PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Naruto: The Broken Bond
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-30-2011, 10:47 PM   #1
Tamil Shinobi

Desi Shinobi's Gamercard
How to run on the water longer successfully?

I always seem to struggle running on water over a certian amount of time.

It seems the bar automatically drops to red so you fall into the water, it doesn't matter how hard or fast I hammer down the X button. Naruto still falls flat into the water.

I managed it only twice and that was getting to Sasuke secret room and Neji's Hide and Seek mission to retrieve the last explosive tag in the alcove where Sasukes room is located.

So what is the successful way of running longer on water without tripping.

Because I'm really struggling with Kiba's race where the race starts off running on water and I never make it to the other side.

Don't say hammer down X as fast as you can as it doesnt seem to work.

Can someone please tell me the technique behind successfully running on water longer.
Tamil Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:43 AM   #2
EmagDrolBot

EmagDrolBot's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I may be remembering completely wrongly, but aren't you meant to keep your balance on the water by tapping Left trigger if your bar falls to the right and Right trigger if it falls to the left?

I may be mixing it up with the original game I suppose, and I haven't played either in a while.
EmagDrolBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:54 AM   #3
hydrosugar

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Yeah I'm struggling with the Kiba race too. I did Sasuke's hideout easily, I think there's a fair difference between that and the start of the final race.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
JaxTH

jaxth's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmagDrolBot View Post
I may be remembering completely wrongly, but aren't you meant to keep your balance on the water by tapping Left trigger if your bar falls to the right and Right trigger if it falls to the left?

I may be mixing it up with the original game I suppose, and I haven't played either in a while.
You do that for bridges with Naruto.

Anyway, I finished the last Kiba race yesterday and I still fell into the water at the start. It just happened to spawn me on the island. Best I can say is tap X until you are almost in the red until the game decides that the bar is just gonna go into the red on the left no matter how fast you tap and hope you are close enough on the island to where it will put you there after you fall into the water.

Also try not getting "stuck" under the bridge. Basically if you are going under the bridge and you don't just go under it automatically but instead have to move over a little or something you probably aren't going to make it.

Friggin SEGA fanboy FOR LIFE!!!

My Achievement Guides & Roadmaps:

Retail
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Arcade
Space Channel 5: Part 2 Sonic CD Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 NiGHTS Into Dreams... Sonic the Fighters
JaxTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:30 PM   #5
ANIME SAG3

ANIME SAG3's Gamercard
this game is awesome
ANIME SAG3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #6
hydrosugar

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxTH View Post
You do that for bridges with Naruto.

Anyway, I finished the last Kiba race yesterday and I still fell into the water at the start. It just happened to spawn me on the island. Best I can say is tap X until you are almost in the red until the game decides that the bar is just gonna go into the red on the left no matter how fast you tap and hope you are close enough on the island to where it will put you there after you fall into the water.

Also try not getting "stuck" under the bridge. Basically if you are going under the bridge and you don't just go under it automatically but instead have to move over a little or something you probably aren't going to make it.
I might try it again if this is the case. It really seemed like I had no chance of ever making it, but if all I have to do is get close then there's a chance. It's not like it's my last achievement to complete the game, but I appreciate all achievements I can get.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:14 PM   #7
PartyItsTayTay

PartyItsTayTay's Gamercard
For Kiba's last race, if you walk on water until you get the second marker and fall in the water, you have time to run across the bridge that you would have to walk over, follow that to the right where there is another shore where you can walk over, climb up the wall, and then jump down to get back on course.