PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-06-2012, 04:33 AM   #1231
ModernSith2010

demontweak08's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexpectancy View Post
If they discontinue event support, I would think there *might* be grounds for a community petition to Microsoft to make them make a permanent change that allows Socialite/War Supporter to be onyx'd offline. I say this because of Seriously 3.0 being dependent on War Supporter. Giving gamers an achievement that takes 300+ hours boosted, or over a thousand hours legit, then hinging it upon a medal that requires developer support, and taking that support away ought to be something that shouldn't be allowed. Of course you would need thousands of signatures on a petition and unfortunately I don't think it would be easy to get that many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpg30 View Post
i think microsoft should get involved anyway, not that it would happen but they should make epic sort this out or suspend them from bringing out gears judgement until they sort it.

they won't i know but it's always nice to dream.

As much as I would like MS to do something I don't think they will, look at all the shit EA pull by shutting down servers making achievement's unattainable even the one's that don't require them to turn on events(community,etc), yet MS don't do anything about it.

Edit: Oh ya, but in this case MS is the publisher, so maybe, although I still think they should do something about EA's constant server shutting, maybe make them either not publish online achievements with them or launch a patch after the server is shut down that automatically unlocks the online achievements that would not be unattainable.

Last edited by ModernSith2010; 10-06-2012 at 04:51 AM.
ModernSith2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:39 AM   #1232
A CATSHOVEL

A CATSHOVEL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexpectancy View Post
If they discontinue event support, I would think there *might* be grounds for a community petition to Microsoft to make them make a permanent change that allows Socialite/War Supporter to be onyx'd offline. I say this because of Seriously 3.0 being dependent on War Supporter. Giving gamers an achievement that takes 300+ hours boosted, or over a thousand hours legit, then hinging it upon a medal that requires developer support, and taking that support away ought to be something that shouldn't be allowed. Of course you would need thousands of signatures on a petition and unfortunately I don't think it would be easy to get that many.
I'd sign it.
A CATSHOVEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:00 AM   #1233
Namaste

I guess this is the result of making an insanely tedious achievement. They eventually stop support because in reality, it takes up way too much time. Yes, it is attainable but it's something that I probably won't go for specifically.
Namaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #1234
Viper187

NoLifeDGenerate's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namaste View Post
I guess this is the result of making an insanely tedious achievement. They eventually stop support because in reality, it takes up way too much time. Yes, it is attainable but it's something that I probably won't go for specifically.
Yeah, a whole 5 minutes per week to change a fucking ribbon ID, IF that. Oh noes!!

Seriously 2.0 and 3.0

Xbox One dis-Kinected 6/9/14. Let that be a lesson to people. Vote with your wallet.
Viper187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:42 PM   #1235
Tortyreus

Tortyreus's Gamercard
Oh shit man I'm only 2 ribbons away from Socialite they better NOT stop events now, what is this? I thought they would stop doing events by the time Judgement came out but not now, wtf! Seriously, can you imagine people that are grinding their way towards S 3.0 right now that are a few events away from onyxing War Supporter and all of a sudden Epic drops the bomb on them and everything they've done has been in vain? Imagine just having onyxed Skunker as one of the few last Onyx medals towards S 3.0 and Socialite is a few events away and this happens... Has Epic officially pulled the plug on events, does anybody know?
Tortyreus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #1236
lifeexpectancy

LifeExpectancy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
No one knows. I'm assuming it's a hiatus because they don't give a shit, but that there will be more events eventually at least until Judgment ships.

I hope for everyone here's sake they fire Pete and hire a trained monkey to do the job better.
HALO:MCC >>>>>>> Interested in Online Customs, Squadmates for Ranked, and Co-Op Campaign. I am on 6am-4pm GMT on my nights off (Midnight-10am US Central). Copy this signature with your play times so we can populate our friends lists with fellow Halo:MCC players BEFORE launch!! If you add me do it on XB1 please; my 360 friends list is nearly full.
lifeexpectancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:24 PM   #1237
Divine Infekt

Divine Infect's Gamercard
two weeks ago i read a post on epic forums, someone posted that they heard a rumour that BTTE was going to last three weeks. I ignored it since there were no reliable sources so maybe the rumor is true after all and maybe we can expect a new event this monday or next friday?
Batman: AA - Batman: AC (1500) - Bioshock (1100) - COD3 - COD4 - Dead Island (1250) - Deus Ex: HR (1250) - Fallout 3 (1550) - Gears of War (1250) - GOW2 (1750) - GOW3 (2000) - Left 4 Dead (1500) - L4D2 (1500) - Midway Arcade Origins - Mirror's Edge (1250) - Mortal Kombat - MKvsDCU - Payday 2 - PDZ - Portal 2 - Remember Me - Simpsons - Wet

100% Arcade:
Contra - Hexic HD - MK Arcade - Perfect Dark (201%) - Portal - Simpsons - TMNT 1989 - UMK3 - Walking Dead
Divine Infekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #1238
RazerindemiX

Razer za Lazer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernSith2010 View Post
As much as I would like MS to do something I don't think they will, look at all the shit EA pull by shutting down servers making achievement's unattainable even the one's that don't require them to turn on events(community,etc), yet MS don't do anything about it.

Edit: Oh ya, but in this case MS is the publisher, so maybe, although I still think they should do something about EA's constant server shutting, maybe make them either not publish online achievements with them or launch a patch after the server is shut down that automatically unlocks the online achievements that would not be unattainable.

man i agree with u But we all know that they only care about profit margins
they do not give two monkeys wether u can get all the achievements or not whats its to them they dont care there's no comeback for them they just promise to get it right next time round
i'm just so glad i decided to f**k S3.0 off my to do list mostly cus of the total bore of grinding 1800000 kills with each weapon
kinda glad they made it that stupid cus i would be really pi**ed now
i feel kinda smug i dint go for there boring to do top achievement
as it is i feel for all u out there waiting on those numptys to sort it
but don't hold your breath i dont think its going to b any time soon
Old 10-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #1239
HolyHa1fDead

HolyHa1fDead's Gamercard
lifeexpectancy has done a great job on explaining how to get this achievement in his thread http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=370931, but I now have a very bad feeling about this. Let's start with the achievement definition:

Socialite (70) - Earn the Onyx "War Supporter" medal - Play in 30 Gears events.

An expanded definition would read:
Play in a Gears event each week, and start playing Gears events within 22 weeks of the release of the game. You can miss a week or two, but don't miss too many (five).

I played in week one, but like many I didn't realise the upmost importance of playing every week until after week 35.

Why the bad feeling you may ask, well there has been a new event every week for a year and then for the past 3 weeks, nothing. Right now it looks like Epic were only supporting this achievement for 1 year (53 weeks). The last event was called "Brothers to the End" - could that be a reference to the end of events? I really hope I am wrong.
HolyHa1fDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #1240
Morbious17

Send a message via MSN to Morbious17

Morbious17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyHa1fDead View Post
lifeexpectancy has done a great job on explaining how to get this achievement in his thread http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=370931, but I now have a very bad feeling about this. Let's start with the achievement definition:

Socialite (70) - Earn the Onyx "War Supporter" medal - Play in 30 Gears events.

An expanded definition would read:
Play in a Gears event each week, and start playing Gears events within 22 weeks of the release of the game. You can miss a week or two, but don't miss too many (five).

I played in week one, but like many I didn't realise the upmost importance of playing every week until after week 35.

Why the bad feeling you may ask, well there has been a new event every week for a year and then for the past 3 weeks, nothing. Right now it looks like Epic were only supporting this achievement for 1 year (53 weeks). The last event was called "Brothers to the End" - could that be a reference to the end of events? I really hope I am wrong.
I think the event is just a coincidence, and they are busy doing other things/being lazy.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:10 PM   #1241
ModernSith2010

demontweak08's Gamercard
Still no events, I'm taking it and no explanation from Epic either.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:31 PM   #1242
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard
i really hope this gets resolved, im only 3 events away, i just wish someone from epic would tell us what's going on.
jpg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #1243
Laird Russ

Laird Russ's Gamercard
Stupid question
Im sure its been tried but i havent seen it anywhere...

Where exactly is the patch for the glitch? I mean is it at epics end or as a patch on my xbox? Could i just clear the cache on an event day and use madman rabs method to get all the ribbons?

I know you cant play online without the updates and patches but madman rabs method was done in private pre-patch.

Please for the love of god make a backup first though. Last time i cleared my cache i lost some dlc cheevo progress but everything else was fine. Makes me a little nervous tho

I'm on 19/20...
Laird Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #1244
richl796

Richl796's Gamercard
High comedy

I'm on 29/30. It would be my luck that they just give up changing the events ever again.

Last edited by richl796; 10-08-2012 at 08:47 PM.
richl796 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #1245
A CATSHOVEL

A CATSHOVEL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Russ View Post
Stupid question
Im sure its been tried but i havent seen it anywhere...

Where exactly is the patch for the glitch? I mean is it at epics end or as a patch on my xbox? Could i just clear the cache on an event day and use madman rabs method to get all the ribbons?

I know you cant play online without the updates and patches but madman rabs method was done in private pre-patch.

Please for the love of god make a backup first though. Last time i cleared my cache i lost some dlc cheevo progress but everything else was fine. Makes me a little nervous tho

I'm on 19/20...
What glitch?
Old 10-08-2012, 10:30 PM   #1246
Buckles Supreme

Buckles Supreme's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by A CATSHOVEL View Post
What glitch?
There was a glitch that let you get multiple event ribbons towards your count on one event weekend. Basically anyone that knew about it got the socialite medal really early and Epic made a public statement saying they wouldn't penalize anyone for using it since it was their fault. They then patched it for next event and that was that.
Buckles Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:23 AM   #1247
Namaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper187 View Post
Yeah, a whole 5 minutes per week to change a fucking ribbon ID, IF that. Oh noes!!
Silly noob, I wasn't talking about that at all.
Namaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:50 AM   #1248
MyPetWorm

Elyoh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckles Supreme View Post
There was a glitch that let you get multiple event ribbons towards your count on one event weekend. Basically anyone that knew about it got the socialite medal really early and Epic made a public statement saying they wouldn't penalize anyone for using it since it was their fault. They then patched it for next event and that was that.
The patch that then caused this whole issue. The patch, from what I know, was basically the numbering of events to stop anyone be able to get more than 1 on a weekend.

Really bad foresight....

First in the World to finish Dungeon Siege III
First in the Southern Hemisphere to finish Mass Effect 3, Age of Empires Online and Babel Rising

Writer of the Dungeon Sige III and Babel Rising guides
MyPetWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:08 AM   #1249
A CATSHOVEL

A CATSHOVEL's Gamercard
Quote:
Oh, okay. I assumed he was talking about something current. That makes sense now that I re-read his post.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:40 PM   #1250
hotdogenigma

ToastiestCape0's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Infekt View Post
two weeks ago i read a post on epic forums, someone posted that they heard a rumour that BTTE was going to last three weeks. I ignored it since there were no reliable sources so maybe the rumor is true after all and maybe we can expect a new event this monday or next friday?
Bloody hell if this is true. I'm leaving Thursday night on an overseas business trip for 3 weeks. So I'll potentially miss out on 2 for sure, 3 ribbons at the most. Just some unfortunate luck for me missing up to 5 or 6 weeks of ribbons where I should have gotten half of those while still near my xbox. I'm about to give up on this whole franchise. --> EPIC
hotdogenigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #1251
Project Noveria

Project Noveria's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdogenigma View Post
Bloody hell if this is true. I'm leaving Thursday night on an overseas business trip for 3 weeks. So I'll potentially miss out on 2 for sure, 3 ribbons at the most. Just some unfortunate luck for me missing up to 5 or 6 weeks of ribbons where I should have gotten half of those while still near my xbox. I'm about to give up on this whole franchise. --> EPIC
I wouldnt count on it, at most you might miss one. At the rate its going, we are lucky to get a halloween event. Thats if we get an event this week at all then you might miss a few but im going with the 2/1 favourite that EPIC wont bother until halloween. Waiting for an event is like watching paint dry right now. It will change but when???

Petenub needs shot with a snub at this poor commitment to his work and getting to go on field trips gaming conventions for doing sweet f*** all. Thanks you EPIC for your poor support and no updates to give us answers about our questions on Socialite.
Project Noveria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:25 AM   #1252
Aiden95

fear the people's Gamercard
im currently at 1/30 yes one!!!! if they stop doing events thats completely screwed me over. if theyre going to stop making new events they should at least make every match played an event ribbon. (yes i know this happened before a patch) so that people can still get it
Guides without roadmaps really get on my tits!!
Aiden95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:13 PM   #1253
Buckles Supreme

Guys I was looking at the Epic forums and people were saying that the Brothers to the End event was supposed to last 3 weeks since Cliffy B was leaving and so that they could prepare the Halloween event for this year. As far as I know they are still doing all the multi part holiday events this year but they are doing different things too.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:55 AM   #1254
Ohheythere

nubslap's Gamercard
Quote:
Guys I was looking at the Epic forums and people were saying that the Brothers to the End event was supposed to last 3 weeks since Cliffy B was leaving and so that they could prepare the Halloween event for this year. As far as I know they are still doing all the multi part holiday events this year but they are doing different things too.
Where did you see this? Link?
Ohheythere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:37 AM   #1255
B-Rad

housemusicownsu's Gamercard
NEW EVENT!!!! TORQUE BOW TAG!!!

Currently looking to boost

GH World Tour
End War
Battlefield Bad Company 1
GH Warriors of Rock
Fable 3
RB Beatles
GH Smash Hits
RB 2
B-Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:19 AM   #1256
Viper187

NoLifeDGenerate's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Rad View Post
NEW EVENT!!!! TORQUE BOW TAG!!!
28/30. I should've been done weeks ago.

Seriously 2.0 and 3.0

Xbox One dis-Kinected 6/9/14. Let that be a lesson to people. Vote with your wallet.
Viper187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:22 AM   #1257
Morbious17

Send a message via MSN to Morbious17

Morbious17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
25/30

I think I should consider myself lucky since I didn't play this game off and on event wise. All my needed events are back to back.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:32 AM   #1258
Buckles Supreme

Yeah new event is a go. Pete Nub said there was a lot of confusion and chaos with Cliffy B going away he said he just got back to put the new event up.

Gears of War 3 Event Source

I don'y know whats going on over at epic but they did confirm x3 EXP was to last 3 weeks which is y it took so long.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #1259
Jam656es

ASF2's Gamercard
I think he's only keeping track of the ones that DO count.
Jam656es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:49 AM   #1260
HRH Dave

Quote:
Yeah new event is a go. Pete Nub said there was a lot of confusion and chaos with Cliffy B going away he said he just got back to put the new event up.

Gears of War 3 Event Source

I don'y know whats going on over at epic but they did confirm x3 EXP was to last 3 weeks which is y it took so long.
I hope this is for real it seems like forever since the event was updated.

I remember there being a similar achievement for Left 4 Dead 2 whereby you had to play 6 different events (Valve called them Mutations).

Unfortunately Valve became bored with the idea and rarely updated the mutation so they decided to issue a title update allowing you to manually change the mutation yourself and play them whenever you wanted.

Wouldn't it be nice to Epic did the same with their events and we could play any event at any time without relying on Epic to change it for us.
HRH Dave is offline   Reply With Quote