PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Resident Evil 6
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 05:42 AM   #121
SQUALL LE0NHART
 
SQUALL LE0NHART's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 13

caerwynne's Gamercard
Some of these reviews show bias, both high score reviews and low score reviews. I personally have never seen RE as a series that everyone would love, so obviously so reviewers would have their own opinion. Anyways, that guy who wrote the review on Destructoid is not worth even reading I'm my opinion. Modern Warfare 3 was given a perfect score by him, and it wasn't even innovative
__________________
SQUALL LE0NHART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:00 AM   #122
Aquaman6686
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 651

Aquaman6686's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoborg View Post
Please stop hiding behind "its my opinion" - if a collective, aka a majority, of opinions think one way can't we just reasonably say that is the truth?

Apparently the majority of Americans think Jersey Shore is a good TV show. They're still wrong.
Aquaman6686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:03 AM   #123
Strid
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgmuffin View Post
That's actually kind of surprising, since I've heard so many people say the graphics are the best this generation. I couldn't really tell either way since I don't have an HDTV, but at least from youtube videos, I did get the impression that Ada just... Looked nicer than everyone else. I assumed that was just the libido talking :P
I've heard the same thing, but I do not see it on the 360. It's not unlikely that the 360 is the port version and got degraded in the process. For the first few hours of the game I kept fiddling with my T.V. and my settings on the 360 because I honestly thought that somewhere in the launch of the game my T.V. was going from HD to SD.

So reminiscent of what happened to the PC port of RE4...
Strid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:40 AM   #124
fivebyfive200
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUALL LE0NHART View Post
Some of these reviews show bias, both high score reviews and low score reviews. I personally have never seen RE as a series that everyone would love, so obviously so reviewers would have their own opinion. Anyways, that guy who wrote the review on Destructoid is not worth even reading I'm my opinion. Modern Warfare 3 was given a perfect score by him, and it wasn't even innovative
did he even say was innovative? MW3 is what COD fans wanted, I only played spec ops and single player before trading it for skyrim but its decent shooter in that genre of "A to B military shooter". MW3 does nothing new but it was not broken etc from what I've played.

If you ignore the review score on Destructoid, his text in the review has some good points.
fivebyfive200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:02 PM   #125
Hoborg
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,195

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Currently a 66/100 on metacritic. Haha, WGOTY? (Worst Game of the Year)
Hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:16 PM   #126
jules the great
 
jules the great's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,208
Send a message via AIM to jules the great

OldSchoolJules's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post
I'm going in to this with an open mind, so hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised in the end.
Then you shouldnt be disapointed. I am almost done with Ada's now, and seriously this game is just incredible. The ONLY chapter that I truly didnt have any bit of fun in is Ada's Very first chapter. That just sucked to me. But everything else has just been a blast. 8/10 easy
__________________
jules the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #127
Hannegan
 
Hannegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4

xhannegan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehapoc View Post
If you liked 4 and 5, chances are then that you're going to like 6.
I agree with you
Hannegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:26 PM   #128
Gackt
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,729

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Liking the game more the longer I play it. Still far to many QTE's constantly going on though.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:03 PM   #129
CoregBlue1
 
CoregBlue1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Germany, Munich
Posts: 1,800
Send a message via MSN to CoregBlue1

Blue x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   x360a Representer   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
Liking the game more the longer I play it. Still far to many QTE's constantly going on though.
i can see how that is an issue for many people thus i can understand that its hard to get into it. was the same with friends of mine who played this, they started to drop it but i wanted to play coop with them, so i dragged them along and they started to like it the more they played.

Glad you starting to like it
__________________

Thanks to Gackt for this amazing sig!
My MAL

BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma in Early 2014!

Last edited by CoregBlue1; 10-06-2012 at 05:12 PM.
CoregBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #130
Gackt
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,729

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoregBlue1 View Post
i can see how that is an issue for many people thus i can understand that its hard to get into it. was the same with friends of mine who played this, they started to drop it but i wanted to play coop with them, so i dragged them along and they started to like it the more they played.

Glad you starting to like it
Starting to get used to them, but omg that fucking rope part on Leons campaign was irritating me quick lol.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:39 PM   #131
CoregBlue1
 
CoregBlue1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Germany, Munich
Posts: 1,800
Send a message via MSN to CoregBlue1

Blue x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   x360a Representer   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
Starting to get used to them, but omg that fucking rope part on Leons campaign was irritating me quick lol.
yeah i was hanging there for solid 15 minutes until i figured it out.
__________________

Thanks to Gackt for this amazing sig!
My MAL

BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma in Early 2014!
CoregBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:08 PM   #132
Destro
 
Destro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Québec
Posts: 2,944

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strid View Post
I don't know how you could compare this game to 4 or 5 really. To me it felt more like RE:ORC save for a closer camera.

The QTE itself is ridiculous; not one person buys a game because of the QTE, people are either indifferent to it or they do not like it
Agree, thats what i tough when i played the game, how it used stuff from ORC, but ORC was an off serie, i didn't mind it being different and honestly it was a rent for me... got trough the campaign, played a bit of the MP(didn't like the MP at all) then back at the store. I will probably buy it when it goes down to 15$, and MAYBE get the DLC for the story, but thats it... It was an experiment... not THAT bad, but not on par with RE5 for sure.

Then 6 seem to have incorporate the cover system(wich is very clunky) and most of the ennemies just shoot all the time...

And as for QTE i sooooo agree. One of my favorite game is Shenmue(and Shenmue 2 of course), for me its almost a masterpiece, but i remember those damn QTE really annoyed be in some parts, but that was the only thing that bothered me ocasionally so i loved the game. But i rather would just enjoy a cinematic. Its fun to put down the controller and watch the cinematics, but in RE6 you always need to stay focus and on the edge cause a damn button pushing will come.

Personally if QTE where the only problem of this game, i wouldn't mind... but the rest... Gears of Warfare 3... annoys me too.
__________________


Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:50 AM   #133
Destro
 
Destro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Québec
Posts: 2,944

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Started Leon campaign... and YES !!! it feels RE a LOOOOOT more. Sure there still action, and a couple guys with gun, but nothing annoying. Hope it stays this way.
__________________


Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:17 AM   #134
neosman8
 
neosman8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: england
Posts: 394

Liam Rising's Gamercard
im a die hard re fan i played them all and from playing the game all i can say is this is definitely one of the best resident evils to date. It just does everything right when i read the reviews for the game before it came out i thought wow it cannnot be that bad surely but after finishing the game it is miles better then half the reviews said it was and i really enjoyed playing through it the only complaints i have for it are the quick time events as usual are a pain and the fact theirs only 3 mercenaries maps.
__________________
currently playing: resident evil 6, borderlands 2,

sonic adventure 2: battle HD
neosman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #135
ll X ll
 
ll X ll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 452
The more i play it the more i like/love it. I just CAN'T see how this would score anything lower than a 6. Seriously, 0 - 4 should be like something unplayable or full of glitches which this game is clearly not.

I think most people were hoping to god that it is more horror and they are showing the action scenes to the public just for the COD crowd then it turns out that most of the game is action packed with horror elements as in zombies, creatures.etc for those type of people i don't know, i think they should have known after RE4, RE will never be horror unless they say "We will be doing a remake" or "We will be doing a classic style RE" as long as it stays 3rd person, it'll be action with horror elements.

The game can also be paused and also there are many settings for the aiming which surprised me.

EDIT: It's funny how Skyrim which definitely is an amazing game because of how big it is but on the PS3 it's a disaster. Game breaking glitches, can't play, DLC till now Bethesda can't release it YET it scored a 9's and 10's. Even excluding the fact that PS3 never even had the DLC's, it's still weird that with the problems that face the PS3 (which is why more than 360) it still scored the same with reviewers, lol.
__________________
ll X ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:57 PM   #136
Destro
 
Destro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Québec
Posts: 2,944

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
For a game like Skyrim, at least on the 360 i was more than willing to accept the small bugs and the stuff that didn't worked at first. I had no "unplayable issues" but couple glitches and shitties ocasionally. But see how this beast is huge... it was bind to have a few problems. Bethesda cleared much of them and the game is one of the best game of this generation hand down.

Also Skyrim kept much of what was good in Oblivion and improved what needed improvement(hitting system for exemple)

I can't say for the PS3 version but on the 360 its a 9.5/10 for me.

To come back to RE, well... its the fact that there is some points the series could go without crossing the line. When RE5 was introduced on video and such we where like "damn... im on a turret in a truck shooting ganados??" we taugh it was a bit too much action, but it turned out the game was very fun, action yes but NOT TOO MUCH and the trailers got me pumped out with Wesker in it.

Now RE6 i got to admit the trailers didn't impress me like those of RE5, cool Sherry was back, Wesker has a son? (Im sorry but i can't imagine Wesker having a love affair...) and basically im was more or less like "ok cool RE6 is coming" but nothing more. Then the demo came and the game showed how Gears of Warfare it was... and i was even less impress.

Now after having done Jake, i was disapointed but Leon pumped me up more yesterday. Im off for 2 days tomorow so i will have more time to play, it kinda kill me to not be able to look at the spoilers thread and avancing so slow because of work.

But if i can say something, i think Jake's Campaign is a colossal failure... storywise it didn't show anything that special even tough it was good(mostly due to the interaction with Sherry) but gameplay wise i totally hated most of it. There is a like ONE chapter i didn't mind too much but thats about it. Other chapters where packed with machine gun ennemies and army vehicules...

This is pretty much why i picked Leon instead of Chris second, because i feared if i would go into this Gears of Warfare clunky gameplay once again, it could give me a sour taste of RE6 and i would go into Leon without much enthousiasm.

Im crossing my finger for Ada, but i don't have much hope for Chris...
__________________


Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #137
cbssi
 
cbssi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 435

dude527's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro View Post
For a game like Skyrim, at least on the 360 i was more than willing to accept the small bugs and the stuff that didn't worked at first. I had no "unplayable issues" but couple glitches and shitties ocasionally. But see how this beast is huge... it was bind to have a few problems. Bethesda cleared much of them and the game is one of the best game of this generation hand down.

Also Skyrim kept much of what was good in Oblivion and improved what needed improvement(hitting system for exemple)

I can't say for the PS3 version but on the 360 its a 9.5/10 for me.

To come back to RE, well... its the fact that there is some points the series could go without crossing the line. When RE5 was introduced on video and such we where like "damn... im on a turret in a truck shooting ganados??" we taugh it was a bit too much action, but it turned out the game was very fun, action yes but NOT TOO MUCH and the trailers got me pumped out with Wesker in it.

Now RE6 i got to admit the trailers didn't impress me like those of RE5, cool Sherry was back, Wesker has a son? (Im sorry but i can't imagine Wesker having a love affair...) and basically im was more or less like "ok cool RE6 is coming" but nothing more. Then the demo came and the game showed how Gears of Warfare it was... and i was even less impress.

Now after having done Jake, i was disapointed but Leon pumped me up more yesterday. Im off for 2 days tomorow so i will have more time to play, it kinda kill me to not be able to look at the spoilers thread and avancing so slow because of work.

But if i can say something, i think Jake's Campaign is a colossal failure... storywise it didn't show anything that special even tough it was good(mostly due to the interaction with Sherry) but gameplay wise i totally hated most of it. There is a like ONE chapter i didn't mind too much but thats about it. Other chapters where packed with machine gun ennemies and army vehicules...

This is pretty much why i picked Leon instead of Chris second, because i feared if i would go into this Gears of Warfare clunky gameplay once again, it could give me a sour taste of RE6 and i would go into Leon without much enthousiasm.

Im crossing my finger for Ada, but i don't have much hope for Chris...

I finished Jake first, then Chris, and I just started on Leon last night. Let me tell you, Jake's is the worst campaign for the exactly the reasons you cited. I was also scared of doing Chris' campaign second, for the reasons you stated. I did it anyways though, and I'm glad I did. Chris' campaign is not bad at all. It has its moments that are pretty bad, but overall, it's so much better than Jake's campaign. You get more tension, better character, and more insight into the story. Overall, it's much easier to go "Well, I want to keep playing this!" than it was for Jake's campaign. I'd recommend Chris' campaign second and then Leon's last. Leon's is definitely the best.
__________________
100% retail games: King Kong, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo: Reach, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Prince of Persia, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, Assassin's Creed II, Saw, Mass Effect 2
80%+ retail games: The Orange Box, Tomb Raider: Underworld, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Fallout 3, Fable II, Assassin's Creed, Gears of War, Gears of War 2, Resident Evil 5, Mass Effect, Halo Wars, BioShock, BioShock 2
cbssi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:17 AM   #138
bscalimero3
 
bscalimero3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 105

bscalimero3's Gamercard
Wow, this Game left me speechless... In a bad way! What in the name of dear good are you there, it's me, Margret where they thinking?

Let alone the fact that this is supposed to be a Resident Evil... You get a ton of tied up Action Sequences that are absolutely forgetable. Add clunky controls, annoying enemies, a really poor camera and some of the stupidiest ideas in video game history and you've got one of the greatest failures in 2012 easily.

While I enjoyed Leons first two chapters, it started to get really awkward the further you get in the Game. Absolutely no atmosphere, tons of enemies, jumping and running Zombies... You get the Idea.

Chris' Campaing was just a waste of time, it wanted to be CoD so bad, failed the attemt, period. Felt like a six hour commercial for explosions... Seriously WTH??? And that Hummvee "driving" sequence? And the Harrier Jump Jet? If not hours before, that's where they lost me...

Jake was kind of interessting, but the nerverdead Ustanak got boring real quick, the sneaky bug sequences were annoying as hell...

Ada couln't make it up to me. Another sneaky mission with some really bad design moments, the helicopter missions and this really, really stupid pile of crap bossfight, where sou sit in the chopper and hold down the trigger for constantly what felt like an hour or nearish.

And what's that for an idea to fight every big boss encounter at least twice? Hell, it felt like I shoot down that apache at least 10 Times!

And by the love of my mother, I so swear I heard that Transformer-Sound every time the Leon-Boss changed form...

Oh well, if THIS is the future of Videogaming, I better get the hell outta here!

So long folks, thanks for reading!

Last edited by bscalimero3; 10-08-2012 at 07:23 AM.
bscalimero3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:00 AM   #139
Strid
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by ll X ll View Post
...for those type of people i don't know, i think they should have known after RE4, RE will never be horror unless they say "We will be doing a remake" or "We will be doing a classic style RE" as long as it stays 3rd person, it'll be action with horror elements.
The problem with this is that Revelations exists. Revelations brought hope, a lot of hope, to a lot of us older fans (of the series) that the staff of the game had realized the mistakes of their deviations, the good that came from them, and how to correct and mesh things together to create something wonderful moving forward. After playing Revelations I was left with a feeling of, "They get it, awesome!" and I became excited for 6, unlike any of the games after RE 2. So to pick up RE 6 and be treated to whatever the hell of a mess it is, well, it was shocking and disappointing on so many levels.

It also doesn't help that the 360 version, the one I played through first (and the version most reviewers seem to have), is a god awful port. I got my hands on the PS3 version today and the difference between the two is night and day. Going through it again, it feels like I'm playing a completely different game, gameplay quality wise and visually (nothing else can be saved unfortunately). Just a note though, visually it's still nothing to write home about, it doesn't compare 5, or Revelations (3DS) even, but it's a lot less fake FXAA'd into oblivion.
Strid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:02 AM   #140
i fist brown i
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,111

i fist brown i's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bscalimero3 View Post

Let alone the fact that this is supposed to be a Resident Evil... You get a ton of tied up Action Sequences that are absolutely forgetable. Add clunky controls, annoying enemies, a really poor camera and some of the stupidiest ideas in video game history and you've got one of the greatest failures in 2012 easily.
that is the foundation to a resident evil game... IDK what ppl were expecting, to me the game was awesome... but i practically LOVE resident evil!

Nevertheless, that was one hell of an interesting read! and i agree with about 80% of it. But it didn't make me dislike the game..

Although, the QTE during the Dino-Simmons fight where you have to run up to him with leon and hit RT and the go into a SPAM (A) contest was kinda pissing me off. My shoulder and my wrist started hurting because i was putting so much into it AND i still only won it once! luckily if you keep downing him you get to proceed either way.
__________________

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)


Last edited by i fist brown i; 10-08-2012 at 10:00 AM.
i fist brown i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:03 AM   #141
TerrorfirmerIE
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 22

TerrorFirmerIE's Gamercard
I've been playing Resident Evil since it came out on the PSX, and I love RE6 so far. I hate when people speak for the RE 'Veterans' as if they're one unified voice in saying that RE6 sucks.

Leon's Campaign is by far the closest thing resembling an 'action horror', with some excellent use of shadows and lighting to create atmosphere, though it's not actually scary. Chris' campaign is essentially an action shooter, save one or two creepy moments. Haven't played Jakes or Adas yet, but so far, I consider Resident Evil 6 a 10/10 game. Doesn't mean its without flaws, and then are plenty of them, but I'm just having such an awesome time playing it, and the game has about 40 hours gameplay in it excluding replay value, it's just immense.
TerrorfirmerIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:14 AM   #142
bscalimero3
 
bscalimero3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 105

bscalimero3's Gamercard
Don't get me wrong, I want The game to be good, but sadly that is just not the fact.

The controls were a lot better in RE4 and 5, the Inventory sucks so bad that it hurts, Weaponsystem... Cycle through an assload of weapons till I get the one I want, press up or down for grenades AND health???

Sorry, this game has so much flaws, design failures and is overall just annoying and boring... I justcan't overlook it!

The old days are gone, I get this, but how can anyone in the world truly say that this is better in any case?

Like, seriously?

I am happy for the players, that can actually enjoy this Title, I for gods sake just couldn't!
bscalimero3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #143
ll X ll
 
ll X ll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strid View Post
The problem with this is that Revelations exists. Revelations brought hope, a lot of hope, to a lot of us older fans (of the series) that the staff of the game had realized the mistakes of their deviations, the good that came from them, and how to correct and mesh things together to create something wonderful moving forward. After playing Revelations I was left with a feeling of, "They get it, awesome!" and I became excited for 6, unlike any of the games after RE 2. So to pick up RE 6 and be treated to whatever the hell of a mess it is, well, it was shocking and disappointing on so many levels.

It also doesn't help that the 360 version, the one I played through first (and the version most reviewers seem to have), is a god awful port. I got my hands on the PS3 version today and the difference between the two is night and day. Going through it again, it feels like I'm playing a completely different game, gameplay quality wise and visually (nothing else can be saved unfortunately). Just a note though, visually it's still nothing to write home about, it doesn't compare 5, or Revelations (3DS) even, but it's a lot less fake FXAA'd into oblivion.
Hmm, i can see where you are coming from. Unfortunately for me i didn't play Revelations because i don't own a 3DS. However, with the game's stupid producer statements like this one http://www.computerandvideogames.com...says-producer/ and where he compared the fans as the children and them having control of the IP as the parents.

There was already no hope left to it being even remotely horror. So, i can see why many people would be disappointed. As for me, i am enjoying it for what it is and if you watch Shane's discussion about it in this great episode

http://www.gametrailers.com/full-epi...nt-evil-rumble *cue in the 32:30 mark for RE6 discussion*

You can see where i am coming from. But, if they told me to play RE: Remake or if they are going to make another RE but in classic form, then i would take that over RE6 ANYDAY.
__________________
ll X ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:44 PM   #144
Strid
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 398
I hear you, I'm enjoying it now that I have it on PS3. Seriously, night and day, what a terrible port the 360 version is. It's still bad on everything but a gameplay level, but it's RE combat 2.0 and I'm OK with that.
Strid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:14 AM   #145
Destro
 
Destro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Québec
Posts: 2,944

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by i fist brown i View Post
that is the foundation to a resident evil game... IDK what ppl were expecting, to me the game was awesome... but i practically LOVE resident evil!
The new controls where smooth in RE4 and RE5, i didn't like RE4 storywise but i remember i loved the gameplay, it was fun. I just hoped the story would be more interesting and as i mentioned after the story masterpiece that was Code Veronica(for a RE and a survival horor at least) i felt so disapointed i was going against some villager pecnos and a cult of alien worshipers... felt no RE at all. But the gameplay was fun...

RE5 kept pretty much the same gameplay, i had a lot of fun playing it and the story was this time way better(to me at least)

But RE6... so much annoys me, don't know if its because the ennemies always grab me, there hard to avoid, i take a shit load of damage or whatever, but i feel the camera is too close(compare to the previous games) the visibility is annoying and they added 2-3 new cool thingies for the gameplay, yet for the HUGE transformation of this game into an action fest it was not enought. RE5 had its action moments, it had ennemies with gun too, but it didn't happen all the time and the pace was good. RE6 tries to put you into a non-stop action sequence from the get go to the end, yet still with the controls of a game that should be slower paced...

This is why RE6 is very frustrating by some parts, and i agree i would take 3 times the inventory system of RE5 than the one from RE6... i rather have everything accesible by ONE button.
__________________


Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:01 AM   #146
Strid
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 398
Destro, try it on PS3 if you have the option. It pretty much clears up any issues with the controls being awful, which tends to be the case when there is no screen delay and input lag.
Strid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #147
TheSipuli91
 
TheSipuli91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Nastola, Finland
Posts: 80

sipuli91's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strid View Post
Destro, try it on PS3 if you have the option. It pretty much clears up any issues with the controls being awful, which tends to be the case when there is no screen delay and input lag.
I have it for both 360 and PS3, I can't tell a difference. The 360 version works perfectly for me.
TheSipuli91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:12 PM   #148
jules the great
 
jules the great's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,208
Send a message via AIM to jules the great

OldSchoolJules's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strid View Post
I hear you, I'm enjoying it now that I have it on PS3. Seriously, night and day, what a terrible port the 360 version is. It's still bad on everything but a gameplay level, but it's RE combat 2.0 and I'm OK with that.
I kept trying to decide what system to buy for and I ended up playing RE6 on the Xbox. Tell me tho, what are the differences between the two? graphics? Sound?
__________________
jules the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #149
Strid
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSipuli91 View Post
I have it for both 360 and PS3, I can't tell a difference. The 360 version works perfectly for me.
If you're willing to let it slide, that's one thing, it being technically flawed is not up for debate.

jules;

The differences are probably minor to the majority, but for me, they matter greatly. The graphics are a lot better on the PS3 version as the fake FXAA slider doesn't seem to be set on overkill, but instead "just right." With this, things are less blury, more smooth (looks like actual AA reproduction which FXAA is designed to achieve at less of a hit on performance). It's extremely noticeable in the games cut-scenes and particles. On the 360 version, for example, smoke and fire have this unnatural "digitized" effect, this is gone on the PS3.

More importantly though, the 360 version has input latency. It's probably not so much that your average person would notice this a problem off the bat (they'd have to know what it looks/feels like to begin with on this level). In fact, it's not enough that your crosshair doesn't move when you move the stick; it's so slight that it only effects the fluidity from point A to point B (which some people anymore may be insensitive to, I am not). This doesn't start and stop with aiming though, it slows down QTE progress, the time it takes to trigger a proper action, say, eat a tablet, melee, etc. It doesn't make the 360 version feel broken, but it makes it feel "clunky" as people here are calling it.

If someone has a problem/dislike with the PS3 controller over the 360 one though, I'd say stick with it on the 360. If you're uncomfortable, all the fluidity in the world isn't going to make it feel better.

Last edited by Strid; 10-09-2012 at 10:21 PM.
Strid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:07 AM   #150
Destro
 
Destro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Québec
Posts: 2,944

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
i dont have a PS3 so its out of the question, but personally its a matter of thecnicalities like you mentioned.. its how the whole game is designed.. for exemple ennemies in RE4 and 5 could get really close, then swing(you still had time to shoot them in the head to stop there animation) yet in RE6 they are not even close and BAM they jump and grab you... happens all the time... i always end up loosing life because of this. There is also so much "kill all ennemies" sequences ... where i try to run left and right to avoid being damage... but lets face it, this gameplay is not made to be played as a GOW... im sorry but just NOT...
__________________


Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:36 PM.