PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > NBA 2K13
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #1
Janier234

jdj413's Gamercard
No autosave!!!

Just noticed that this year 2k decided to remove the ability to turn off auto save. This really sucks, now you have to make sure you score gold on all your drills in career mode. The only solution to this is to exit to your dashboard before the game autosaves at the end of the drill. It wouldn't be so bad if the loading for this game was relatively short, which it isn't do to the constant updates the game will be having throughout the season. I finally felt like 2k finally released a basketball with very minimal flaws on the scheduled date without having to wait weeks or even months for an update, (we all saw what a nightmare 2k11 and 2k12 were upon their releases) but not having the ability to turn off autosave this year really poops. Hopefully they add the option in the upcoming months.... Sorry for ranting, just felt like I had to point this out.
Janier234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:18 AM   #2
AsianPet

Asian Pet's Gamercard
I think it's because this year, since the new thing is VC, the game has to check with the server online every time your game does something. If they added the option to turn off auto save, there would undoubtedly be various ways to exploit the system.
AsianPet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:04 PM   #3
RickyD31

RickyD31's Gamercard
This is another bullshit from 2KSports! I must play with autosave also using SP instead of VC?! no way...
Old 11-23-2012, 07:48 PM   #4
RuttedBike836

RuttedBike836's Gamercard
It also sucks because if by any chance your save becomes corrupt, you have no backup file to load. I even tried to make a copy from my harddrive to my memory stick, but it overwrites everything into 1 file, despite being on 2 different devices.
RuttedBike836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:55 AM   #5
CyRu5 7h3 ViRu5

CyRu5 7h3 ViRu5's Gamercard
I think that they needed to leave stuff alone the option to turn off the autosave was the best part of the 2k series for getting the max out of your drills...
CyRu5 7h3 ViRu5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:08 AM   #6
MackeyNArf3952

MackeyNArf3952's Gamercard
very f**** x912349

my save got corrupted or damaged & my player/career was deleted even though i was almost halfway through my first season, i was like "no F***** way!" 2k messed up big time. reminds me of EA making madden. how hard is it to make a game without bugs & glitches, seriously