PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Mass Effect 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-29-2012, 02:05 AM   #31
Merch

GoodCoffeeJoey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...etirement.html

Keep blaming big corporation, gamers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same Article
“I'm sure the internal culture at EA had pinned the Old Republic conversion to free to play as a failure and hung that completely on Ray, so that would have hurt his upward climb. But, I figured he would fight harder. EA upper management must have been even worse than I thought."
Old 10-01-2012, 05:11 PM   #32
ZingZitang

ZingZitang's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
^^^ Classic!

Quote:
The thing is they said good things, instead of saying nothing at all. They have no reason to kiss their ass.
Yeah, except if they started talking shit about EA they would be blacklisted in the games industry for the rest of their Careers. From a business standpoint, the Games Industry is no different then any other. You don't talk bad about your former employers(publicly) if you ever want to be employed again. Its that simple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by astonwave View Post
Because people blame EA for EVERY motherfucking THING.
And don't you think they have a reason to? Do you really think its a coincidence so many Game Developers/founders/companies have left/collapsed/shutdown after being purchased by EA? Or even Activision?

Once again, the games industry is like any other. Big Corporations take over small ones, products become shitty(I don't necessarily think any Recent Bioware games have been terrible), original creators/owners leave because they hate what their once beloved family/small business has been turned into by big corporations.
Quote:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...etirement.html
Keep blaming big corporation, gamers.
Please, if they Actually think Mass Effect 3's ending was actually any good, then maybe they should start making beer.

When you put a product like a Video Game out there for the world, inevitably people wont like it. Surely they could handle a little fan anger. And these two, of all people should know that the interwebs are never happy.

It is unfortunate that they both have left Bioware, and best of luck to them both. But if they simply wanted to Retire they didn't need to come out with some BS like "Fan Negativity".

“Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.”
- William Jennings Bryan
ZingZitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:18 PM   #33
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZingZitang View Post
^^^ Classic!

Yeah, except if they started talking shit about EA they would be blacklisted in the games industry for the rest of their Careers. From a business standpoint, the Games Industry is no different then any other. You don't talk bad about your former employers(publicly) if you ever want to be employed again. Its that simple.
And don't you think they have a reason to? Do you really think its a coincidence so many Game Developers/founders/companies have left/collapsed/shutdown after being purchased by EA? Or even Activision?

Once again, the games industry is like any other. Big Corporations take over small ones, products become shitty(I don't necessarily think any Recent Bioware games have been terrible), original creators/owners leave because they hate what their once beloved family/small business has been turned into by big corporations.
Please, if they Actually think Mass Effect 3's ending was actually any good, then maybe they should start making beer.

When you put a product like a Video Game out there for the world, inevitably people wont like it. Surely they could handle a little fan anger. And these two, of all people should know that the interwebs are never happy.

It is unfortunate that they both have left Bioware, and best of luck to them both. But if they simply wanted to Retire they didn't need to come out with some BS like "Fan Negativity".
"They" didn't come out with fan negativity, some douche they worked with said this to someone in an interview. Take your internet news with a grain of salt and pay attention, everyone gets their panties in a bunch and half the time they don't even know what they're talking about.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:59 PM   #34
OrionSatsume

mastrchief34's Gamercard
In my opinion, they 'retired' because of The Old Republic and this has a lot to do with EA, but probably not what in the way a lot of people think. I honestly don't think their leaving the company has anything whatsoever to do with ME3 or fan negativity...to me that is a misdirection attempt by BioWare to just shift the blame away from what very well may end up closing their studio.

TOR had a massive development cost. Coupled with routine operational costs, there was no way they could make the game free-to-play (I know it is now or soon will be...but that wasn't the initial plan). What people have to realize is that TOR is a financial disaster for EA. If and when they recover the money spent to develop the game, EA owes a major cut of the profit to LucasArts for the Star Wars IP. Its a complete mess, and let me tell ya EA has BioWare by the balls right now trying to spike interest in the game (hence the move to free-to-play) because they are out millions of dollars.

Last edited by OrionSatsume; 10-02-2012 at 12:47 AM.
OrionSatsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:49 PM   #35
DxxxRules

DxxxRules's Gamercard
Did not see that coming

Rockstar Energy x Falken Tire

DxxxRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:59 PM   #36
Sanchezz4387

Sanchezz4387's Gamercard
Quote:
So why are people blaming EA exactly?
Every single game that was mentioned prior to EA buying bioware were all the games they have been remembered for.....jade empire, baldurs gate, KOTOR, DA, ME.....all the games afterwards are games that have been slowly declining in quality, ME2, DA2, SWTOR, ME3.....Ea leave a dirty footprint on everything they are involved in
Sanchezz4387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #37
Flippery

flipperys's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
Not every dev under EA can simply keep doing what they do without interference, I think Valve is truly the only autonomous dev under EA's publishing group. EA is smart enough to not mess with Valve, they have a golden goose there. But Bioware does not have that same independence.

As a sidepoint, I don't think EA own any part of Valve.

EA apparently did once make overtures to Valve regarding a purchase. One of the reasons they did not want to sell up is as follows:

"...Valve co-founder Gabe Newell, who has apparently long been convinced that the company would "disintegrate" if it was ever bought by another company.

"It’s way more likely we would head in that direction than say, ‘Let’s find some giant company that wants to cash us out and wait two or three years to have our employment agreements terminate,’ he said."
Flippery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #38
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   Subscriber - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flippery View Post
They don't. EA only distributes their physical games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:46 PM   #39
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flippery View Post

EA apparently did once make overtures to Valve regarding a purchase. One of the reasons they did not want to sell up is as follows:

"...Valve co-founder Gabe Newell, who has apparently long been convinced that the company would "disintegrate" if it was ever bought by another company.

"It’s way more likely we would head in that direction than say, ‘Let’s find some giant company that wants to cash us out and wait two or three years to have our employment agreements terminate,’ he said."
Correct, though the Left 4 Dead 1&2, Orange Box and Portal 2 retail versions are published and distributed under EA's partners program.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote