PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > Minecraft
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-04-2012, 02:25 PM   #1
rianbattle

Send a message via AIM to rianbattle Send a message via Yahoo to rianbattle

RianBattle's Gamercard
need some ideas!

as i mentioned in another thread, i need some more ideas. currently i'm working on a large-ish scale castle, not quite sure what to do with it. i have huge castle walls that will be surrounding a courtyard like area, with a castle behind it. running out of steam on it though, i have to keep running to find more coal and wood to smelt all the stone it's taking up, and i'm going to need a LOT more lol.

also looking for some ideas on redstone creations. so far i've made:
-automatic wheat farm
-automatic sugarcane farm(both of the farms dump items into an underground stream which feeds directly to the kitchen area of my little hut)
-obsidian generator
-cobblestone generator
-infinite sand generator
-slime farm that delivers the slimes to a room above ground, with a flood switch to drown them for slime balls which are delivered through a collection trench
-another automatic wheat farm where instead of planting seeds, waiting for them to grow, and pulling a switch, you stand on a pressure plate and dispensers on either side alternate shooting out a seed and a bonemeal in quick succession, and you hold LT to first plant the seed, then the bonemeal goes to your hand, hits the wheat, then a piston pulls the dirt block down to pop the wheat off and repeats

i've made some other stuff on pc and in other worlds on xbox, including piston and stair elevators, a digital clock(courtesy of cnbminecraft), different styles of piston doors, and some other random stuff.

does anyone know if the new animal behavior will work in a current world? if so i guess i can start creating a farm for the animals to live in. i'm also curious to know if we will be able to breed them like in the pc version with the new update.

anyway, i'm looking for ideas either having to do with redstone creations or just something to build, or ideas for the castle courtyard and main building. i've looked on youtube and all i can find are castles built on a HUGE scale which looks like they would be too big to even fit on a map in the xbox version lol.

Games 100% (including DLC): 60

Currently Playing:
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Lego Marvel Super Heroes
Minecraft
Terraria
rianbattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:10 PM   #2
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Just because the castles are too big for an xbox world, shrink them down and give them your own twist. Just keep browsing youtube vids for inspiration.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:13 PM   #3
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
There's a good tutorial for a semi-automatic seed/flower farm. Also, a semi-auto tree farm is a good addition as well.
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:31 PM   #4
DjBatfink

dj batfink's Gamercard
http://www.youtube.com/channel/SWQfGZKvRNom4

I find this site very good for lots of ideas, some are really amazing.....
Alot of the "TOP 5" stuff is taken from the PC version, but still it should give you some really good idea's, you might have to scale it down abit for xbox...

Last edited by DjBatfink; 10-08-2012 at 09:40 AM. Reason: add more info
DjBatfink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #5
Skillet

Send a message via MSN to Skillet

Skillet x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Staff Club - Skillet   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   SOTF Runner Up   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Fixed it for you, Dj, all you have to do is copy/paste links here.

Read them.... apply them.

Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:41 AM   #6
DjBatfink

dj batfink's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet View Post
Fixed it for you, Dj, all you have to do is copy/paste links here.
Thanks for that....
DjBatfink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:47 PM   #7
rianbattle

RianBattle's Gamercard
i've watched a lot of the top 5 videos, they are pretty amazing. i've resumed construction on my castle after finishing a few more side projects, i'm just getting a rough layout together. i've not all that great at decorating and stuff, that youtube link should come in handy for that.

since my last post, i have constructed an automated tree farm which was a great idea i never thought of, finished off my slime farm, and constructed a 50x50 room that is 2 high underground with channels of water moving inward toward the center. basically the room is pitch black and monsters spawn at an insane rate, fall into the trenches and into the pit in the center of the room, which then leads to a small room that it dumps into with a lava trap to kill the monsters. insane item drop rates! i'm thinking i might add another layer onto it, cover it in dirt, get some grass down to it, and catch animals at the same time :-)

Currently Playing:
Lego Marvel Super Heroes
Minecraft
Terraria
Old 10-13-2012, 09:21 AM   #8
king yatesy

King Yatesy's Gamercard
minecraftbuildingideas.com ?????
king yatesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:33 PM   #9
rianbattle

RianBattle's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by king yatesy View Post
minecraftbuildingideas.com ?????
i didn't know such a site existed...as soon as i finish my current project i'm going to check that out. unfortunately, dishonored(well, unfortunately for my projects) came out and it is freaking amazing. i'm going to finish my playthrough in that before coming back to minecraft(hoping the update will be out by then).

the monster spawner i mentioned in the last post got bigger. i added another floor on for monsters and i'm about to add a third on for animals. i'm going to cut out some space around the whole thing, and install automatic lighting using glowstone hidden in the walls. then, i have to work on my castle which i'm installing a 5x5 piston door onto the entrance(talk about a complicated timing circuit lol).

Currently Playing:
Lego Marvel Super Heroes
Minecraft
Terraria