PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Mass Effect 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-05-2012, 05:20 PM   #31
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

Apparently this is all the upcoming MP characters that has been leaked. (Pinches of salt for everyone!)

If true, well BIOTIC GODS all round.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:30 PM   #32
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I call BS on volus characters. We have never seen a Volus so much as holding a gun. They aren't exactly built for combat.

The Asari sentinel looks ridiculous.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:35 PM   #33
esio gk

esio gk's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
Apparently this is all the upcoming MP characters that has been leaked. (Pinches of salt for everyone!)

If true, well BIOTIC GODS all round.
Volus biotic charge. Volus holding Typhoon. Volus dodge move. Volus carying a pizza. Volus using cover. Volus melee. Banshee grabing Volus. Can't wait to see those.

And still no Protheans.

esio gk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #34
CIF

BloodngunsMrphy's Gamercard
Woohoo new enemies. Although personally I hope the Praetorian beam is toned down, otherwise it'll be like having quick moving Primes/Ravagers...

Also didn't the official announcement mention a Turian Infiltrator? Makes you question those images more.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:15 PM   #35
Merch

GoodCoffeeJoey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   VGO Gold Medal   1,000 Posts   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIF View Post
Also didn't the official announcement mention a Turian Infiltrator? Makes you question those images more.
There were sixteen new characters announced, but only thirteen are shown in the picture.

I want new Salarians.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #36
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by esio gk View Post
Volus carying a pizza.
I'd pay to see that.

Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:20 PM   #37
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elite Elite View Post
Um, there are going to be new maps. 6 in fact. Anyway, this looks really great! I'm starting to save up credits now so I can unlock a lot of those new guns and characters Tuesday. However, I'm sorry to see that only 4 of the 16 new characters will be available right away, with the other 12 to be unlocked later on. Here.
Not to complain about free content but this sounds less interesting now that I know the new maps aren't new and the characters won't be available immediately. Sounds like more of the empty grind that made me quit in the first place.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:34 AM   #38
The Elite Elite

The Elite Elite's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
Not to complain about free content but this sounds less interesting now that I know the new maps aren't new and the characters won't be available immediately. Sounds like more of the empty grind that made me quit in the first place.
I don't know, maybe it's to avoid making it feel like a grind actually. Instead of now having 16 new characters and three new weapons that everyone will want to try out and then complain that after spending 4 million credits they only ended up maxing out a couple of the new weapons and half of the new characters, they decided let us have the weapons and a few characters to start maxing out. Then in a week or two, unlock a couple more characters, then a couple more a week or two after that, and so on. So instead of having a million new things to unlock at once, have several at first, then a few things over time. Kind of like the recent unlocks of the Argus and Raider for MP. Give people something new to get them to come back to the game.

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er for the picture!
The Elite Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:26 AM   #39
Coruba

Send a message via Yahoo to Coruba

Necrolexicon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm pumped for this, this will keep me going until Halo 4 and COD BO 2 Launch. The collectors were an awesome enemy from ME2 looking forward to smashing them again especially with a greater understanding of who they were from Javik.

Would love to see the Volus as playable characters too, all we need now are some Elcor Vanguards with stampede attacks, and Hanar Infiltrators with ambush tentacles and we'll be set!

Last edited by Coruba; 10-07-2012 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Additional, no double post
Coruba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:26 PM   #40
Pooly93

Pewleh's Gamercard
I can't wait for this, been losing interest in ME3 recently and this has got me more excited than any recent game releases.

Thanks to Xerofox for the sig!
Pooly93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #41
tjpiper

tjpiper's Gamercard
Will be a nice change and a way to spend the next couple of weeks waiting for Assassin's Creed III.
tjpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:45 AM   #42
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I'm assuming direct control of this DLC once it's available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
I wonder how the new faction is going to impact Platinum.
Is there really-- or is there going to be-- a Platinum difficulty? I was playing last night but didn't have an option to play anything higher than Gold. I haven't played this game's multiplayer mode for a while so I'm somewhat behind on the recent updates. I'd definitely enjoy a higher difficulty mode though.

By the way, has anyone else noticed that they give credits for extraction now? I was surprised to see a pop-up that read, "Extraction bonus: +7500 credits" after extracting on Gold. I guess it finally serves a purpose of finishing Wave 11 for people who are already level 20 in their best/most effective class.
Latest arcade completion: Motocross Madness

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:51 AM   #43
N7 Shadow

N7 Shadow x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGoogles View Post
Is there really-- or is there going to be-- a Platinum difficulty? I was playing last night but didn't have an option to play anything higher than Gold. I haven't played this game's multiplayer mode for a while so I'm somewhat behind on the recent updates. I'd definitely enjoy a higher difficulty mode though.

By the way, has anyone else noticed that they give credits for extraction now? I was surprised to see a pop-up that read, "Extraction bonus: +7500 credits" after extracting on Gold. I guess it finally serves a purpose of finishing Wave 11 for people who are already level 20 in their best/most effective class.
The Earth DLC, which is free, adds the Platinum Difficulty (Link) among other stuff and the recent patch added the Extraction credit bonus (Link) which is pretty nice.

"And in the end, as the darkness takes me....I am nothing. Now I know how you felt, my friend...."
N7 Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:51 AM   #44
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N7 Shadow View Post
The Earth DLC, which is free, adds the Platinum Difficulty (Link) among other stuff and the recent patch added the Extraction credit bonus (Link) which is pretty nice.
Damn, extraction bonus credits is finally here. yes!

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 10-09-2012, 02:10 PM   #45
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Aaaaand it's live. FINALLY.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-us/Pr...d16?cid=search

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Last edited by Burnout x360a; 10-09-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:50 PM   #46
AlphaBahamutUY

AlphaBahamutUY's Gamercard
This is awesome!

The MP experience keeps getting better and better.
AlphaBahamutUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #47
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
The DLC is pretty awesome. Since I'm pretty far behind in the character unlocks, I'll likely never play as the Biotic God but seeing that little guy run around in matches is okay with me.
p.s. scions are ridiculous. they need to be nerfed a bit.

Last edited by tripleb2k; 10-10-2012 at 07:35 PM.
tripleb2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:58 PM   #48
Inebriated Jedi

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
I haven't been able to unlock a volus yet (much less see one waddling across the battlefield), but I have seen several people play as the new turian and I am completely mesmerized by it.

Last edited by Inebriated Jedi; 10-10-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:17 PM   #49
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleb2k View Post
p.s. scions are ridiculous. they need to be nerfed a bit.
First impressions I'd be inclined to agree but a few matches in and they feel fine, a nice new challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Jedi View Post
I haven't been able to unlock a volus yet (much less see one waddling across the battlefield), but I have seen several people play as the new turian and I am completely mesmerized by it.

Brilliant.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Last edited by Burnout x360a; 10-10-2012 at 10:19 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:42 AM   #50
N7 Shadow

N7 Shadow x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1

I got it while I was working on Machine Mastery (43% now.), it got kinda annoying using certain snipers like the Harpoon gun. Fortunately I have the banner to accompany me in lobbies as I grind 200 waves with certain characters for Machine Mastery. Saw an SMG version and the Collector General banner, which I thought was pretty cool.

"And in the end, as the darkness takes me....I am nothing. Now I know how you felt, my friend...."
N7 Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:44 AM   #51
mark197205

mark197205's Gamercard
Quote:
(image snip)
I got it while I was working on Machine Mastery (43% now.), it got kinda annoying using certain snipers like the Harpoon gun. Fortunately I have the banner to accompany me in lobbies as I grind 200 waves with certain characters for Machine Mastery. Saw an SMG version and the Collector General banner, which I thought was pretty cool.
Nice, I've only seen one banner so far, played with a guy last night using the "Biotic God" one, and yes he was using a Volus too.

Games at 100% = 9 (8 retail, 1 XBLA)
Games being worked on = A few..
mark197205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #52
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Quote:

The only challenge I've done is Grenade Damage 1, lol.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Last edited by Burnout x360a; 10-12-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #53
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Gotta admit the Collectors are pretty damn fun and loving the new additions in enemies to the original factions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esio gk View Post
... Volus dodge move....
They tuck and roll like a ball, which makes sense since well they are balls. But still hilarious to watch!

You wouldn't expect that level of agility from a Volus. I'm proud of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Jedi View Post
Have been in a few matches with people using the volus adept, the little buggers are pretty beast actually.

Haven't seen the Turian Havoc yet anywhere, am very curious to see that one in action.

The last several crates I've bought of any kind, which is mostly PSP's, haven't even had any characters in them at all, am getting a few nice new level 4 ammo upgrades, ungraded guns I don't use and tons of consumables I already have tons of.

I got one character in 5 crates, the human infiltrator out of a veteran pack. Yay.

Jedi, jump in my party the next time you see me online in ME3 we usually just stick to bronze or silver though.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:55 PM   #54
Inebriated Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
Jedi, jump in my party the next time you see me online in ME3 we usually just stick to bronze or silver though.
Oh, I will. The update has revived my interest in this. I will play non-stop until I get a volus!

Old 10-13-2012, 10:38 AM   #55
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Anyone have any success with the Reactor hazard? I have yet to be able to press the button and have it do anything and that's after 2/3 matches on it.

Also, had the no visible enemy glitch on FB: London, first time I've had that.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Last edited by Burnout x360a; 10-13-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:36 PM   #56
mark197205

mark197205's Gamercard
Quote:
Anyone have any success with the Reactor hazard? I have yet to be able to press the button and have it do anything and that's after 2/3 matches on it.

The reactor hazard has worked for me, racked up a few kills from it across a couple of games, even my team mates on one occasion, accidentally of course..
I find you have to be at just the right distance from the wall for it to work or your character will just take cover.

Games at 100% = 9 (8 retail, 1 XBLA)
Games being worked on = A few..
mark197205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:58 PM   #57
Eating Machine

Quote:

It has to charge up before you can push the button. Then theres a cool down before it can be done again. Above the button theres a lights bar that has to fill to the top before the option to start it is there.
Eating Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:04 PM   #58
Merch

GoodCoffeeJoey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   VGO Gold Medal   1,000 Posts   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze
The reactor hazard is very glitchy. One time the buttosn couldn't be activated, another time one of the doors got jammed shut
Old 10-13-2012, 09:18 PM   #59
Eating Machine

I was in a match where one of my team mates kept on trapping me in the reactor. I have a feeling that might turn into a trend.

Do the kills inside the reactor by the reactor itself get added to the in game points?
Eating Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:23 AM   #60
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Volus adept is kind of cool but since he can't take cover and has really low health, he can go down in a heartbeat. yes he's small enough to hide behind a table but his head still pokes up and gets shot at.
Fun addition but not that great gameplay wise (just my opinion, sure many disagree).

tripleb2k is offline   Reply With Quote