PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Dead or Alive 5
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-02-2012, 03:51 AM   #1
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Tips for Legend?

Ok, with a lot of patience i managed to beat Master... but i spammed Brad the best i could, i found out the only way i could beat a character was hoping for a lucky counter and then when they would be down i would go down myself and do the sweep thing, usually if lucky i could do this 3 times consequtively before they would sweep me.

I know its shitty, but the damn computer just counter EVERYTHING...

Im open if you guys have other tip for doing legend difficulty, mostly spamming and such, cause im not that great at the game.

Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:39 AM   #2
blazing hellion

blazing hellion's Gamercard
Be a cheap @$$ SOB!!!! Seriously I think legend is mostly luck based. Spam power attacks like crazy! I've beaten it with ryu, kasumi, tina and christina. Most took forever but with practice, patience and luck you'll get it.

It gets worse though. Beat arcade. And time attack and survival legend without dying you gets christinas, tinas and lisas rare costume respectfully.
blazing hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:27 AM   #3
danksch

danksch's Gamercard
As Much as i hate to agree to that, but Power moves are really your best bet. Try to keep a distance from your opponent, wait for them to rush towards you and then land a timed power attack.

I really hate it how the a.i. denies any mixup gameplay due to the excessive Input reading. Also the triangle System cannot be applied because the CPU only holds when you strike! So often i try to trap them but Its hopeless....cheap stuff indeed.
danksch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:06 AM   #4
PRmykey327

couldnt agree more on the cpu it bs
PRmykey327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:07 PM   #5
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Ok... so its not just me...lol

Well i think i can manage to finish Arcade, since you have infinite retry. Time Attack as long as you can go to infinite time... why not, will be the same thing as arcade... Survival i can't...

And i pretty much forgot the last costumes... i know i will never get them... damn Thecmo for that... beating the game on the hardest setting without loosing a fight... CMON how cheap that can be... That should had been a title only so the ones who did it could brag online about it but not a costume...

Gears of War Legend
Old 10-02-2012, 04:25 PM   #6
Tenreth

Use Leifang and spam 1 P+K.
This will work with rare unlocks. Play tag, first char you chose, gets the unlock.

This should be the best way. Found on gamefaqs forum.
Tenreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:47 PM   #7
AegisOrnus

Aegis Ornus's Gamercard
Legend is perfectly manageable if you just whiff-punish everything. Not sure if you noticed how the com attacks even when you're nowhere near them but that's the time to strike. I'm a Mila player so I just stuff every attempt with a singular 4H+K. It's damn well necessary for Bass and Tina who will counter every first and second attack. Just go for singular hits, launches, and power blows.

A lot of people use the Lei Fang method listed above, I haven't tested it but plenty of people say it works. But in case you don't want to use her, just whiff-punish.

Come check out my reviews! - aegisreviews.blogspot.com

Leave a comment!
AegisOrnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:01 PM   #8
Tenreth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AegisOrnus View Post
I haven't tested it but plenty of people say it works. But in case you don't want to use her, just whiff-punish.
Clearing all Stages first try with Leifang. If you don't want to use her: all charged attacks should work. Leifang is pretty easy, just hold 1 and press LB when the enemy is close, or hold it when he's attacking. Don't bother with other attacks. They can get you locked into a combo-chain pretty easy.

In Tag, maybe the time is running out this way. Have to see myself later.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:17 AM   #9
So Young

and what is the command for the "1" thing?
So Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:44 PM   #10
reaper527

Reaper527's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Young View Post
and what is the command for the "1" thing?
down-back

here is the image that rman put in the thread about critical burst/power moves:

(don't feel too bad about not knowing what it meant. i still have no idea what those numbers mean and have to look up what direction is being talked about whenever i see them. when i see numbers, i naturally think of where they'd be on a clock, which clearly would be wrong)
Old 10-05-2012, 06:11 PM   #11
Tenreth

Those numbers are... just numbers... but arranged like the num-pad numbers. 2 has the down arrow on it, 8 is up, 4 is left and 6 is right. Easy as pie.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:24 AM   #12
C13

chris 001313's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper527 View Post
down-back

(don't feel too bad about not knowing what it meant. i still have no idea what those numbers mean and have to look up what direction is being talked about whenever i see them. when i see numbers, i naturally think of where they'd be on a clock, which clearly would be wrong)
I saw on another thread that the numbers are supposed to match up with the number pad of the keyboard on the computer. I hope that helps to think abt it that way.
C13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:52 AM   #13
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Woa... i must admit those numbers combine with PK stuff really get me loss...

I know P is supose to be Punch, K is supose to be Kick, and reaper posted te d-pad answer to those numbers, but why people don't post what you have to do with an XBOX controller... after all its THREE SIXTY ACHIEVEMENTS dot org... its not like people are gonna be "huh dude whats he controls for PS3...."

Maybe its me that is just not on par with you guys.... but damn is it possible to be just a fan of fighting games and loving them without being a god on those...? LOL I mean it would help a lot more for visual people if we had the exact combo in our face on the net.... i mean back in the day even if MK was on Genesis and SNES it was still possible to get a move set for bot LOL

Those H-P-K control then linked with numbers really mix me up, its like i have to use a decoder for everything.... maybe its because im from the old school era but damn it was so much simplier when it was forward foward B.... instead of (for exemple) 2-2 H.....

Gears of War Legend
Old 10-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #14
Tenreth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro View Post
I know P is supose to be Punch, K is supose to be Kick, and reaper posted te d-pad answer to those numbers, but why people don't post what you have to do with an XBOX controller... after all its THREE SIXTY ACHIEVEMENTS dot org... its not like people are gonna be "huh dude whats he controls for PS3...."

Maybe its me that is just not on par with you guys.... but damn is it possible to be just a fan of fighting games and loving them without being a god on those...? LOL I mean it would help a lot more for visual people if we had the exact combo in our face on the net.... i mean back in the day even if MK was on Genesis and SNES it was still possible to get a move set for bot LOL

Those H-P-K control then linked with numbers really mix me up, its like i have to use a decoder for everything.... maybe its because im from the old school era but damn it was so much simplier when it was forward foward B.... instead of (for exemple) 2-2 H.....
This is the normal way, how you describe fighting-game inputs. Anyway, since you can change the button-layout, it is even better to write P and K. It's universal.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:51 PM   #15
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

These days yeah it seem, but its giving me a headeact trying to figuring this out. I guess what i would have to do is make my own guide, translate everything in button imputs once then use it when i play.

Im a visual guy, i like to have stuff in front of me.. i remember MK Deadly Alliance, it took me a while to learn the biggest combo for Frost, had to redo it so many time in practice mode but eventually i managed to do it. Gladly the game had the courtesy to display playstation buttons for the ps2 version... so i could look at it at the screen and see exactly how its done.

Gears of War Legend
Old 10-07-2012, 07:09 PM   #16
kennyubasterd00

KennyUbasterd00's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazing hellion View Post
Be a cheap @$$ SOB!!!! Seriously I think legend is mostly luck based. Spam power attacks like crazy! I've beaten it with ryu, kasumi, tina and christina. Most took forever but with practice, patience and luck you'll get it.

It gets worse though. Beat arcade. And time attack and survival legend without dying you gets christinas, tinas and lisas rare costume respectfully.
This, minus the luck based part. I wouldn't say it's luck so much as it is timing. I just managed to beat Legend Time-Attack with Christie in around 8 mins and lost like 7 times.

Basically all I did was get knocked down, do a rising kick, then spam ← until the enemy died. I also quit if Bayman showed up. Stupid Bayman -.-
"MineCraft = low budget Skyrim."
kennyubasterd00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:06 PM   #17
ScizX

ScizX's Gamercard
Just survival left for me

..... sigh
Dead or Alive 4
Devil may Cry 4
ScizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #18
kennyubasterd00

KennyUbasterd00's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScizX View Post
Just survival left for me

..... sigh
better put padding on your walls. you know, for when you throw your controller in pure rage XD
"MineCraft = low budget Skyrim."
kennyubasterd00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #19
ScizX

ScizX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyubasterd00 View Post
better put padding on your walls. you know, for when you throw your controller in pure rage XD
Lol, one time I almost threw it and decided not to, and just hit myself against my head when I raged. And it hurt.

Not my brightest moment.

I still like this game though
Dead or Alive 4
Devil may Cry 4
ScizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:39 PM   #20
reaper527

Reaper527's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenreth View Post
Use Leifang and spam 1 P+K.
this is ingenious. i used it to get through legend on arcade and time attack (while unlocking tina and christie's costumes). pretty much everyone has a move like this, but leifang's seems to be the best without question. it hits low so only helena can duck it, and reaches pretty far across the screen, and most importantly, if you need to fire it quick it is fast.

i just started a match with this, knocked the opponent across the ring, and then they would run at me, stop (and at this point i would start charging the attack) and then release at the right time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C13 View Post
I saw on another thread that the numbers are supposed to match up with the number pad of the keyboard on the computer. I hope that helps to think abt it that way.
you are right, i never noticed that before, and now that i have something to correlate the fighting numbers too i will probably be able to read those descriptions much more easily. thanks for pointing that out (and ten too, who also mentioned this).
Old 10-08-2012, 08:20 PM   #21
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Yeah i checked that Lei Fang method, seem to be a good way. Not sure i will be able to do it without loosing, but definately should help at least just beating it.

Gears of War Legend
Old 10-09-2012, 01:11 AM   #22
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Wow... it does work THAT great !!!

I got it from the first try, lost 2 rounds but one time i was badly cornerd by Akira couldn't do shit, he gave me a 9 hit combo or something like that(for a character i can do only punch punch, i was WTF !!!)

But it worked well, fough both Sarah and Akira from VF, didn't seem like the characters influenced that much the result. The only one who did a bit more damage to me overall was Mila... she seemed to counter more and they really hurt.

But it worked like a charm, so only Time Attack to do... sad tough this can't apply to Survival... i mean it probably work for a while but there is a different on making this work 8 time in arcade(and loosing a round is ok) then doing it 100 time...

Oh and for the information i got both a costume for Lei Fang and the Tina outfit, so it seem it dosen't matter if you have all the costume already or not, they give both.

Gears of War Legend