PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Resident Evil 6
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-03-2012, 03:41 AM   #1
RippinTags

FPS Jolteon's Gamercard
Difficulty

Is it just me or is RE6 kinda of difficult. I'm playing on normal for now then professional once i beat all the campaigns. But I find it kinda hard to take the enemies down(Even with a headshots) and always running at of ammo quick. I don't maybe its just me i haven't played a reisdent evil game since RE4 HD came out so i'm probably not use to it.

If i remember RE4 and RE5 weren't this difficult especially on the lower difficulties and even on professional i never really had any problems getting past the chapters. However resident evil 5 was easier in my opinion on professional compared to resident evil 4 .
RippinTags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:52 AM   #2
Delta438

Delta748's Gamercard
Yeah, it feels pretty unforgiving. In Resident Evil 5, the enemies were as slow as you so you had some time to react. Now that they tightened up the controls, the enemies also move more relentlessly. Not to mention one of them grabbing you instantly takes away like 2 of your blocks.

Delta438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:22 AM   #3
jules the great

Send a message via AIM to jules the great

OldSchoolJules's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Yeah, its not just you. You really cant afford to make many mistakes it seems even on playing normal. I finally am able to equip some skills so hopefully that helps. I just started tho and Just finished Leons first chapter. My god, does anyone else think that these chapters are long as sh*t? lol
Old 10-03-2012, 04:32 AM   #4
StumpyDan360

Send a message via AIM to StumpyDan360 Send a message via Yahoo to StumpyDan360

StumpyDan's Gamercard
haha ya i thought the same thing. roughly an hour and a half for the first 3 chapters ive done.. i feel like its too long, they shouldve broken it up more
Old 10-03-2012, 04:38 AM   #5
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I think it's too forgiving when you can go through an entire chapter with no ammo and one block of health. Every time you get knocked down your partner picks you up and you can go about your business. All while maintaining an A ranking.

Last edited by Shiftie; 10-03-2012 at 04:45 AM.
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:06 AM   #6
tg rico72

TG RICO72's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftie View Post
I think it's too forgiving when you can go through an entire chapter with no ammo and one block of health. Every time you get knocked down your partner picks you up and you can go about your business. All while maintaining an A ranking.
Don't you have to heal a little or the next knock down kills you instantly? That's happened to me a few times.
tg rico72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:11 AM   #7
Alberic

Alberic's Gamercard
I've only played about a chapter and a half of Jake on solo, but so far veteran appears to be a joke.
Alberic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:13 AM   #8
tg rico72

TG RICO72's Gamercard
I've been playing as Leon and my health bar usually runs around 2 or 3 blocks. There have been many times where I'm worried I'm going to die the next firefight because I don't have any herbs left and I'm saving the first aid sprays I've collected for the final boss. It does seem more challenging than 5 since the zombies seem much faster.
tg rico72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:26 AM   #9
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tg rico72 View Post
Don't you have to heal a little or the next knock down kills you instantly? That's happened to me a few times.
Use the..field medic skill.Your partner heals you one block of health when they revive you, thus next time you get knocked down your aren't insta-dead...and you can be brought back up with one block of health, knocked down again, brought up again. You get the idea One point in the skill is fine.

666 posts
Old 10-03-2012, 07:51 AM   #10
OptimusPrime76

KnightFall 539's Gamercard
Why are people jumping into the harder difficulties straight off the bat. You trying to show off your mad gamer skill or something. Or is that people are just impatient and want as many achievements as they can in the shortest amount of time?

It's fairly obvious that capcom have tried to add some longevity to the game in the hopes that people are still playing it when the first batch of dlc arrives and it's not been traded in. For a start they have made 4 separate campaigns and judging by leons first chapter these will be 5-8 hours each.

They've crafted the difficulty so that if you start on amateur by the time you finish the game you would have levelled up your skill trees just enough so that normal would be an easier step up. Just because difficulty achievements stack doesn't mean you go straight in on the hard settings. I played resi 5 on each difficulty as the achievements didn't stack on that game so I'm starting on amateur on resi 6, enjoying the story, levelling up nicely and then I'll play each difficulty setting.
People think it's an obsession. A compulsion. As if there were an irresistible impulse to act. It's never been like that. I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either.
OptimusPrime76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:25 AM   #11
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime76 View Post
Or is that people are just impatient and want as many achievements as they can in the shortest amount of time?
It's precisely that. People let achievements dictate how they play and they cut corners where they can.

Also the difficulty achievements for RE5 do stack, the thing is that you have to unlock Professional by beating Veteran, but Veteran is tough to beat without infinite ammo so most people played on Casual or Normal to unlock it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:32 AM   #12
OptimusPrime76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
It's precisely that. People let achievements dictate how they play and they cut corners where they can.

Also the difficulty achievements for RE5 do stack, the thing is that you have to unlock Professional by beating Veteran, but Veteran is tough to beat without infinite ammo so most people played on Casual or Normal to unlock it.
Ahh, didn't realise they stacked as remember having to play it to unlock professional. I did resi 5 a backward. Normal first, then veteran then amateur to get the s ratings then professional.
People think it's an obsession. A compulsion. As if there were an irresistible impulse to act. It's never been like that. I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:52 AM   #13
Shiftie

Quote:
Why are people jumping into the harder difficulties straight off the bat. You trying to show off your mad gamer skill or something. Or is that people are just impatient and want as many achievements as they can in the shortest amount of time?

It's fairly obvious that capcom have tried to add some longevity to the game in the hopes that people are still playing it when the first batch of dlc arrives and it's not been traded in. For a start they have made 4 separate campaigns and judging by leons first chapter these will be 5-8 hours each.

They've crafted the difficulty so that if you start on amateur by the time you finish the game you would have levelled up your skill trees just enough so that normal would be an easier step up. Just because difficulty achievements stack doesn't mean you go straight in on the hard settings. I played resi 5 on each difficulty as the achievements didn't stack on that game so I'm starting on amateur on resi 6, enjoying the story, levelling up nicely and then I'll play each difficulty setting.
I start on the hardest difficulty because that's what I've always done in games. Long before achievements existed, and long after they're gone, that's just how I play. It's more fun than just running through the lower settings, or leveling up on the lower settings to make the higher settings easier, thus eliminating the point of even having higher difficulties when Normal with no upgraded skills could be the same as Veteran with mostly upgraded skills. I'm not sure why people starting on the hardest difficulty is a problem for you.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:15 AM   #14
OptimusPrime76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftie View Post
I start on the hardest difficulty because that's what I've always done in games. Long before achievements existed, and long after they're gone, that's just how I play. It's more fun than just running through the lower settings, or leveling up on the lower settings to make the higher settings easier, thus eliminating the point of even having higher difficulties when Normal with no upgraded skills could be the same as Veteran with mostly upgraded skills. I'm not sure why people starting on the hardest difficulty is a problem for you.
I must admit on a lot of games I'll jump to the hardest difficulty first but if it's a game that obviously looks like I'll benefit from multiple playthroughs then I'll start low and work my way up. I like to enjoy my gaming and whilst I like a challenge I don't see the point playing a game, that encourages you to level up, on the hardest difficulty first and spending ages shouting at the tv in frustration because I'm dying every five minutes due to not having certain upgrades. By the time I get to professional I do not think I'll walk through it like I'm some sort of terminator with loads of powerful upgrades. I expect it will be tough but not frustrating.

All credit to you sir, you keep battling away on the hardest difficulty and I'll carry on my game my way. All hail the great gamer shiftie
Old 10-03-2012, 11:07 AM   #15
omarroms

omarroms's Gamercard
you will need the medic skill when playing professional since you gain health when rescue. and you will go down a lot. and having it fully level up heals you 3 bars so as long as your partner rescue you you cannot die.

i'm playing on professional with fully level melee attack, fully level combat boost, and fully level medic. with this setup i can melee almost everything, saving ammo, and if i'm down, i call my partner to heal me with 3 bars.

so far i've only die a few times due to parts where my partner and i are seperated, the enemy have some instant kill grab, or my partner was too far away and an enemy attack me.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:32 PM   #16
ImaginaryRuins

imaginaryruins's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I too play straight on Pro, but not because I want to show off as "someone" here said before. I want to take the challenge, and besides to be more efficient in terms of time spent on gaming.

I finished Leon's Campaign on Pro and sometimes it can be really hard, as basically the game simply doesn't want me to get grabbed by a zombie at all, or I lose lots of health quickly.

But ammo isn't that scarce. If one aims properly (I always had more than 70% accuracy) one should never run out of ammo. Moreover, Leon's campaign is more like a classic survival horror game that the enemies are not too tough. Ammo usage isn't that high.

10000G for 10 games on 7/12/2010
20000G for 20 games on 9/8/2011
30000G for 30 games on 6/5/2012
40000G for 40 games on 24/9/2012
50000G for 50 games on 19/5/2013
60000G for 60 games on 12/1/2014

ImaginaryRuins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:19 AM   #17
Onyxflamegod

Onyxflamegod's Gamercard
I think it's just the different characters that take different amounts of hp. Either that or Leon just sucks or Jake is broken. On my Leon playthrough with lv2 defense skill I was still taking multiple bars per hit or from getting grazed, and didn't find much in the line of herbs either. Then when I started Jake's I didn't even have the defense skill I was taking maybe a bar max from hits, and there were a few dozen times where I ran out of inventory space, and just dropped herbs to save inventory. Mixed herbs, so that'd be 6 health drug capsules per slot I waste. And I didn't even need them. I went through probably 30 total heal capsules on Jake's story. And I don't even know how many of them were me healing, or me just recovering stamina from all the unarmed attacks because I'm impatient.
Onyxflamegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:46 AM   #18
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Quote:
All credit to you sir, you keep battling away on the hardest difficulty and I'll carry on my game my way. All hail the great gamer shiftie
Drop the jealousy. You know, that "definition" in your sig is incorrect. You're proving to be a bit of a loser as well, because your jealousy is outweighing your reasoning . People play on the hardest difficulties because they like a challenge. Pushing yourself to your limit, and all that? Get over yourself, just because you can't beat the game without having to become a tank first.

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.

Last edited by Crimson Ridley; 10-05-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:40 PM   #19
Tellurye

Quote:
Why are people jumping into the harder difficulties straight off the bat. You trying to show off your mad gamer skill or something. Or is that people are just impatient and want as many achievements as they can in the shortest amount of time?.
Hey, disrespectful, know it all, opinionated, papsmear. Maybe people want a challenge.

For example, the fact that I can move and shoot and have 1000 bullets in every scene, and am a veteran, Normal is WAY too easy for me - I might as well be watching a RE movie instead of playing it.

So I up it. I pretty much suck at games, so when one is too easy for me, that is BAD! Every other RE game, Ive had to play on normal. This one is too easy for me, so I want a nice challenge - a balance.

I like achievements, but not so I can'brag'. I just like knowing Ive accomplished a difficult feat = such as I shot x amount of bullets with successful hits in a time frame, or I did a difficult task without dying. Makes my $60 worth my while.

So while some of us work and have families and mommy and daddy dont buy me my games - I like to make my $60 count and play them with fun when Im not at work or with my family, which leaves a small window.

If you play on a certain setting, that's fine, that's your choice. Dont bash others for not playing exactly as you do.
Tellurye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:45 PM   #20
TheSipuli91

sipuli91's Gamercard
RE4 & 5 professional were sooooo easy. RE6? Well, I ragequit Ada's campaign in the beginning of chapter 3. You know, that one boss mixed with no ammo at all, those zombies only drop skill points. Perfect... Gonna try it again once I unlock infinite ammo.
TheSipuli91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:21 PM   #21
Shiftie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSipuli91 View Post
RE4 & 5 professional were sooooo easy. RE6? Well, I ragequit Ada's campaign in the beginning of chapter 3. You know, that one boss mixed with no ammo at all, those zombies only drop skill points. Perfect... Gonna try it again once I unlock infinite ammo.
If you don't have the item drop increase skill, try your luck with that. I had quite a bit of ammo to spare for boss fights because of that..after the fights I generally had a few arrows left as well. Definitely a lifesaver when you're doing ALL of the work, unlike the other campaigns.