard
Guardian
The Pit
Construct
Narrows

In that order!
L1NK 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:54 PM   #16
RottenApp1eCore

RottenApp1eCore's Gamercard
The Pit
Guardian
RottenApp1eCore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:23 AM   #17
Au Asterix

au asterix's Gamercard
I get the idea of remakes but with the new games the maps are never going to play the same. The best example of this was lockout (Halo 2) being remade into blackout (Halo 3). It was easily the most loved and played map in Halo 2 however the remake just didnít play the same and hence never really took off in halo 3.
Au Asterix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:05 PM   #18
xDarKSidEx805

xScaRFacEx 805's Gamercard
Lockout & Midship
xDarKSidEx805 is offline   Reply With Quote