PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Strategy > XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-25-2012, 03:28 AM   #1
widget624

WidgetV2's Gamercard
Demo Coming

But won't out on consoles until sometime around the games release.
http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread...nsole-Demos#21

It's already up on steam if anyone here has a PC capable of running it and wasn't aware.

It's not a great demo to show off the game. It shows the tutorial mission which is 100% scripted, you get a heavy restricted look at the base followed by the next mission which still acts as part of a tutorial but you do have full control after the first couple of actions. Unfortunately the demo is locked at the easiest difficulty which does make the mission a kind of a push over.
widget624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:55 AM   #2
Mr Wafu

mr wafu's Gamercard
The tutorial was frustratingly hand-held but it was over quickly so I didn't care that much. Second mission was pretty much exactly what I expected and enjoyed it as such.

Honestly, aside from the length, the big that that bothered me was the accents. Everybody has an American accent, despite having giant country flags on their backs, so the Russian, Japanese and Argentinian squad mates all sound like Hollywood action heroes. But then they've given a weird German (???) accent to the lead scientist character... I know it's a small thing, but they're trying to imply it's a big international organisation, which is totally undermined by the voices. It doesn't ruin the game or anything but it does show off a lack of polish that I hope isn't indicative of the whole product.
Mr Wafu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:38 PM   #3
Zombiechild

Zombiechild's Gamercard
I agree about the accents in the Demo and yeah hopefully it doesnt carr yover to the full game.

And yeah the first mission was very hand holding but it covers 90% of what you need to know quickly and clearly and thus people will remember and learn!, few games seem to be able to do that at all or just dump a ton of random crap in no order or context and expect people to remember.

The Demo was to short needed another mission

i get the impression the first few bit of the game boil down to

1, First mission is basic movement and combat,
2, Mission end get to base learn basics of research squad and promotion
3, 2nd Mission explains Hight/buildings and the magic of doors! ( open quietly aliens dont hear you! kick it down they WILL come looking)
4, possible how to intercept an alien
5, Crash site mission basics
6, Gloves off your on your own from here bitch!

Just cant wait xD
Old 09-28-2012, 11:33 PM   #4
bryson 06

bryson 06's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by widget624 View Post
But won't out on consoles until sometime around the games release.
http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread...nsole-Demos#21

It's already up on steam if anyone here has a PC capable of running it and wasn't aware.

It's not a great demo to show off the game. It shows the tutorial mission which is 100% scripted, you get a heavy restricted look at the base followed by the next mission which still acts as part of a tutorial but you do have full control after the first couple of actions. Unfortunately the demo is locked at the easiest difficulty which does make the mission a kind of a push over.
The second mission in the demo is great!! You should not be playing stock tho.

I just played it through on Classic difficulty, fighting mutons and cyberdiscs, with a squad of 6 ppl using plasma weapons.

The demo is so easily modded to anything you want. takes literally 10-15 seconds to change stuff.

http://http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread.php?140536-Demo-Editor-I-just-Made

Enough to hold me until it releases.
bryson 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:32 PM   #5
ethanbrowner

Xv Ethan vX's Gamercard
any word on the xbox demo yet